You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

35 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is considering delaying his Old Trafford departure to help find Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's successor. The 50-year-old is due to leave his role at the club at the end of this year.

It really is the least he can do for us at this point.

What’s mad about that is that we are at the end of November and that implies they haven’t got a replacement for him lined up.

17 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

What’s mad about that is that we are at the end of November and that implies they haven’t got a replacement for him lined up.

I don't think the plan was to sack him so soon, he's forced their hand by being spectacularly shit in his final few games in charge.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

I don't think the plan was to sack him so soon, he's forced their hand by being spectacularly shit in his final few games in charge.

Yep. Id say they thought after the international break a good win against Watford get back in contention for top 4 and the current expectations of the board will be met.

Once they got thumped again it was panic stations. If they were being run properly first he wouldn't have got the job permanently and second he should have been sacked over the international break. 

They are as badly run off the pitch as they are on it.

Long may it continue.

Jurgen Klopp insisted he had nothing to say about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sacking at Manchester United ahead of Liverpool’s game with Porto.

While some managers speak openly about the departures of their Premier League colleagues, the focus of the Reds boss was squarely on Anfield ahead of their latest Champions League clash.

When asked if he had any opinions on United’s decision, Klopp stated: "I'm not prepared for that question, I haven't thought about Man United for a second. Sorry."

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Jurgen Klopp insisted he had nothing to say about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s sacking at Manchester United ahead of Liverpool’s game with Porto.

While some managers speak openly about the departures of their Premier League colleagues, the focus of the Reds boss was squarely on Anfield ahead of their latest Champions League clash.

When asked if he had any opinions on United’s decision, Klopp stated: "I'm not prepared for that question, I haven't thought about Man United for a second. Sorry."

Boom!

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Agree but I was referring to Woodward delaying his departure. Which means they haven’t got a replacement for him even though he was supposed to leave at the end of the year,

23 hours ago, JagSquared said:

the talk is they have informally offered it to someone internally called richard arnold. but if ewar woowar wants to stay on and the glazers agree, it would suggest there is not a great deal of faith in this guy. and it's been months since is was first mooted that he would have the job, but as far as i know (and having quickly checked with that knowlegable chap google), it was never announced. it reminds me a bit of when Ian Ayre was our Managing Director (having inherited that when Purslow left) and we went on about a year long search for a CEO before giving up and giving it to Ayre. 

On 23/11/2021 at 16:19, Dave D said:

Brilliant, what a put down!

There was a manc on 5 live and he was saying they are essentially still living in the Ferguson with the likes of gary Neville being one of the worst culprits.

I'd say also they have no structure whatsoever and in true man utd fashion they simply throw money at the problem and go for every player city are after

They have spent an eye watering amount over the last 3 years or so and they are ,in league position,worse off ,than what they where when the goblin took over.

I'm genuinely gutted he has gone.

On 24/11/2021 at 03:19, Dave D said:

MaFMnma.gif

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Arniepie said:

There was a manc on 5 live and he was saying they are essentially still living in the Ferguson with the likes of gary Neville being one of the worst culprits.

I'd say also they have no structure whatsoever and in true man utd fashion they simply throw money at the problem and go for every player city are after

They have spent an eye watering amount over the last 3 years or so and they are ,in league position,worse off ,than what they where when the goblin took over.

I'm genuinely gutted he has gone.

Yet they still rake in huge amounts of cash, it insane. We are as successful as them domestically more so on the European stage but they're still like a behemoth commercially. I want them to be shit long enough they no longer stand out.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yet they still rake in huge amounts of cash, it insane. We are as successful as them domestically more so on the European stage but they're still like a behemoth commercially. I want them to be shit long enough they no longer stand out.

To be fair, we where rather shit for the guts of 30 years, but it didn't stop us being supported 

On 25/11/2021 at 10:50, joe_fishfish said:

We did win the Champions League in the middle of those 30 years to be fair to us like.

Don't see the mancs doing the same, somehow.

Twice technically. We won everything between our title wins. What did united do in their 26 year league title hiatus. The timing of the Premier league and their success. Arseholes. Can't fault fsg for putting our name about, movies with LFC scarves or on a TV in the background shit there's just been a huge cocaine bust with liverpool logos over the merchandise. We just need to get on a par with them. Their fucking city only prospered through the veins from the heart of Liverpool, industrially culturally shadowing the real north west elite.