Quantcast
Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd. - Page 192 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Iceman

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

17 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Woodward is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't Docker. He sacks him and he'll be blasted. He sticks with him and they could miss out on top 4 amd their more enlightened and sensible fans will be kicking off. It's a horrible position for them to be in because while I can't stand Ole, if I was a Manc I'd have happy memories of him as a player. 

I heard a Manc on the radio a few weeks ago and he was saying Sancho wouldn't go there. He was saying why would he want to go to United under Ole, when in 12 months time he could have his pick of pretty much all the big clubs and he will want to see where United are at. I actually think that's a fair point. I mean I know money talks and they are one of the biggest clubs in the world, but if I was a top player I'd be cautious about joining them.

Yep, agree with all that and you already see woodward is the target of their fans ire rather than the inept solskjaer.

Same with Sancho, Im not certain he really wants to go there. Didnt he 'like' some tweet or whatever about us a little while ago or let it be known he'd rather join us and play for Jurgen? The best thing that lad could do is sit tight at Dortie for the next 12 - 18 months before making a decision on his next move.

Woodward may well be awful at negotiating, but they still end up getting their targets quite a lot of the time, don't they? Obviously there are some notable exceptions, but it's not like they haven't got most of the players their managers have wanted (maybe this summer being the exception). I still reckon Pochhetino (or similar) could get them challenging without many other structural changes at the club.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Woodward may well be awful at negotiating, but they still end up getting their targets quite a lot of the time, don't they? Obviously there are some notable exceptions, but it's not like they haven't got most of the players their managers have wanted (maybe this summer being the exception). I still reckon Pochhetino (or similar) could get them challenging without many other structural changes at the club.

Im not sure he is any worse than most PL negotiators. Despite what their fans think, players dont see united as the all conquering team they were. As Ive said, it's like us through the 1990s. We couldnt attract the top players because we weren't see as top dogs by the players any more.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Im not sure he is any worse than most PL negotiators. Despite what their fans think, players dont see united as the all conquering team they were. As Ive said, it's like us through the 1990s. We couldnt attract the top players because we weren't see as top dogs by the players any more.

Yeah that's probably fair. I doubt they're as attractive a proposition as they once were. But they still pay top wages, so I don't think it'd be too much of an issue getting big players to sign.

10 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

I think generally you're right, but they've messed things up so bad this summer that they've got their own players saying they need to sign people. Shaw was saying they need signings the other day despite the fact they've been looking for a left back and he might lose his job. It's a mess there right now, there's nonsense going on all over the place.

On 21/09/2020 at 12:56, Dr Nowt said:

My only concern is the chubby hamster seemingly sitting off waiting for either Ole to get the boot or Guardiola to fuck off. Don’t mind him going to City at all, he’d be a downgrade for them and it’s already a 21st century club.

He’d massively help United modernise their whole infrastructure on the playing side though, and I don’t want to see that while there’s more comically terrible retrograde decisions for them to make and self-inflicted disasters for us to savour.

I think Pocchetino would do a much better job than Solksjaer,most competent managers would,but not anywhere near enough to bypass us City or possibly even Chelsea. For all his faults,Rodgers Leicester side are at least on a par with United too and would still be difficult to surpass without more heavy,but sensible investment.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think generally you're right, but they've messed things up so bad this summer that they've got their own players saying they need to sign people. Shaw was saying they need signings the other day despite the fact they've been looking for a left back and he might lose his job. It's a mess there right now, there's nonsense going on all over the place.

Yeah they have had a spectacularly shambolic summer.

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think Pocchetino would do a much better job than Solksjaer,most competent managers would,but not anywhere near enough to bypass us City or possibly even Chelsea. For all his faults,Rodgers Leicester side are at least on a par with United too and would still be difficult to surpass without more heavy,but sensible investment.

I agree mate. They’re no great concern to us for at least the next couple of seasons. However, it would still set them on the right path and away from being the comic powerhouse they are currently. Fuck. That.

• Upvote 1

They are obviously trading on the name and past successes and the fans think they can attract the very best from anywhere in the world even with Crackle there , the reality is they are not top of the list as regards the destination any world class player will  think off when they are thinking of moving to the premier league they will attract a level of player like Fernandes and the odd decent international but players like Sancho would be mad to consider Utd at this moment in time 

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah sadly I think most managers would be an upgrade on Solksjaer, who was an astonishing appointment given his lack of experience and achievements in the game. What they're lacking is what the likes of Houllier, Rafa and Klopp gave us - a plan. You need a manager to sit down with his staff and the board earl on and say 'here's how we're gonna play, here's the type of players we need to make it happen, this is how  they're going to train'. It might take a year, it might take two or three, but that's what you're working towards. You stamp that authority right throughout the club, including the youth players and you wait for it to work or not. 

I reckon Solksjaer is getting instructions from Ferguson and by all accounts his training methods don't seem to go much beyond running and playing five a side. Can't see there being much in the way of sports science going on there. 

They were cooing over Van De Beek scoring but it didn't come at the end of a move, he was basically just in the box. That's how they'll win games this season, it'll be a case of players grabbing goals and just outclassing lower league sides, but there's no pattern or discernible way of playing there that I can fathom.

As I say, long may he reign. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Duff Man said:

I’m not sure that’s right. They more often than not fail to get their first choice targets. 

it was widely reported they were after haaland - they ended up with Igahlo on loan instead, Bellingham had a tour given by Ferguson but dragged his feet then went to Dortmund, regullion and bale (the latter maybe not so seriously) who were linked but went to spurs, sancho still hasn’t signed.

even when they got their man, they drag out transfers by low balling before caving in and paying the original asking price like they did with Maguire, AWB and Fernandes.

11 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I’m not sure that’s right. They more often than not fail to get their first choice targets. 

it was widely reported they were after haaland - they ended up with Igahlo on loan instead, Bellingham had a tour given by Ferguson but dragged his feet then went to Dortmund, regullion and bale (the latter maybe not so seriously) who were linked but went to spurs, sancho still hasn’t signed.

even when they got their man, they drag out transfers by low balling before caving in and paying the original asking price like they did with Maguire, AWB and Fernandes.

Not sure that refutes anything I've said, but my main point was that there's enough money sloshing around the club for them to be challenging again if they just get the manager right.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I hope the don't get Telles because that would genuinely improve them. 

Going forward possibly but he’s fucking woeful at defending. Also has a massive ego, can see him and Bruno clashing. 

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

They are proper shite. Its fucking glorious that they have that mong as manager. 

When do we play them? Need to buy some KY.

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When do we play them? Need to buy some KY.

We could play them have our side fully fit

ready to go & they could have half their first team out with COVID 19 and if the match is at OT we’d be lucky to scrape a draw.

(we’ll batter them at home though)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We could play them have our side fully fit

ready to go & they could have half their first team out with COVID 19 and if the match is at OT we’d be lucky to scrape a draw.

(we’ll batter them at home though)

That does seem to be the way of things these days. Be nice to do a re-imagining of Nando 09 this year, with slab head in the Vidic role.

On 21/09/2020 at 12:59, Bjornebye said:

They badly need to fuck Pogba off. I just don't get it at all with him. he is utter fucking shite. Yeah he had a great world cup and yeah he was boss in Serie A but he cant hack the premier league. His first touch is worse than Buster Bloodvessels. Absolute gobshite as well. 

I hope Rashford fucks them off. Love that lad. 

Well I don't love him like but I like him. 

Pogba and Rashford are poles apart. Imagine Pogba having sympathy for a starving child? He'd probably have the child's initials shaved into his hair to 'highlight their plight'. 

10 hours ago, Duff Man said:

Not sure that refutes anything I've said, but my main point was that there's enough money sloshing around the club for them to be challenging again if they just get the manager right.

Yep I have got to admit I misread your original post.

• Like 1