You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

I don’t watch them much but If they are stuck playing AWB and Maguire due to the price tags, How tall / good in the air is AWB? Could he do a job at CB?

It Would give them more pace centrally and allow them to play a more attack minded wing back (do they have one?) if so maybe their squad would suit a 3-5-2?it would still allow them 3 cms and 2 up front.

I said a while back when it emerged that wan Bissaka is thinking of other countries to represent because Southgate has him as the 5th option at best for England that I was surprised Southgate didn't try him at RCB in his back 3. He has little attacking output but more often than not he is a excellent one on one defender. Looks perfect for that role for me. He's 6ft so is tall enough. 

20/25 years ago he would be highly valued but fullbacks are the teams wingers these days 

4 hours ago, suzy said:

Just been reading Scholes has now said they could win the league! Hahaha!

I know it’s outlandish but this is a pretty random season where seemingly anything can happen results wise, they could do a Leicester with a fair wind so I’d like the fall to come soon so they have to wallow in t for as long as possible.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I know it’s outlandish but this is a pretty random season where seemingly anything can happen results wise, they could do a Leicester with a fair wind so I’d like the fall to come soon so they have to wallow in t for as long as possible.

I think he has enough points on the board now to go through a bad spell. i have been quite happy them picking up a few wins, but we are now at a point where i would like them back in their place. If we've got Scholes saying they can win the league, let's see if we can have the sack Ole bandwagon back by the time they play us. 

Of course they could win it. It's a peculiar season and we've been brought down a level by injuries. They've got some very good players and they've got penalties, Add in more than their fair share of luck now and then and they could get to 80 points. 

More likely is that they'll fall back to their proper level of fifth or sixth but you never know. 

I'll just stick to my usual policy of begrudging them every point they win unless it benefits us. 

2 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

It’s a League Cup tie (although the bit about the kicking still applies, but Penalty is unlikely to be in the starting lineup).

Shite, didn’t notice that. Okay, I hope Leeds run them ragged (even though I expect United to score a hatful against them), Everton kick the shit out of any first team player that spends time on the pitch, Leicester capitalise and Wolves feast on the carcass.

It's like the monkeys with the typewriter thing, they've got good enough players so that they'll win more matches than they lose against mediocre opponents. Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it sticks. You need strategy to win the league and build anything meaningful though, on and off the pitch. And when it comes to stuff like drilling tactics, signings and by all accounts training methods, they're fucking clueless. Long may he reign.

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's like the monkeys with the typewriter thing, they've got good enough players so that they'll win more matches than they lose against mediocre opponents. Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it sticks. You need strategy to win the league and build anything meaningful though, on and off the pitch. And when it comes to stuff like drilling tactics, signings and by all accounts training methods, they're fucking clueless. Long may he reign.

Just seen him on SSN congratulating himself on how good they are. 

He is a complete clown so hard to see them staying in a title race. I think he will probably get sacked in a few weeks - maybe after losing to us in January, if their top 4 status is under threat. With him and that bunch of players there doesn't seem to be a middle ground though. In a mad season where possibly 80 points wins the league, it could be the year of the clown. We would win this by 10-15 points easily if we didn't have so many injuries.

Having said that Fernandes is an excellent player. They have pace in abundance and that is why they are so good away from home. Teams get an early goal and go for the second, but with the space they leave, United capitalise more often than not. VAR nearly always goes their way and it will be worse if they were in a title race.

I am cautious about them. I don't fear them like I did Ferguson's teams, but they are a peripheral threat to keep an eye on. 

Spurs and city, not necessarily in that order, are far more likely to win the title than a team led by this gimp. Out of the so called top clubs, they've played spurs, lost, chelsea, drew, arsenal, lost, city, drew. You can chuck in southampton, won and everton, won.

Sure, they've had very good fortune to spawn some wins at Brighton, sheff united, west ham. I just dont see it.

I think if Fernandes gets an injury they will really struggle. Hate him but he's a terrific player who can open the gaps for their pacey players. 

If Spurs lose Kane say for two months, they will still be a very good side. Genuinely would love to see them without Fernandes. Don't really rate City right now. I actually think they are even more reliant on De Bruyne than United are Fernandes. They look completely toothless up front without Aguero.

Liverpool, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Mancs, Leicester is how I think it'll  finish but I doubt if there'll be more than ten points separating the top six so if they continue without significant injuries and getting penalties and other decisions every couple of games they'll be a danger. 

• Upvote 1

I was one of those singing Fergie must stay back in the day so I’d proceed with caution with this laughing at the gnome. 

they seem to get even more decisions going there way now than what they used to get back then and 10 away wins in the spin breeds confidence. 

the media and authoritah will be forming a major campaign if these are near the top around feb. 

be careful what we wish for