You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well, he's pretty young. I think his numbers merit some benefit of the doubt but when you watch him play it's obvious he could do with some maturing and more ability to impose himself. 

His numbers are certainly good. But like someone else posted, I've not watched a lot of him, but what I have he's been pretty unimpressive and that's included in the flesh in an England game against some ordinary opposition. You're clearly a fan - and I'm not knocking that, you've probably watched loads more of him than I have, I just found the attributes you mention he was lacking didn't sound like a great player. Perhaps with your last post it might be a difference in how we assign that "great" tag. It feels more to me you think he's a great prospect in my view of the world.  

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

His numbers are certainly good. But like someone else posted, I've not watched a lot of him, but what I have he's been pretty unimpressive and that's included in the flesh in an England game against some ordinary opposition. You're clearly a fan - and I'm not knocking that, you've probably watched loads more of him than I have, I just found the attributes you mention he was lacking didn't sound like a great player. Perhaps with your last post it might be a difference in how we assign that "great" tag. It feels more to me you think he's a great prospect in my view of the world.  

I mean, "great" is a generic term. He's a talented player with a lot of goals and assists at a young age. You can use whatever positive adjective you want.

I think objectively he's hard to dislike as a player. He has a great touch, plays with a lot of finesse and creativity. But as I said, he clearly could do with being more dominant, more imposing. 

29 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, "great" is a generic term. He's a talented player with a lot of goals and assists at a young age. You can use whatever positive adjective you want.

I think objectively he's hard to dislike as a player. He has a great touch, plays with a lot of finesse and creativity. But as I said, he clearly could do with being more dominant, more imposing. 

Ok, so it's a football terminology thing. For me "great" when used with a player in that context is someone who's at the top of the game and pretty much unsurpassable. Salah is great as an example in my view. Not many other players are. 

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ok, so it's a football terminology thing. For me "great" when used with a player in that context is someone who's at the top of the game and pretty much unsurpassable. Salah is great as an example in my view. Not many other players are. 

So you're saying 'Salah Akhbar'? Good man.

• Upvote 1

Man utd fans are the biggest pricks going. De Gea has had a couple of ok games and they are talking him up again as being the best keeper in the Premier League. Even though he's been shite for about 5 years and there are 3 or 4 keepers in the league who are better than him.

They were played like a fiddle by the Glazers who had them queuing up for miles to spunk £100 quid on a Ronaldo shirt a few weeks after they invaded their own ground and started smashing it up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I see the whining twat is moaning again, he's not happy they are the first game up tomorrow while us and city get an extra days rest .

He has a point. I thought the PL had said anyone who plays Weds in Europe wouldn't be expected to pay at 12.30 on a Saturday and that match would be moved to Saturday evening. In true echo style, the words you need in this article are in the very last paragraph. 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-ruke-klopp-liverpool-21399419.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16331115048201&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fpremier-league-ruke-klopp-liverpool-21399419

So have the police stopped this match being an evening kick off? With two sides who's only aim is the continuance of the Corinthian spirit within english football. 

On 30/09/2021 at 18:18, 3 Stacks said:

I think Sancho's a great player, but where you see he's lacking is aggression and mentality. Can't impose his talent consistently and his will on games yet. The numbers in Germany are sometimes a mirage too but with his technical ability there's no reason he can't be good everywhere. But of course, if he's gone to a club where he could fail, it's Man United.

Sancho is nowhere near "a great player"

Generic definition or any definition 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He has a point. I thought the PL had said anyone who plays Weds in Europe wouldn't be expected to pay at 12.30 on a Saturday and that match would be moved to Saturday evening. In true echo style, the words you need in this article are in the very last paragraph. 

https://www-liverpoolecho-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-ruke-klopp-liverpool-21399419.amp?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16331115048201&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Ffootball-news%2Fpremier-league-ruke-klopp-liverpool-21399419

So have the police stopped this match being an evening kick off? With two sides who's only aim is the continuance of the Corinthian spirit within english football. 

I read before that this only applies if the team played away in Europe, if they played at home you’ve just got to get on with it. 

I can’t stand The Shire dwelling twat, but he’s got a point on this. Sky could have picked our match against City in the Saturday teatime slot and the Mancs could have played on Sunday. Klopp will be having the same moan later in the season, I guarantee.

10 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I read before that this only applies if the team played away in Europe, if they played at home you’ve just got to get on with it. 

I can’t stand The Shire dwelling twat, but he’s got a point on this. Sky could have picked our match against City in the Saturday teatime slot and the Mancs could have played on Sunday. Klopp will be having the same moan later in the season, I guarantee.

He wasnt complaining after they played Young Boys on the Tuesday and then played West Ham on the Sunday. We played Milan on the Wednesday and Palace on the Saturday, they also have one of the biggest squads in the prem. He can fuck off

2 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

He wasnt complaining after they played Young Boys on the Tuesday and then played West Ham on the Sunday. We played Milan on the Wednesday and Palace on the Saturday, they also have one of the biggest squads in the prem. He can fuck off

You're sort of pissing on Klopps argument there.

11 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think the issue is the 12.30 is BT. I think now they only get one pick per weekend and 12.30 is their default slot. So sky pick us as the 1st pick, then BT get 2nd pick (I think some weekends of the year that 12.30 is first pick). It's shit if that rule only applies if you're away. Is a 7.30-8pm kick off not better for BT than 12.30? I'm sure for this particular fixture it would suit the fans too.