You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

27 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

im going to get negged here, and ill probably regret saying this. 

But fair fucks to Utd in the champions league so far, they've been massive underdogs, in what alot of people have deemed as the group of death, and they've played the two toughest teams in the group so far, and quite frankly, gave them both a hiding. 

fair fucks to them. 

they remind me of us under Houllier, or even Roy Evans, win a big game, then lose to Burnley or some other shite. 

they'll still go on and win nothing though, thank fuck......

The resemblance with us in the 90's is quite astonishing.

Club legend leaves as manager with a squad that needs rebuilding

Appoints a manager who fucks up

Gets another manager who provide some sensational results only to lose against the dross next match

Players coming in are, at least in some cases, short term quick fixes

Other players coming in seem to drop in quality

Ending around 4th in the league on a regular basis

Opposite:

Playing poor games but somehow come out as winners (used to be annoyed as F by the way Fergie's boys managed to come out as unworthy winners of scrappy games back then)

Players coming in improve and look much better than before

Continuity in the squad, adding quality without disrupting the rest of the team

Ending around 1st in the league on a regular basis (OK we're maybe not quite there yet)

We want them to have these random successes. Without them "Ollie-on-th wheel" would've been sacked long time ago.

It took us 30 years, theyr now in their 8th.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JustTosh said:

The resemblance with us in the 90's is quite astonishing.

Club legend leaves as manager with a squad that needs rebuilding

Appoints a manager who fucks up

Gets another manager who provide some sensational results only to lose against the dross next match

Players coming in are, at least in some cases, short term quick fixes

Other players coming in seem to drop in quality

Ending around 4th in the league on a regular basis

Opposite:

Playing poor games but somehow come out as winners (used to be annoyed as F by the way Fergie's boys managed to come out as unworthy winners of scrappy games back then)

Players coming in improve and look much better than before

Continuity in the squad, adding quality without disrupting the rest of the team

Ending around 1st in the league on a regular basis (OK we're maybe not quite there yet)

We want them to have these random successes. Without them "Ollie-on-th wheel" would've been sacked long time ago.

It took us 30 years, theyr now in their 8th.

I agree with everything there. 

The advantage they'll have on us during that period is the champions league. 

In the 90's it was usually just the champions qualified, then obviously the runners up. So now you only need to be the 4th best team in the league to still qualify for the big prestige tournament, so they won't fall as far we did, I think....... Hope they do though. 

Is there some sort of long con going on? 

I just don’t get it, he’s fucking tragically out of his depth and is going to be having PTSD for years after he’s finally sent to the glue factory.

Why do they persist with it, he’s so obviously shite and never going to improve.

TL:DL lifetime contract.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I just don’t get it, he’s fucking tragically out of his depth and is going to be having PTSD for years after he’s finally sent to the glue factory.

Why do they persist with it, he’s so obviously shite and never going to improve.

We persisted too long with Souness, Evans, Houllier and to an extent, even benitez, although his hands where ties with the lack of funds. 

The similarities between Liverpool of the 90's and Utd now, is simply staggering. They just can't do anything right. 

It's fucking glorious 

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He is a gimp and strikes me as an unpleasant guy, I reckon he was the dressing room grass. 

"Sir Alex I heard becks and Giggsy planning a late night poker session before next week's game."

Thanks wee man I'll get to the bottom of this.

He was always the little grass. Takng notes on the training pitch to report back to Sir Alex. 

6b5.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It is a con. He manages to trip up good teams regularly enough that they think he's building something. In reality, it's playing on the counter and hoping they're clinical or for moments of magic. Anybody could do the same job he’s doing. 

They’re living in a fantasy land.  All these people in the media talking them up about winning the league as well.  It’s absolutely crazy.  They keep going on little runs of games where they win 3 or  4 but they hardly ever look good in them because they’re winning them off the back of individual quality or ridiculous penalty decisions.  They’ve got a relegation level manager.

They’re constantly moaning about signings.  Even now after this game they’re talking about managers not being backed or getting the players in.  The reason players go there at the moment is because they pay them stupid money and the reason they’re struggling to sign them from clubs is because they’ve consistently paid over the odds and now clubs just rinse them.  it’s not the type of players that are going to turn things around.  It’s a fucking great watch and long may it continue.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

They’re living in a fantasy land.  All these people in the media talking them up about winning the league as well.  It’s absolutely crazy.  They keep going on little runs of games where they win 3 or  4 but they hardly ever look good in them because they’re winning them off the back of individual quality or ridiculous penalty decisions.  They’ve got a relegation level manager.

They’re constantly moaning about signings.  Even now after this game they’re talking about managers not being backed or getting the players in.  The reason players go there at the moment is because they pay them stupid money and the reason they’re struggling to sign them from clubs is because they’ve consistently paid over the odds and now clubs just rinse them.  it’s not the type of players that are going to turn things around.  It’s a fucking great watch and long may it continue.

Their squad is good too. Besides a great CB, he has good options, young and experienced, in every position. The he's not been backed thing is patently absurd.

What makes it both ironic and joyous is that we're the only fanbase that can see their future and understands what they're going through.

Every time they win a game with a star turn from a young player or temporarily stop a rot with a reshuffle, I get flashbacks to Echo headlines like "Dominic Matteo as a sweeper could be the missing piece of the jigsaw" or "David Thompson - a midfield Michael Owen."

Brief moments of hope but you're only three games away from being reminded how shit you are again. 

You can't polish a turd. You need a top manager who buys top players for a specific system. They have none of those things.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He is a gimp and strikes me as an unpleasant guy, I reckon he was the dressing room grass. 

"Sir Alex I heard becks and Giggsy planning a late night poker session before next week's game."

Thanks wee man I'll get to the bottom of this.

Defo this. He's an overly smug little snide and I fucking detest him. 

Still hope they give him a hundred year contract like

• Upvote 1

Lovely stuff!

Player -                   Annual pay -    Per week

David De Gea -      £19.5 million -     £350,000

Paul Pogba -         £15 million -         £290,000

Anthony Martial -   £13 million -         £250,000

Marcus Rashford - £10.4 million -     £200,000

Harry Maguire -      £9.8 million -       £189,000

Edinson Cavani -   £9 million -           £174,000

Juan Mata -            £8.3 million -        £160,000

Luke Shaw -           £7.8 million -        £150,000

Odion Ighalo -         £6.5 million -       £125,000

Fred -                      £6.2 million -       £120,000

Its absolutely wonderful to see. After 25 plus years of them rubbing our noses in their success and having helmets like Giggs coming out about how what happened to Liverpool will never happen to United as Fergie had instilled a strong structure at the club.

When in reality he moulded that club to completely run around him and the minute he stepped away it would collapse. The fact he personally chose Moyes to replace him should make anyone realise he was not prepared to allow anyone to piggyback on his success and have another successful manager come in and eclipse him.

Absolutely wonderful to see that in the end the whiskey stinking pisshead was prepared to let the empire burn for his own ego. 

• Upvote 3