You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

He would certainly be an upgrade on the boy wonder but then so would coco the clown. 

By all accounts they are looking for the next Ferguson and someone high up at the club thought that person would be soljaskaar.

They should really have done 1 of those fly on the walls documentaries. 

On 27/10/2021 at 21:36, Code said:

So you think Bruce would win the league then? Solskjær finished second last season. 

Bruce has never had money to work with. He's a mediocre manager but got the better of bigger and better teams. I actually thought the Geordies treated him like shit. He deserved better and seems a decent bloke from what I can see.

Ole has been given serious cash. He got to buy world class players. He was blessed with serious talents coming through there like Greenwood and Rashford is still a young player. He's a clown - yeah he came second last year but that's because we were decimated by injuries and Chelsea had Frank Lampard for half a year. He got there because his top class players delivered for him in empty stadiums. None of that is down to him imo.

I wouldn't be shocked if they beat either Chelsea or City under him in November, if he doesn't lose his job, but that will be down to people like Cavani or others pulling it out of the bag rather than any tactical ingenuity from that gobshite. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Bruce has never had money to work with. He's a mediocre manager but got the better of bigger and better teams. I actually thought the Geordies treated him like shit. He deserved better and seems a decent bloke from what I can see.

It was being Sunderland manager and he was seen as kissing Mike Ashley's arse too much for the Newcastle fans to get on board. Plus he was a massive downgrade on Benitez. 

On 27/10/2021 at 06:59, Pete said:

It's not just Liverpool fans though. Leeds fans were chanting 'Ole's at the wheel' last night at Arsenal. When two of your bitterest rivals fans want the manager to stay, surely that tells the board it's time to change? 

Micah Richards (who, you may have noticed, is not entirely impartial when it comes to Man City) dismembered their deeply shambolic performance on MOTD2 on Sunday, but pivoted to very quickly get behind the idea of giving Ole more time.

I see what you did there, Richards.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Micah Richards (who, you may have noticed, is not entirely impartial when it comes to Man City) dismembered their deeply shambolic performance on MOTD2 on Sunday, but pivoted to very quickly get behind the idea of giving Ole more time.

I see what you did there, Richards.

That's probably his best performance ever then 

On 28/10/2021 at 22:51, littletedwest said:

Can we keep this to our favourite Manchester United manager? I come to this thread to be cheered up and the thought of Jurgen leaving doesn't do that 

Talk of jurgen leaving and talking down about a local legend. Fucking shite

On 22/12/2018 at 18:32, 3 Stacks said:

Any decent manager will get something out of players like Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Mata and Lingard. At the very least, you can play good football with those players. 

This is probably still true. Fortunately, the theory doesn't look like it's going to be tested any time soon.

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Summary was - 

He got Bari & Sienna promoted - neither have been in Serie A since he left them.

He won Juventus their first Scudetto since the referee scandal.

Got a consistent tune from Pogba.

Took the worst Italy side in a generation within a penalty shootout of the Euro Semi’s. They beat Belgium and Spain in the tournament and only lost that shoot-out to then World Champions Germany.

Ex-players in Chillini and Bonnuci love him.

Won the title at Chelsea. Didn’t spend nearly as much as his rivals.

Won the FA Cup at Chelsea.

Won the title at Inter, breaking Juventus winning god knows how many on the bounce.

Didn’t spend that much at Inter. Was largely achieved with manc cast offs in Young, Sanchez & Dalot.

Improved Lukaku massively.

The only blot is his record in Europe.

I know he’s high maintenance, but I, unfortunately, think he’d do well.

In his first season at Inter he was one point away from winning the Scudetto as well. He's a brilliant manager, and he's succeeded with all of the teams he's managed. Rodgers on the other hand has won a one-team league when Rangers were making their way back to the Scottish top flight. He's won an FA cup with Leicester I suppose, but he's perenially blown top four and is notoriously awful in Europe. If rumours are to be believed it'll cost them £18m to buy Rodgers out of his contract, which is, well, lovely!

32 minutes ago, Boss said:

In his first season at Inter he was one point away from winning the Scudetto as well. He's a brilliant manager, and he's succeeded with all of the teams he's managed. Rodgers on the other hand has won a one-team league when Rangers were making their way back to the Scottish top flight. He's won an FA cup with Leicester I suppose, but he's perenially blown top four and is notoriously awful in Europe. If rumours are to be believed it'll cost them £18m to buy Rodgers out of his contract, which is, well, lovely!

Would be pretty funny to have Benitez at Everton and Rodgers at Man U (although I don’t reckon they’d ever appoint him).

Just needs Hodgson to come out of retirement to be a safe pair of hands at Man City.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Ole < Rodgers < Conte

Hopefully neither of them get the job. You can't just go sacking managers after a bad spell. It's not the United way. Ole has proven time and time again that it's possible for them to win the odd game, and that's good enough for me.

Needs at least until the end of next season. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Code said:

Irony?

Id laugh my tits off, a serial loser like Rodgers would be too perfect to be true. 

I don’t like seeing ex reds go to clubs who hate us from within just doesn’t sit right.

Plus someone will eventually benefit from all the experience he’s gained the last 10 years I just hope it’s not them horrible bastards but with all the money and power they have in the market would make it more likely.

Southgate would have to be the dream, hopefully they write this season off and just Keep Ole at the wheel till the summer. 

Then the tactical goliath that is Southgate can take over and we are given another 3 years of entertainment.

This would be as funny as give it Giggsy, and hopefully after 2 years of GS all the assault stuff has gone away and they can give it Giggsy when Southgate goes tits up.