You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

If he’s gonna get sacked it’s better mid season and as close to the January transfer window as possible (or during even better).

For one they have just spent a load in the summer on players that might not fit the new guys style. 2 there’s typically a smaller pool of available managers, 3 a new manager will be coming in and be expected to turn it around quickly and may well lead to them panic buying in Jan as the fans will be demanding it. 4 it doesn’t give the new guy time to plan over a summer, acquire the targets and train the team without games coming thick and fast. 

they may well get a caretaker in but who can they give it to? Giggs would be suicidal with his court case on the go. Phelan or someone but that’s a big risk too.

9 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

They may well get a caretaker in but who can they give it to? Giggs would be suicidal with his court case on the go. Phelan or someone but that’s a big risk too.

Got to think, there is nobody jumping off the page to give it to.

I’d say only Conte and Zidane are the only  available coaches with there calibre of the mancs. 

They should have sacked Solakjaer as soon as Pochettino became available. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Got to think, there is nobody jumping off the page to give it to.

I’d say only Conte and Zidane are the only  available coaches with there calibre of the mancs. 

They should have sacked Solakjaer as soon as Pochettino became available. 

They should have and by all accounts he was keen too. 

Zidane would be interesting, would he be as effective in the PL with a club he has no connection to? The expectations would also be insanely high. It would be riskier than conte but I’d prefer they give it to Steve Bruce tbh.

16 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I was just reminiscing today about that lovely December evening when we saw Shitcoat off and George Sephton played "Wonderful Christmas Time" at the end.

I fucking love George. Remember him coming to our school and regaling us with stories of travelling around Europe with the club. Spoke about Heysel and Hillsborough emotionally and clearly. He was witty with everything else and everyone was hanging on his every word. Mad seeing him in person when you’d only heard his voice.

Best stadium announcer going our George. Love his dulcet tones

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Belarus said:

I fucking love George. Remember him coming to our school and regaling us with stories of travelling around Europe with the club. Spoke about Heysel and Hillsborough brilliantly. He was witty and everyone was hanging on his every word. Mad seeing him in person when you’d only heard his voice.

Best stadium announcer going out George. Love his dulcet tones

I think he's 2nd longest stadium announcer in England, Not sure if the guy at Brighton or somewhere else is longer by a month or so.

It's great hearing George's dulcet tones drift around Anfield and thankfully, they seem to have jibbed off that awful Peter McDowell being given the mic for the 30 minutes before kick off.

Had the pleasure of speaking to George once after a work colleague said he knew him and phoned him up! Could have talked Liverpool with him for ages but had to keep it short due to being at work!

15 hours ago, an tha said:

Gonna hold off on the laughing at the mancs/that greasy preening shithouse/the goblin until after next weekend.

Hopefully though will be able to then do so loid and long.

Every time we gear up to face these and there is talk of how much we are going to beat them by, or get the manager sacked, or whatever positivity, we don’t turn up and get ground down to a shite draw or even a tight loss.

I believe in the team, but do not share the confidence and bravado. And even if I did, I wouldn’t say it!

• Upvote 1

I think Bruce would have done a very good job there after Ferguson, Gollum, or van Gaal left, and maybe even after Shitcoat.  But not any more, too many egos and big name big fee players in the squad with no chance to strip it bare and start again.

12 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think he's 2nd longest stadium announcer in England, Not sure if the guy at Brighton or somewhere else is longer by a month or so.

It's great hearing George's dulcet tones drift around Anfield and thankfully, they seem to have jibbed off that awful Peter McDowell being given the mic for the 30 minutes before kick off.

Had the pleasure of speaking to George once after a work colleague said he knew him and phoned him up! Could have talked Liverpool with him for ages but had to keep it short due to being at work!

Fair play - I’d have frozen and ended up having a 45 second conversation I reckon!

• Upvote 1

All jokes aside, and there are plenty,i would've preferred them not to have lost yesterday to be honest. The media will be in full swing debating them over the next week upto our game and that level of criticism will surely galvanise their players at least,to put a shift in, even if that means not listening to ole and doing their own thing on the pitch. If they get a bad result against atalanta midweek, it'll be backs to the wall for them on Sunday,the fans won't complain if he goes defensive and we've found it difficult playing against them recently when they just sit in and hit up on the break.

Twelvety nil to the mighty boys from anfield

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought pogba's interview was interesting after the game on motd. While he's clearly been part of the problem, I thought his reaction was one of he knows they have good players but they're not a team. The bad thing for us is they may use this result to galvanise themselves before next weekend. 

I think everyone can see that. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

If they lose to Atalanta on Wednesday, their mongrel supporters might try and get the match postponed again until after they get a new manager. 

Neville will be all for it and blame the ESL. Green and gold will be out if force.

Maybe not quite that far (i appreciate you are taking piss mind) but can deffo see the nowich scarves coming out again and the noise starting up from the rats.