You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

4 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Got a stat sent through on WhatsApp that ole’ win percentage at united if you took away penalties is 7%.

thats since he got the perm gig but still mad how they are so poor at breaking teams down

What’s the % with penalties? Sounds like one of those stats

16 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Got a stat sent through on WhatsApp that ole’ win percentage at united if you took away penalties is 7%.

thats since he got the perm gig but still mad how they are so poor at breaking teams down

I don't like stats like that. Pens do count, I know they've had some soft ones, but you get pens normally because some prick can't stop you scoring any other way. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, belarus said:

What’s the % with penalties? Sounds like one of those stats

Dunno probably shite either way but it’s the inability to break teams down without pens which I find interesting.

but 100% pens do count but with some worse luck he would have been sacked long ago

20 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Dunno probably shite either way but it’s the inability to break teams down without pens which I find interesting.

but 100% pens do count but with some worse luck he would have been sacked long ago

They can't break down teams because their forwards are one trick ponies who are alright when you give them space to run into, but have neither the touch, vision and movement to open sides up who just know how to close them out and deny them space. It's why they've had good results against us, Chelsea, city and spurs this season, but get fucked by the shittest of teams. 

49 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Didn’t realise he was also working part-time in a hairdressers. Makes sense I suppose as the United job is unlikely to last too much longer and he’s probably wise to think of his future. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
14 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I still think Maguire is a good defender btw. 

He really isn't. He only looks good when the opposition park the bus and he has time to bring the ball out, or he's up against fodder playing for England and he can bully some Chartered Accountant pulling on his Jersey for his side job in the national team. If he has to defend against a decent team his weak points are on show for all to see. He's clearly not shit either, just not very good when he is put under pressure. The rush to buy English defenders who are flavour of the month increased his perceived worth and the Mancs were daft enough to pay that money. I do get the feeling that Maguire believed his own hype though and instead of buckling down he thinks he's the main man.