You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think the issue is the 12.30 is BT. I think now they only get one pick per weekend and 12.30 is their default slot. So sky pick us as the 1st pick, then BT get 2nd pick (I think some weekends of the year that 12.30 is first pick). It's shit if that rule only applies if you're away. Is a 7.30-8pm kick off not better for BT than 12.30? I'm sure for this particular fixture it would suit the fans too. 

I think the 12.30 k.o is factored in to the huge TV deal the Premier League signs with broadcasters in the Far East. It suits fans watching adverts in Malaysia better for example and that’s prioritised over supporters getting to the other side of the country on a Saturday morning. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Anubis said:

This guy. This is my kind of guy.

Barthez

Not great but decent point in the end. Ole will get the right formula so no need to panic just yet.

Well the spending hundreds of millions on players formula doesn't seem to be working.

18 minutes ago, Elite said:

Well the spending hundreds of millions on players formula doesn't seem to be working.

My fear now is that if they do fire him their recruitment hasn’t been bad . Any half decent manager would have them right up there playing decent stuff. Ole has exceeded my expectations in terms of stick ability however the arsehole is going to get himself sacked and I would even be concerned with Potter with that squad. 

2 hours ago, clockspeed said:

My fear now is that if they do fire him their recruitment hasn’t been bad . Any half decent manager would have them right up there playing decent stuff. Ole has exceeded my expectations in terms of stick ability however the arsehole is going to get himself sacked and I would even be concerned with Potter with that squad. 

Hopefully they don't make their move until after they've run Sancho out of town.

I see they've already started the narrative of how rubbish he is (because it couldn't possibly be Ole/the club deciding to shoehorn Ronaldo in after they'd already finished their recruiting for the year). Fingers crossed he'll end up like Lukaku and they'll sell him overseas before he explodes into one of the best players in the world.

2 hours ago, clockspeed said:

The recruitment is better but mostly because they're spending even more and so they're giving themselves more chances to succeed. They aren't smarter, they're just bloating their squad with players.

5 hours ago, clockspeed said:

People were saying the same when Moysie was their manager, ‘this won’t last long, enjoy it while you can’ etc etc. Well nearly a decade later, and here we are.

Its very sad, but it seems the problems are at a systemic level and much harder to solve.

7 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

David Moyes after being knocked out of the fa Cup on penalties to Swansea  " Well that proves what a lottery penalties are, I actually thought we took most of our penalties well, shame a few more weren't on target "

On losing 1-0 at home to bottom club Fulham, "that's what United are are all about, what the fans want to see, we broke the record for getting crosses into the box"

I still miss Davey, but Ole's starting to fill the void.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2