You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

I didn't see but the radio commentary where saying Martinez was telling Ronaldo he should be taking it. That's fucking brilliant.

Yeah that was funny, proper shithousery from the goalie, did it put more pressure on rabbit, who knows, maybe it did. His little dance to the fans afterwards was also funny.

Decent keeper, no idea why Arsenal sold him to keep Leno and then buy Ramsdale 

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

What's all this shite ? I thought it was Kier Starmer's conference speech at first 

Its one for the shitness of modern football thread.

Its becoming normalised that players feel the need to go onto social media to explain a missed penalty or bad performance.

Seems to happen more with the International football. 

Something very weird happened tonight. 

I watched the first 10 mins and all of the second half of a United game, where they got absolutely battered by a fairly average team, and yet even though they won, with a spawny goal in the 5th minute of injury time scored by a fella I’ve detested almost as much and for almost as long as i detest the club as a whole… I enjoyed it.

While Ole is in charge of them, they are absolutely no threat to us whatsoever. They have as much chance of winning the CL this season as Everton.

they were absolute garbage and got passed off the field by a side full of players that didn’t make it in the premier league, including the lovable but brain dead Bert Moron, and made Etienne Capoue look like Lothar Matheus in his prime.

And to cap it off, they finished the game, chasing a first home win in 3, after losing their opening CL game to Young Boys, with 3 holding midfielders on the pitch, including Matic who effectively retired 3 years ago, and Fred who is worse than half my mates.

Ronaldo and Sanchez were shite, They’re a club with Bruno Fernandez as captain, and they’re celebrating a prison break of a result like it was the PSG game that first put Ole behind the wheel.

I will never be happy to see these cunts win a trophy, but for the first time in my life, seeing them win a game made me smile.

Fuck these. They’re absolute shite.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 10

2 hours ago, aws said:

I think I'll feel happier when their shitness is reflected in a consistent run of bad results. 

They lost two on the bounce before this, and if Villarreal had any capable strikers it would’ve been 3 now. I reckon that’s as much of a consistent run of bad results as you’re likely to get out of them.

comparative with where we are currently, and where they used to be for so long, I’ll take it.

3 hours ago, aws said:

I think I'll feel happier when their shitness is reflected in a consistent run of bad results. 

Surely we don't want a consistent run of bad results! 3 wins out of 5 to keep the wolves from the door. 10 points out of every 15 would do nicely. Keeps them near the top but nowhere fucking near the top at the same time.

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s perfect!

The only thing about that match that is a reminder of their past glories is tye last minute spawn. But even through my teenage bitterness I can remember that more often than not they deserved those results, and knocked and knocked at the door until it finally caved in.

yesterday, you put a competent striker in that Villarreal team they win by 3. 

United we’re absolute garbage for 50 of the 60 minutes I saw, and from the sound of the commentators as the second half started, they were garbage for all of the 35 minutes I missed.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

That’s perfect!

The only thing about that match that is a reminder of their past glories is tye last minute spawn. But even through my teenage bitterness I can remember that more often than not they deserved those results, and knocked and knocked at the door until it finally caved in.

yesterday, you put a competent striker in that Villarreal team they win by 3. 

United we’re absolute garbage for 50 of the 60 minutes I saw, and from the sound of the commentators as the second half started, they were garbage for all of the 35 minutes I missed.

They’re back!!! I can stomach results like last night (just about) if it keeps that cunt in place for a good few years. 
As an aside how many times now has the rapist cunt got them out of jail (ironic huh?) since he returned??

43 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Its good to see they are putting alot of miles on a near 37 year old so early in the season, the more it wears on the less effective he will become. Once he starts having to bench him for games is when the fireworks will start.

I dunno if you watched it, but I had a stream with Alan Smith and Martin Tyler and while they couldn’t quite bring themselves to say it, the wondered if it might be Ronaldo that would be subbed when Cavani was coming on, because Ronaldo had been a complete passenger in the game. They wondered aloud whether Ole would have the stones to do it. Seconds later, the sub was made.

not only did he not bring off Ronaldo (it was Sancho, who admittedly was also shite) but at the same time as switching Ronaldo out to the flank, he also (had to?) subbed they’re attacking full back to bring on Fred when they’re trying to win a game.

he’s clueless but he thinks he’s a Fergie. And he’s a coward.

obviously, I’d have laughed if they’d lost the game, but in the end, in gallant victory, my smile was natural and right, and today’s headlines - and like you say, a reliance on an old man in footballing terms - prove it.

• Upvote 1

"Body language" is a weird thing. When Ronaldo scored their winner it screamed:"I'm your man, I'm your saviour, I'm your God!" And they all bow to him, fan, gaffer, players (except maybe Fernandes), old whiskynose, everyone!

The basic facts are however:

Their God is one of the world's best footballers. Although not in his prime he can still deliver at the age of 37. But he is 37!

3 games into the season it looked like they had found some sort of balance to build on. The Greenwood-Fernandes-Pogba combo looked very promising. With a homecoming God in their team they'll need to reshuffle.

Please continue you weirdoes, and always remeber Ole is a legend who's never to be touched or criticized.

52 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This is the bind the match going Mancs I know are in, and I’m absolutely loving it. 

Like a battered woman receiving flowers and apologies (again) from her abusive bloke, they REALLY want to believe, even against their better judgement, that it'll come good soon. Just a little longer and it'll all change! Deep down they know better, but they refuse to admit it to themselves. 

• Upvote 3