You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Si asked Dave to delete all his posts and threads. 

I meant without prior request! Very few things ' go too far' here. Partly because the lax moderation and partly because the natives know where the line is, and then rarely go much more than five thousand miles beyond it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

United fans in my experience don't love winning for winnings' sake, they love winning so they can try and put you down. 

I’ve said this for years when arguing with them. Other clubs enjoyed their own success yet there’s was diluted because it was all about chasing us down. 

8 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The mad thing is Woodward and the Glazers have actually given them all the tools to be a success.

They got Moyes off the back of Ferguson's recommendation. If they chose someone else that would be akin to going against the wishes of Paisley or Shanks here. They then went and got Van Gaal, who is (was) a brilliant manager. Nothing wrong with that decision especially as he had just taken Holland to a wc semi final. They then get Mourinho who at the time was an a list manager. Ole was a stop gap while they picked a top manager. He went on a run and the crowd wanted him, so they had to give it to him.

They have supported all the managers financially. Moyes was the only one who perhaps wasn't. Yet, they think that big name signings are the answer.

The reality is it's a cultural mindset in that club. They are like us in the mid 90s. There is no good senior pro left. At least around 93 or 94, we still had Rush, Barnes, Nicol, Whelan and Molby. They have nobody of that ilk. They have some great talents but without guidance, they won't reach their potential. Their captain is clearly a lying scumbag who hasn't the backbone to admit he was a knobhead. In Brexit Britain, he is a champion to a public that thinks Johnny Foreigner is all corrupt and nasty. Imagine a gutless coward leading you. 

I still worry that they could click in the next few years but they certainly won't with that clown managing them. We have seen what a great manager does to a club here and even across the park, the Ev are already a much better team with Carlo. 

They go on about a project but could they give up 3 years to allow the next Jurgen Klopp time to reset a whole club. Like fuck they will. 

This.

But I'm glad Ancelotti went to the Bloo's and the Mancs didn't have the foresight to go after him.

They'd be a different animal with him at the helm.

The bastards.

• Upvote 1

The difference was clear to see over the weekend. Who would play for a fucking wet blanket, sat on the touchline looking clueless. Compare that to Klopp with Thiago as he was waiting to come on, revving him up and giving him the trademark Klopp hug.

5 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

How long do people think Pochettino is prepared to sit waiting in the wings for Ole to implode and the job gets harder ? .

Pochettino wants a job where he’s got a good chance of winning trophies. I understand he also wants to stay in England for family reasons (which frankly is the only reason I can imagine he wouldn’t have been falling over himself to get the Juve job - worst case scenario appears to be a 12-month spell where he finally garnished his CV with a league title before getting the sack for the sin of not winning the CL). 

Spurs are out. Arsenal I’d assume likewise. There’s no chance of a vacancy at Anfield any time soon. So that leaves Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City. He’d be an improvement for the first two, so much so that they’d be justified in binning Lampard/Solskjær just to get him in. City will only appoint someone new if Guardiola chooses to leave - he’s still bigger than the club. 

If he has any sense he’ll take some Italian or French lessons just in case, but at least one of those three English jobs is likely to come up in the next 12 months. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think this is where the magic happens with people like Gary Neville. Solksjaer is a tit and a proven failure who by all accounts has them training like he did in the 90s, suprised Brian Kidd hasn't continued to steal a living there with some moonlighting. You can never have enough footballs in nets. 

But regardless of the results Neville comes on screaming about Ed Woodward, he's doing us all a massive favour. 

If you gave Solksjaer our squad it'd be like giving Henry the Eighth an Apple Mac. 

Long may he reign, that's why I wasn't that bothered about them doing okay at the end of last season, as soon as Rio Ferdinand and the other bellends start talking about title challenges and biggest club in the world being back and all that bollocks it's great, cos it's another 100 million or whatever down the pan. 

That's a beautiful analogy but harsh on Henry the eight being mentioned in the same context as Ole.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Spot on, Ronnie lad. They are exactly where we were during our 'wilderness' years. They're making all the wrong decisions (delightfully so) and the beauty ofit is, until the fans turn against the inept solskjaer the board will stick with him until they do or they are in such a bad state they have no option to wield the axe.

Id go as far as to suggest they are now at the point we were when souey was manager. I honestly think even if they did get a decent manager in, they wouldnt be title challengers. Right now, I see them in a fight for top 4 with a number of teams.

Woodward is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't Docker. He sacks him and he'll be blasted. He sticks with him and they could miss out on top 4 amd their more enlightened and sensible fans will be kicking off. It's a horrible position for them to be in because while I can't stand Ole, if I was a Manc I'd have happy memories of him as a player. 

I heard a Manc on the radio a few weeks ago and he was saying Sancho wouldn't go there. He was saying why would he want to go to United under Ole, when in 12 months time he could have his pick of pretty much all the big clubs and he will want to see where United are at. I actually think that's a fair point. I mean I know money talks and they are one of the biggest clubs in the world, but if I was a top player I'd be cautious about joining them.

How about Bielsa? If he does a decent job with Leeds this season and the pixie has a stinker they might be tempted. To be honest the fume from the locals here would be fucking hilarious. There are murals of Bielsa popping up all over the city. I can just picture a group of livid yorkshireman frantically painting over them. 

Imagine Bielsa at United, the bid from Amazon to produce the documentary would be so insanely high that it might just tempt the Glazers into doing it.

Bielsa raging at Luke Shaw for not understanding the allusion to Jorge Luis Borges' poetry on the 28th page of the opposition report for their upcoming game at Chester.

Or some corporate guy trying to explain to Bielsa why he needs to put on the MUFC-branded loafers for the merchandising catalogue and Bielsa punching him straight in the gob. It would make for some fascinating television, that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Imagine Bielsa at United, the bid from Amazon to produce the documentary would be so insanely high that it might just tempt the Glazers into doing it.

Bielsa raging at Luke Shaw for not understanding the allusion to Jorge Luis Borges' poetry on the 28th page of the opposition report for their upcoming game at Chester.

Or some corporate guy trying to explain to Bielsa why he needs to put on the MUFC-branded loafers for the merchandising catalogue and Bielsa punching him straight in the gob. It would make for some fascinating television, that's for sure.

Bad Luck Brian Meme |  GETS DREAM JOB IN MAN UTD MARKETING DEPARTMENT; HAS TO TELL BIELSA THEY WANT TO PUT MAN UTD BRANDING ON HIS BUCKET | image tagged in memes,bad luck brian | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bielsa seems like the perennial outsider and way more David than Goliath. Don’t think it would fit his MO at all to go there, far too clubby, self-satisfied and establishment an organisation by half.

Woodward: So we’re basically an adult version of Disneyland.

Bielsa: 

3B7DC071-D46E-444B-A4BD-4BB834BC1399.gif

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Woodward is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't Docker. He sacks him and he'll be blasted. He sticks with him and they could miss out on top 4 amd their more enlightened and sensible fans will be kicking off. It's a horrible position for them to be in because while I can't stand Ole, if I was a Manc I'd have happy memories of him as a player. 

I heard a Manc on the radio a few weeks ago and he was saying Sancho wouldn't go there. He was saying why would he want to go to United under Ole, when in 12 months time he could have his pick of pretty much all the big clubs and he will want to see where United are at. I actually think that's a fair point. I mean I know money talks and they are one of the biggest clubs in the world, but if I was a top player I'd be cautious about joining them.

Yep, agree with all that and you already see woodward is the target of their fans ire rather than the inept solskjaer.

Same with Sancho, Im not certain he really wants to go there. Didnt he 'like' some tweet or whatever about us a little while ago or let it be known he'd rather join us and play for Jurgen? The best thing that lad could do is sit tight at Dortie for the next 12 - 18 months before making a decision on his next move.

Woodward may well be awful at negotiating, but they still end up getting their targets quite a lot of the time, don't they? Obviously there are some notable exceptions, but it's not like they haven't got most of the players their managers have wanted (maybe this summer being the exception). I still reckon Pochhetino (or similar) could get them challenging without many other structural changes at the club.

• Upvote 1