Iceman

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

12 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Can't stand this cunt.

Why would anyone want to watch other people watching games? One for the shiteness of modern football thread. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

I thought Pochettino would be ideal for Utd a year or so back, I was wrong.

He needs to manage teams like Dortmund, Leipzig, Athletico Madrid not Man Utd, PSG, Man City. The minute Spurs players started getting ahead of themselves and the ego's crept in it fell apart for him.

If he could get in on the ground floor at Newcastle it'd work but he seems to struggle with the massive ego's and works better as an underdog.

What’s the deal with Poch? Has his stock fallen recently?

The BBC match thread pointed out that Cardiff had just sacked Mick McCarthy, then asked rhetorically if they would even consider signing Solskjaer to replace him.

Seemed to sum things up quite well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

The BBC match thread pointed out that Cardiff had just sacked Mick McCarthy, then asked rhetorically if they would even consider signing Solskjaer to replace him.

Seemed to sum things up quite well.

Hahahaha

36 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He defines the worst type of football fan that cunt his reactions reveal him to be the twat he is.

He's an absolute cunt, Liverpool and scousers seem to trigger him into a homicidal rage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Pochettino works best as a manager who never actually wins anything (does anyone actually ‘manage’ PSG?). He’d be ideal, but it’s unlikely I’d say. 

No, and I was listening to the most popular football show in France yesterday night and one of the pundits said he'd never be critical of a PSG manager ever again because it's been proven it's simply not possible to manage them. The players play when they want, they show up when they want. They truly care for about 10 games per season. Tuchel said it in an interview recently; his job there was more akin to a sports minister than coach. Whatever that means, but basically, you can't coach that team, it's the players that decide. Basically, what Pochettino is doing there isn't very relevant. 

I think what Pochettino did at Spurs will always be impressive but I don't know if he can do what Tuchel did at Chelsea and take a big club to the top. He's slightly behind tactically from the very best. I still don't want him at United, though. We need them to keep going for retreads, ex-United players and coaches with no philosophy. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

All the United fans I know want that Ten Hag, has he actually done anything of note?

I think he was Nine Hag just a couple years ago so...

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, Elite said:

All the United fans I know want that Ten Hag, has he actually done anything of note?

Took Ajax to Champions League semis and when it's working well, they play really good football.

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

As much as I enjoyed yesterday, part of me thinks winning 5-0 was a little much a bit like going for that second slice of amazing cake which is great at the time but it leaves none for tomorrow. 

we devoured Ole, when we could have prolonged the joy a little longer.

I think we made a conscious decision to save some cake, 5-0 is bad but 6 or 7, there is no coming back from that. Sir Alex lost by 5 at home after all and of its good enough for him....

Will be sad to see him go. He was a beacon of hope for idiots who didn't understand he was a stupid appointment in the first place. Now they'll have a chance of starting to fix their problems and get their really decent squad to play together.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, and I was listening to the most popular football show in France yesterday night and one of the pundits said he'd never be critical of a PSG manager ever again because it's been proven it's simply not possible to manage them. The players play when they want, they show up when they want. They truly care for about 10 games per season. Tuchel said it in an interview recently; his job there was more akin to a sports minister than coach. Whatever that means, but basically, you can't coach that team, it's the players that decide. Basically, what Pochettino is doing there isn't very relevant. 

I think what Pochettino did at Spurs will always be impressive but I don't know if he can do what Tuchel did at Chelsea and take a big club to the top. He's slightly behind tactically from the very best. I still don't want him at United, though. We need them to keep going for retreads, ex-United players and coaches with no philosophy. 

Think its ridiculous when people use the 'never won argument here when you look at the strength of the top 4 and the stranglehold city have over even the likes of the league cup.

Poch is a very good manager and was probally 1 or 2 players away from winning the league.

He transformed spurs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Moo said:

Despite how out of his depth everyone knows Solskjaer is, I do think they have a bit of a dilemma in which direction to go next, which is probably buying him more time. Conte would be the most obvious in terms of experience and winning things, so in that respect the least risky, but he can be a divisive figure and his style of football isn't always what you would want as a supporter, especially if you believe that attacking football is at the core of the club's values.  They've only recently mentally recovered from Mourinho's time at the club, would they want someone similar so soon?

Nearly everyone else available is a bigger risk than Conte, is it a risk worth taking right now?

Most commentators believe Solskjaer has done a decent job to this point but that it needs someone better to take them to the next level, but for loyal supporters that must seem really harsh.  If a club legend doesn't get the chance to see his efforts come to fruition, what chance does anyone else stand? And so they sack him and the merry-go-round continues?  You can see why they'd want to stick with him a bit longer.

As an aside, I do think Ronaldo has caused him a problem.  Like many, I said that he would do just fine scoring goals, fitness wise etc, but that it could upset the squad.  Not only that but it could have upset Solskjaer's plans for the season.  He signs Sancho to a massive fanfare, next superstar, guaranteed starter etc.  Cavani was clearly having a great influence on the younger players and relishing that role, Fernandes loving himself as the darling of the fans.  New season, new plans, clear idea of formation etc.  Then someone else decides they have to sign Ronaldo and all the "baggage" he brings both good and bad, rug pulled out from under the manager's feet, other player's noses out of joint. I've no doubt they would be doing better overall at this point of the season had Ronaldo not signed, and that's on the club, not Solskjaer.

Where does this legend thing come from btw?

From memory the little runt wasnt even in the 1st 11 most of the time.

CRapis7 is such a prick. If Ole had any balls he’d solve half his problems by fucking the preening little twat off to the U23s.

8 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Where does this legend thing come from btw?

From memory the little runt wasnt even in the 1st 11 most of the time.

Depends on your definition of legend of course but I've got no problem with anyone who considers Smicer and Origi to be LFC legends.  Most of their support consider him a legend.

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

CRapis7 is such a prick. If Ole had any balls he’d solve half his problems by fucking the preening little twat off to the U23s.

He doesn't have the credibility to do that though does he. They've just signed him on 500k a week.