You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I don’t think they’ll risk Ollie staying at the wheel for the City game. They get another battering in that one and the irritation levels among their support will be wonderful.

A bad result/performance at Spurs will make it an easy decision, particularly if Conte is available and willing.

Even if they win, I still think they might make a change before Pep comes to their joint. 

This. I think he gets Spurs and possibly Atalanta. He's gone after either of those games. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I don’t think they’ll risk Ollie staying at the wheel for the City game. They get another battering in that one and the irritation levels among their support will be wonderful.

A bad result/performance at Spurs will make it an easy decision, particularly if Conte is available and willing.

Even if they win, I still think they might make a change before Pep comes to their joint. 

Yeah I think he's going within the next couple of weeks. Here's hoping they stuff Spurs 7-0.

• Upvote 2

No manager is coming in for the City game, they're not going to want a mauling going on their record at the start so I think, if there is any substance to the rumours  of them getting rid then Ole's still at the wheel for at least until that game is done.

Hopefully they keep him but looking like the fairytale is coming to an end. Such a shame.

Remember though, Utd don't sack their managers*

*Unless they get hammered by the mighty reds.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I expected OGS to play negatively against us and it would seem Ronaldo pushed him into whatever the fuck they did on Sunday. They won't make the same mistake against city and OGS has a pretty good record when sitting deep and countering against city. It wouldn't surprise me to see them take points in that game. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I expected OGS to play negatively against us and it would seem Ronaldo pushed him into whatever the fuck they did on Sunday. They won't make the same mistake against city and OGS has a pretty good record when sitting deep and countering against city. It wouldn't surprise me to see them take points in that game. 

Yeah, best result is they get something from both league games coming up, a win at Spurs and a draw against City and another win in the CL and I can see them sticking to end of season.

Conte would likely do something slightly mad to prove a point to the rest of the squad, like make Jesse Lingard or McTominay or someone first name on the team sheet because they actually run flat out for 90 minutes. Or stick Fernandes in a front three with Ronaldo and Rashford, never rotate them, fuck Greenwood and Sancho off entirely and then claim he doesn't have the players to play attacking football.

He'd also want to sign older, established players he's worked with before, with no thought about resale value or longevity. Might even see a return to Old Trafford for Ashley Young. How funny would that be?

He might get a functional eleven out of that squad for a time - I think plenty of managers could do that actually - but he's always been shite in Europe and they'd still be miles behind us, City and Chelsea. There's no way the denizens of Old Trafford are putting up with Conte's football unless they're winning trophies, and I don't think they would.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

International break would make the most sense to jettison the gimp. Get the City game gone, and you've got a period of relative quiet to sort things.

I was thinking half time on Sunday would be ideal time to get rid of him, but yeah, I can see you being right.

I'd love to see the next guy fail too, but let's face it, no matter who they sign, it'll be a step up from Ole.

We can only hope at this point that they aren't a world class manager who's in it for the long term. We're miles ahead of them but they have seemingly unlimited resources so they wouldn't need someone as good as Klopp to compete.

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

International break would make the most sense to jettison the gimp. Get the City game gone, and you've got a period of relative quiet to sort things.

There's a football God up there somewhere with a bizarre sense of humour. He'll twist things so that ManU comes away with a win and a draw in their two next matches, Spurs and Citeh. Then what?

6 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

There's a football God up there somewhere with a bizarre sense of humour. He'll twist things so that ManU comes away with a win and a draw in their two next matches, Spurs and Citeh. Then what?

I think he's gone now, and the question is when. Bit like if Rodgers had won the derby. Dead man walking.

I'll be pissed off if he's sacked and it's not before Spurs. I want our name on his tombstone. If he's sacked after Spurs or City that last half hour on Sunday will have been wasted, may as well as notched another 2 or 3.

I referee school boy football and I often come across sides playing short goalkicks to a lad inside his own box, usually they play it back across the box and the other CB hoofs it as soon as an attacker approaches. Utd reminded me of that on Sunday, a side playing from the back because everyone else does but they don't have a clue why they are doing it or what they expect to happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1