You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

See the goblin has tried to have another pop at us in his press conference!!

”we didn’t have to prioritise competitions back in 98/99, like Liverpool are doing”

all this whilst announcing that Sanchez will be back in the summer and prove you all wrong

If only he’d have finished that by saying “ so nerr, nerr, ne, nerr nerr” like all 3yr olds do!!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dandyman said:

”we didn’t have to prioritise competitions back in 98/99, like Liverpool are doing”

all this whilst announcing that Sanchez will be back in the summer and prove you all wrong

If only he’d have finished that by saying “ so nerr, nerr, ne, nerr nerr” like all 3yr olds do!!

From wikipedia:

The title holders Manchester United, withdrew from the 1999–2000 competition due to their participation in the 2000 FIFA Club World Championship in South America, to take place in early 2000

No comments needed

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I see the gimp has said Sanchez will return to the club for next season and he, solskjaer, will prove everyone else wrong about him. Was he wearing his best shiny rubber suit when he said that?

Nah, that's just a negotiating position I reckon. My guess is Sanchez is trying to make his move permanent, with Salford paying most of his wages and inter doing the Italian thing of dodging the cost of footballers. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Can't believe they are signing Alexis Sanchez from Inter Milan. Surely he's got better offers than them? Why aren't we in for him? It's been a while since I've seen him admittedly but I was pissed off we didn't get him in when Suarez left. 

As a young boy, he'd always dreamed of downing tools at Old Trafford.

• Upvote 2

Further to the Rock of Gibraltar debacle, there was a protest group set up at the time to put the run on Magnier and McManus.

"United4action continues to view Magnier and McManus as destabilising  influences within our great football club and we once again call on them to  return their shares to the fans, the rightful owners of the club," 

How did that work out for ye, lads? 

22 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Further to the Rock of Gibraltar debacle, there was a protest group set up at the time to put the run on Magnier and McManus.

How did that work out for ye, lads? 

Never got the hate. Magnier McManus and Desmond easily could have been their version of FSG . Also kind of ironic that the horse in question didn't live up to his stellar racing career. Bang average stallion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clockspeed said:

Never got the hate. Magnier McManus and Desmond easily could have been their version of FSG . Also kind of ironic that the horse in question didn't live up to his stellar racing career. Bang average stallion. 

Could easily be my wife's entry on my latest appraisal.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Could easily be my wife's entry on my latest appraisal.

Is it possible for a stallion to be bang average? That's like saying that Great White Shark is bang average as it tears the seals to shred in a minute rather than a few seconds.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Looks like they've been scuppered by Barca over Fernandes. Shame.

I'm hearing United have upped their offer and could still sign him. I suspect the Barca links are a kick up the arse for the man at the wheel.

2 hours ago, clockspeed said:

I think the hate is kind of obvious. Ferguson was their hero, their shankly and paisley rolled into one. There was a scrap between one of the owners, and a manager who'd delivered all their dreams. Of course they sided with Ferguson. As for their "fsg". It was a time when foreign ownership wasn't everywhere and nobody would have seen their "fsg" as some type of utopia. 

23 hours ago, Pidge said:

Seen he spent his time after the match waiting around to gloat at a League One goalkeeper just after he'd shipped six goals.  The weird twat.

He's weird. He could lose ten games in a row, but win the 11th and come out gloating and smiling and all "I told you so"s.

6 hours ago, dandyman said:

we didn’t have to prioritise competitions back in 98/99, like Liverpool are doing

Probably because they hadn't the most expensive squad ever assembled in the history of football to raise the bar to such ridiculous levels so that even draws away to tough,top 4/6 opponents are seen as 2 points dropped! 

Also, that cunting team only won 22 league games that season, drawing 13! Fuck me, you wouldn't get top 6 for that now. All that meant they could play stronger teams in the fa cup without having to win every league game as they'd no city to worry about winning 18 fucking games in a row.

fucking crackle cunt.

I just checked,and they played a near full strength side in every round of the fa cup. They only rotated the first 14 they had. No youngsters at all. 

• Upvote 1