You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

3 hours ago, A_S said:

That's also a point less than what 4th got in the same year Leicester won the title with 81 points. And they're still 4 points short of that!

Come again? Four points short of what? A point less than 4th got? 81 points? 65 points? Fourth place? Who are still 4 points short? Leicester? ManU?

Fuck me, Where's the haven of Woolster's Strive and strive simplicity? Woolster? Make this easy for me. WOOLSTER. 

Oh. Now. Erm. Hang on just a minute... 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rb14 said:

Come again? Four points short of what? A point less than 4th got? 81 points? 65 points? Fourth place? Who are still 4 points short? Leicester? ManU?

Fuck me, Where's the haven of Woolster's Strive and strive simplicity? Woolster? Make this easy for me. WOOLSTER. 

Oh. Now. Erm. Hang on just a minute... 

tl;dr they are still a way short of what would statistically be the worst-performed 4th placed finish in 15 years, ie they're still shite. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it’s just one game mate. They’re all judging him off one game. There’s definitely not a thread full of that shit. 

What do you want from me here? Aubameyang is having a poor spell at the moment, I’m not going to start calling him a fraud.

Nice rendition of "Feed the scousers" from the away support today. World & European Champions, forever in their hearts and minds as they scuttle towards a 55 point league season.

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

What do you want from me here? 

Nothing. You were so quick to pay yourself on the back about how right you were based on a big money move, but really it was an utterly ridiculous fee for Avery limited footballer who wouldn’t have suited us at all because he is slow as fuck, turns like shit, and is generally not that good. 

No idea what you’re banging on about with Aubamayang though. 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nothing. You were so quick to pay yourself on the back about how right you were based on a big money move, but really it was an utterly ridiculous fee for Avery limited footballer who wouldn’t have suited us at all because he is slow as fuck, turns like shit, and is generally not that good. 

Was I? I’ve always said he wouldn’t have been worth the money at that price. I stopped ‘championing’ his signing ever since the World Cup because I knew he wouldn’t have been worth the money. He’s good solid defender, probably cost United £30m more than he’s actual worth. He’s been one of their better players this season IMO. He’s captained the side a number of times. Like everyone else here I’ve made some good calls as well as bad calls. Got Virgil right... got Götze wrong for example.

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Was I? I’ve always said he wouldn’t have been worth the money at that price. I stopped ‘championing’ his signing ever since the World Cup because I knew he wouldn’t have been worth the money. He’s good solid defender, probably cost United £30m more than he’s actual worth. He’s been one of their better players this season IMO.

He's worth £50m? I've seen a couple of fry-ups that are worth more than him. And by being served on plates, there's a much higher chance they will deliver clean sheets.

18 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, very much so. 

I don’t remember that being the case at all. I never thought he’d be worth the money at that price. I’d have been happy for Klopp to sign him for maybe half that because he’s a good defender. If you want to ‘shame’ me for bad transfer calls I’ve made in the past, maybe go with Robbie Brady, Joe Allen, Jeff Hendrick (yikes). You’ve made some bad transfer calls yourself I’m sure.