You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

10 hours ago, Ron B said:

Although we all have a view on The S*n, it wouldn’t have been that difficult - or unlikely - for the paper to have found out what was happening and get down there quickly.

Plus, if the news desk did get a call (anonymously, from a friendly press officer, from a neighbour, etc) then they could easily get somebody to the scene immediately after calling the police.

I'm happy to be put right on any bits I’ve got wrong, but to the best of my knowledge:

*Man Utd aren’t offering any evidence that the paper had advance knowledge of what was planned, other than (implicitly) “Well, they got there rather quickly,”. That’s not enough to prove that the S*n were in a cahoots with these morons, it just shows that they have good sources;

*Any newspaper, tipped off about a story like this, would try to send both a photographer and a reporter. Mentioning that a national newspaper sent two members of staff to a story, and implying, well, I’m not sure what they’re implying, appears to be a case of just throwing mud and seeing what sticks;

*Man Utd aren’t offering any evidence that the reporter/newspaper did not alert the police (also - crimes can be reported anonymously, AND there’s no way I know of that a victim of crime can ask the police for a list of who did and who didn’t call 999);

*The chumps who did this were planning it anyway. I’m not sure what encouragement they needed from having a reporter there;

*There was no tangible ‘reward’ for these morons;

*Reporting on a crime is not a breach of the IPSO code. Section 9 of the code (Reporting Of Crime) is about naming victims, naming under-18s, naming the friends and family of the accused, etc. Section 16 (Payment To Criminals) might be what they’re aiming for - but they’d need some pretty strong evidence rather than “his presence... rewarded the perpetrators.” You can’t punish a journalist for being present at the scene of a crime. 

I reckon you’re barking up the wrong tree here.

Fair play if the journalist does not tip the cops off to legitimate civil disobedience or protest.

But this is a bunch of nobbers at a private residence chanting to kill him and fireworking the place because they think he’s bad at football.

They wouldn’t have been there very long, no way could the Scum have just found out and sent a couple of people down there in time to document it.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

I reckon you’re barking up the wrong tree here.

Fair play if the journalist does not tip the cops off to legitimate civil disobedience or protest.

But this is a bunch of nobbers at a private residence chanting to kill him and fireworking the place because they think he’s bad at football.

They wouldn’t have been there very long, no way could the Scum have just found out and sent a couple of people down there in time to document it.

That still all rests on “Well, they got there rather quickly,” though. 

That’s not enough to conclude that the journalist must have known in advance and/or decided against telling the police. And while we can all make guesses about what might or might not have happened, IPSO doesn’t make guesses - it needs something more compelling from whoever is making the complaint. 

41 minutes ago, Ron B said:

That still all rests on “Well, they got there rather quickly,” though. 

That’s not enough to conclude that the journalist must have known in advance and/or decided against telling the police. And while we can all make guesses about what might or might not have happened, IPSO doesn’t make guesses - it needs something more compelling from whoever is making the complaint. 

Man united have just hired Neil Ashton from the rag as their PR man. It would seem highly unlikely they would be pushing this if they didn't have more than is being offered now. They're just choosing not to show their hand. Ashton I am sure will be more than aquainted with what IPSO do and don't need. It would feel they likely already know the outcome or it would never have got this far. 

Edwards was getting stick at the ground, on forums and social media for some time. I hardly think it would be beyond the wit even of scum hacks who work for that rag not to work out that his home may be targetted next.

united fans have form for this having got Colleen so worried about loads of fans rocking up at rooney mansion and doing similar when there was talk of him wanting a move.

All the same, Ive littel doubt ashtonwill use his industry knowledge to paint the events at Edwards gaff as a newspaper set up because, well, united fans just dont do that sort of thing, do they? It deflects attention away from the useless and tactically inept gimp.

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo will miss the club's training camp in Spain because of fears the coronavirus outbreak could lead to him being refused entry back into the UK.

They play outside the UK twice in the next 20 days -- not sure this was thought through.

It's because he was in China and if in the meantime restrictions are put in place, he may not gain re entry.

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo will miss the club's training camp in Spain because of fears the coronavirus outbreak could lead to him being refused entry back into the UK.

They play outside the UK twice in the next 20 days -- not sure this was thought through.

What do you mean it wasn't thought through?

If you get a chance to bring in the 19th leading goalscorer from the Chinese league last year, you have to jump on it! Quarantine concerns, the fact that you don't have time to do a medical - none of these matter when you're the best-run club in football and you know you've identified a top talent who happens to share the same agent as your manager.

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

What do you mean it wasn't thought through?

If you get a chance to bring in the 19th leading goalscorer from the Chinese league last year, you have to jump on it! Quarantine concerns, the fact that you don't have time to do a medical - none of these matter when you're the best-run club in football and you know you've identified a top talent who happens to share the same agent as your manager.

The epitome of a panic buy, Id say. Their balotelli! The fact he's having to do double training to get anywhere near fit for the PL tells you all about how 'fit' he was playing in China.

On 08/02/2020 at 15:47, dockers_strike said:

The epitome of a panic buy, Id say. Their balotelli! The fact he's having to do double training to get anywhere near fit for the PL tells you all about how 'fit' he was playing in China.

Their season finishes the 1st week in December. The lad will have been having a fine time since and they only recently started pre-season. I don't think it's a surprise he needs a pre-season now. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It seems they have lost interest in Maddison now (more down to him not being interested in them I reckon) and Declan 'Overrated' Rice is their new target. That club is fucked....lovely. 

5 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It seems they have lost interest in Maddison now (more down to him not being interested in them I reckon) and Declan 'Overrated' Rice is their new target. That club is fucked....lovely. 

Quiff boy at Villa is interested in joining them too isn't he? God only knows why. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Quiff boy at Villa is interested in joining them too isn't he? God only knows why. 

Aye, nothing to do with easy wages and none of the big boys being interested in joining them. Not only that, they are paying way over the odds for so called British talent. Hoping for sell on value? ( Obviously smirking as I think of slab head)