You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

I hope they win impressively in midweek and put in a fine performance in losing to us on Sunday. Perhaps they can actually be the better team in defeat, which would be a nice reversal of the situation we regularly found ourselves in at their place. 

That combination of events represents the best chance of Ole remaining in situ; if they start to look like a team on course for a group stage exit and to finish outside the top four, he’ll be in big trouble.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I think he's 2nd longest stadium announcer in England, Not sure if the guy at Brighton or somewhere else is longer by a month or so.

It's great hearing George's dulcet tones drift around Anfield and thankfully, they seem to have jibbed off that awful Peter McDowell being given the mic for the 30 minutes before kick off.

Had the pleasure of speaking to George once after a work colleague said he knew him and phoned him up! Could have talked Liverpool with him for ages but had to keep it short due to being at work!

Brentford's announcer has been at it since 1969 I believe. George started in 71 on Keegan's debut. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Brentford's announcer has been at it since 1969 I believe. George started in 71 on Keegan's debut. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2020/jan/08/stadium-announcers-soundtrack-english-football-liverpool-brentford

By chance Sephton came across Gilham when he went on a tour of BBC Television Centre in 2006 to see Football Focus being recorded. There was a piece on an 100-year old Brentford supporter and the voiceover was provided by a man the BBC described as “the longest serving club announcer” in the game. “I thought it was a wind-up, but I found out that Peter had been doing it a year longer than me and we have kept in touch ever since.”

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I reckon they could entice Phil Neville from Miami.

Although to be honest, Miami would likely pay his flight to England to get rid of the gormless prick. 

How long has he been at Miami? I thought he was the England women’s manager.

8 hours ago, JagSquared said:

They should have and by all accounts he was keen too. 

Zidane would be interesting, would he be as effective in the PL with a club he has no connection to? The expectations would also be insanely high. It would be riskier than conte but I’d prefer they give it to Steve Bruce tbh.

I think they will go for a big bane

The ex player option has been a disaster.

8 hours ago, KMD7 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/ferguson-screwed-solskjaer-manchester-united-maguire-salah-liverpool-newcastle-mailbox. The hordes are turning him now.

Funny as fuck this in reference to slab'ead 

Screenshot_20211017-135644_Samsung Internet.jpg

I mean it’s a lovely thought that slabhead sits there frantically self searching his name and then angrily deletes all the negative ninnies but in reality that’ll be whoever handles his social media. For starters there’s no way he knows how to use a computer.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Steve Bruce will be available next week…

B0C67DD9-5D51-43B9-B5BF-8C2EF6179E37.png

Honestly if the Geordies had the pick of the other 19 premier league managers to replace Bruce, Ole could genuinely come last in a fans vote. How is he still the Manchester United manager? 

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

How long has he been at Miami? I thought he was the England women’s manager.

I'm sure he apologised for a poor performance in a tournament which they were amongst the favourites? His contract wasn't renewed on the back of it.

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Hello, hello, here we go! As someone once said. United on alert and expecting a fan protest when we visit. They should be docked 3 points and us awarded the game if they try any nonesense next week.

Agreed. a 3-0 win without kicking a ball. 3 points and an unimaginable amount of piss boiling from everyone else in the league. Ole is safe as it wasn't his mismanagement.    

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

As much as I'd hate it as it was happening. 

Wouldn't be hilarious to get battered by them for the whole game, only to spawn a late goal from a set piece, just to keep their hopes alive of a revival under the Norwegian smeigel 

Basically a reverse of the majority of Anfield fixtures they won under Fergie then? 

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Hello, hello, here we go! As someone once said. United on alert and expecting a fan protest when we visit. They should be docked 3 points and us awarded the game if they try any nonesense next week.

Nothing would happen, it didn't last time did it? It's them.