You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Fuck sake, what astronomic wages are they going to be paying Cavani? Not to mention the huge wedge for his agent. They do love a big name, regardless of how old they are.

2 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:
Cavani shits all over Ighalo and can probably offer cover across all three front positions. Not a bad bit of business, not sure why we had to leave it so late.

Because he doesn’t want to come to England. He’s said in previous interviews that English women are dirty and don’t use a bidet. The only reason he wants to join us is because his first choices don’t want him and we are the only club desperate and can pay his high salary demands.

This is the level of discussion over there. Loads of them saying 'Pay him £150K a week' which is just ridiculous. Not a chance they're going to talk to Cavani's agent and then only offer £150K a week.

Others saying it's like Sanchez, or even Falcao mk2. To be honest, I'd forgotten that stroke of genius. Four goals for a total of £4M a piece and £600K every time he pulled the shirt on.

It's fuckin' beautiful!

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if he scores at some stage he'll be declared a masterstroke and their front three every bit the equal of ours, as they draw and lose the following matches despair will quickly return, Gary Neville will blame Edward Woodward and glazers out will trend on twitter.

I thought their front 3 was already better than ours? That was the narrative in the mini covid season. Surely that hasn't changed in 2 games? 

They'll sign Cavani on a four year deal, £350k p/w. He'll score a couple of goals, then get injured, then the following season they'll loan him to Palermo while paying 97% of his wages. Meanwhile Edwards will sign Rashford for £750k, and Klopp will turn him into the next Mane.

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They're signing Cavani, which isn't a terrible short term move, but when the alternative was getting Sancho, it's pretty hilarious. 

4 league goals last season, will want huge wages and his legs have pretty much fallen off.

I'd say it's a pretty terrible move, short-term, medium-term, and especially long-term. I'm definitely going to laugh when the wage figures come out. Makes the Ighalo signing look sensible.

Oh my word, tracking along with that Redcafe link and they've posted this video of his performances last season.

It's hilarious, like someone made a well-meaning video of Ricky Lambert's time with us which only revealed how limited he was. I'm only 2:00 minutes in but it's pretty funny. He's scored one decent goal, a penalty and the rest of the "highlights" are just him being tackled or passing the ball to a fullback or something you'd expect any average player to be able to do.

I’m on a WhatsApp football group with mates who support various teams. Some of the united fans are trying to make out Cavani will be a Zlatan-esque signing while others are pointing out he’s been playing in a farmers league for 7 years and is past it. The bickering amongst them is brilliant I can’t help but fan the flames every so often.

It's like telling everyone you've got a Coronation Street star coming around for tea.

"Well we tried to get Jim McDonald and Ken Barlow but they just ignored our calls. We then asked Ashley Peacock but he said we aren't worth his while, so we ended up with that eco-warrior Spider who was great in the show about 20 years ago, he'll be brilliant."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

£200k a week rumour. They’ve learnt nothing from the Sanchez debacle.

Yeah but he’s also got to fight He-Man on a weekly basis too so that’s actually a pretty fair salary. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JagSquared said:

I’m on a WhatsApp football group with mates who support various teams. Some of the united fans are trying to make out Cavani will be a Zlatan-esque signing

I am hearing the same. But... even if it’s a two-year deal, wages of £10m a year, plus £10m for his agent, that’s still an awful lot of money. Plus Ibrahimović’s second second was dreadful. Seven games, and a solitary goal during a League Cup defeat your Bristol City. If that’s your best case scenario, maybe it’s time to make different plans. 

2 hours ago, Elite said:

It's like telling everyone you've got a Coronation Street star coming around for tea.

"Well we tried to get Jim McDonald and Ken Barlow but they just ignored our calls. We then asked Ashley Peacock but he said we aren't worth his while, so we ended up with that eco-warrior Spider who was great in the show about 20 years ago, he'll be brilliant."

Negged for bringing coronation Street into a thread on the FF. In fact any thread. 

• Upvote 2

Is the £10m signing fee for Cavani true? That's completely insane for player so far past his best with a terrible recent injury record who has been passed around multiple European clubs this summer all of whom have declined.

A desperate move attempting to buy a big name to cover for another inept transfer window.

The idea of an experienced striker to add to the youthful front 3 is sound. Problem with Utd is they done this about 6 weeks ago. Whatever anout paying Cavani 200 grand a week, they will now be paying Igahlo 150 grand for absolutely zilch.

42 minutes ago, No2 said:

The idea of an experienced striker to add to the youthful front 3 is sound. Problem with Utd is they done this about 6 weeks ago. Whatever anout paying Cavani 200 grand a week, they will now be paying Igahlo 150 grand for absolutely zilch.

Fuck me, do they really pay that for igahlo?! Did they get him for free?