You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

I’m playing the long game with my united fan friends by subtly steering the conversation to how they are back to form. 

It’s nothing but how they are finally signing players that fit the managers style (Bruno), how they should catch a inconsistent Chelsea side, that they will be a serious threat next season with just one or two additions and how Ole has turned it around and has to be backed fully.

They can’t help it and the ego is well and truly back, the fall when it comes will be great, they won’t be able to blame the players, the style of play or even the manager as they have been bigging them up for the last few weeks. Ideally you want then  bravely missing out on CL on the last day so the cycle can start again next season.

• Upvote 8

Guest Alex_K

They are back in the same way we were back when we beat Chelsea 2-0 under Hodgson; the way Torres was back when he scored twice in that game. Back in the same way when Solskjaer was unbeaten in his first 12. The longer they think that, the better. They may move to the heady heights of being a 70-point season team (realistically they are on for early-to-mid 60s this season) but while Klopp is the manager here and Solskjaer is the manager there, they will never be a concern in domestic league competition.

For me they have become no different to Chelsea or Arsenal. I literally couldn't give a shit give which of them finishes 4th or 5th. That has been one of the most enjoyable parts of this season, since December only our own games have been of any concern, before that it was just City. It seems like every year for 10 or 15 years the results of 3 or 4 other teams were having a major effect on our top 4 hopes. I was watching 4 or 5 games a weekend, now Utd v City has zero interest for me, watched the last 15 minutes because sky was on when I turned on the TV. Long may it continue.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, No2 said:

For me they have become no different to Chelsea or Arsenal. I literally couldn't give a shit give which of them finishes 4th or 5th. That has been one of the most enjoyable parts of this season, since December only our own games have been of any concern, before that it was just City. It seems like every year for 10 or 15 years the results of 3 or 4 other teams were having a major effect on our top 4 hopes. I was watching 4 or 5 games a weekend, now Utd v City has zero interest for me, watched the last 15 minutes because sky was on when I turned on the TV. Long may it continue.

Nah, fuck that. Can't have them back in the CL, could damage them for years if they fail this year with the penalties. 

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

They will win the Europa sadly

They will qualify through the league, unfortunately. Both Arsenal and Tottenham are shit this season. And if that wasn’t enough, UEFA have disqualified Man C from the CL next season.

A perfect storm for Ole.

Something doesn’t sit right with this oh so public pursuit of Bellingham from Birmingham he’s a top prospect no doubt but why is so much detail being leaked? Doesn’t look like they have control or are trying to warn off other teams. The only thing it will surely do is drive up the price as they are so far committed to making it happen.

The two league wins over City were great results, but similar free shots to those we had against United themselves in the early 2000s when we beat them, often comprehensively, but still trailed them by 30 points at the end of the season.

The whole thing couldn’t have worked out better - he’s surely safe in his job for next season now. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/03/2020 at 06:58, Captain said:

They will qualify through the league, unfortunately. Both Arsenal and Tottenham are shit this season. And if that wasn’t enough, UEFA have disqualified Man C from the CL next season.

A perfect storm for Ole.

Not when Sheffield Utd get fifth.