You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

They're never gonna get anywhere with this helmet there, nor while they maintain a transfer policy based purely around placating their idiot fans rather than building towards a long-term strategy. Anything that protracts the anguish and forces them to haemorrhage more cash is fine by me.

Do you not think they've kind of stopped that now? Their signings this last year haven't been too bad. They've overpaid for some, but there's not the dross like they've been buying. 

23 minutes ago, Special K said:

So were Fowler and Owen

Scored 4 goals in three finals between them in 2001. Imagine them without the injuries.

The key will be whether they have the desire to strengthen in their weaker positions, which means non-sexy signings. If they do so, they have half a chance. Of course they then have to be properly coached and hope that everyone else falls away - happened in 2016 and 2017.

We were well able to play some fantastic football at the end of many seasons when other teams were running away with the league. Let’s see how Solskjaer does when he has to come up with plans B, C and D tactically once other coaches twig his methods. 

• Upvote 1

The glorious run continues against winless Bournemouth.

Solksjaer was even feeling bold enough to have a pop at the doubters at the start of his reign.

Going to make it all the better when this inplodes     

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, M_B said:

Their front three have scored more goals than our front three, don't you know.

If they can find a half decent central defender then they'll be challenging for the title.

Apparently.

It would be nice if we could get 17 penalties so our lads could pad their stats too. 

12 hours ago, Dave D said:

The glorious run continues against winless Bournemouth.

Solksjaer was even feeling bold enough to have a pop at the doubters at the start of his reign.

Going to make it all the better when this inplodes     

Its basically the same sort of run he had after Mourinho got sacked. A few winnable games against teams in the bottom half of the league, easy draws in the domestic cups and a few routine wins in Europe. 

Removing tribalism, I can see Fernandes is a brilliant player and Greenwood is a terrific talent. Rashford is a sound lad who is also a very good player - hyped up though because he is English and plays with United. Martial and Pogba look half arsed.

They are clicking. The thing is that pace and a brilliant midfielder pulling the strings can be worth a lot in this league. They remind me a little bit of us under Brendan. It's not inconceivable that they get a head of steam if they get their customary easy start to the season. 

Long term, I just don't see how Ole wins a league over Jurgen and Pep. These guys are managerial giants and ultimately superior to Ole in every sense. 

They have played shit teams, albeit ones with a lot to play for like Brighton and Bournemouth. It is the perfect storm for us with them - Ole and their hordes getting cocky. 

Still I remember pissing myself at how shit a manager Ferguson was and look how that turned out.

On 27/06/2020 at 11:47, aws said:

The League is far, far stronger than it's ever been. 

The top 6 have all been the strongest for ages,below that though I would say that the PL players are fitter and more athletic than they've ever been but lack the technical ability of the likes of similar teams in Spain and Italy for example. It really is all about the money in the PL as has been proved by United,Chelsea and even Blackburn. Leicester were hardly paupers either! Kudos to Arsenal and ourselves for spending less than our rivals but using it more wisely to achieve success.

On 06/07/2020 at 09:56, Ronnie Whelan said:

Long term, I just don't see how Ole wins a league over Jurgen and Pep. These guys are managerial giants and ultimately superior to Ole in every sense. 

This, but also they’re a mess off the field generally. Their owners are parasites, just sucking cash out of the club.
Ewar Woowar is clueless (at the football stuff anyway - if you want your club to be the first to have an official anal lube partner then he’s your man) yet has a massively important and powerful role. 
And their players? Plenty of good ones, but many more who are rank average yet overpaid/overhyped/underachieving. How many international central defenders can one club have on the books without having a convincing centre of defence? Fernandes aside, who was the last signing they made who was not just successful but good value for money? The squad is a mix of players signed by five different bosses now, and it shows. 
That said, I hope that Ole gets many more years to continue to excellent work that he’s doing. 

On 06/07/2020 at 10:56, Ronnie Whelan said:

Removing tribalism, I can see Fernandes is a brilliant player and Greenwood is a terrific talent. Rashford is a sound lad who is also a very good player - hyped up though because he is English and plays with United. Martial and Pogba look half arsed.

They are clicking. The thing is that pace and a brilliant midfielder pulling the strings can be worth a lot in this league. They remind me a little bit of us under Brendan. It's not inconceivable that they get a head of steam if they get their customary easy start to the season. 

They have played shit teams, albeit ones with a lot to play for like Brighton and Bournemouth. It is the perfect storm for us with them - Ole and their hordes getting cocky. 

Still I remember pissing myself at how shit a manager Ferguson was and look how that turned out.

A good post in full.