You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

7 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

How are these still raking in so much money? They haven't been any good for ages. Sancho on £350k a week, Ronaldo on £500k a week. Fucking hell. 

They still manage to pull in over 70 million in merchandising revenue than us due to their Krusty the clown levels of endorsements. 

Jump to 2.00 mins to get the reference

https://youtu.be/Viz_cr8PCkk

20 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

How are these still raking in so much money? They haven't been any good for ages. Sancho on £350k a week, Ronaldo on £500k a week. Fucking hell. 

Because they had about 15 years head start on us until the club eventually grasped a nettle they'd kept at arms length too long.

Sancho's £350k a week and Ronaldo's £500K wont show up in their published interim accounts for some time.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Because they had about 15 years head start on us until the club eventually grasped a nettle they'd kept at arms length too long.

Sancho's £350k a week and Ronaldo's £500K wont show up in their published interim accounts for some time.

The cunts made a deal with the Devil before the Forest game.

37 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

This is interesting on the back of Ronaldo signing for the Mancs and Giggs being in their directors box today (I’m not kidding myself that our club would act much differently). 

Fucking spot on that. The whole game. 

33 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Seeing a lot of them saying Sancho done nothing again. I know it’s early days but I really hope he’s another cursed signing from the Bundesliga 

Let's hope so. I know I'm in a minority on this, but I've never seen the lad have a good game. I must be unlucky, as apparently he was ripping it up all the time for Dortmund, I saw a few of their games and some of his England outings. Let's hope he has as successful a return to England as ademola lookman. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Seeing a lot of them saying Sancho done nothing again. I know it’s early days but I really hope he’s another cursed signing from the Bundesliga 

Since Fergie left, United have had an absolute gift for taking brilliant players and turning them into donkeys.

I don't know what it is, it's actually amazing. They bought Lukaku in, prime age, and he was just sort of "meh" there for a couple of seasons before moving on and turning into the best player in Serie A. They bought Depay, who was the most can't-miss signing of the year, turned him into a donkey before throwing him at Lyon. Now at Barca, of course. They brought Pogba back from Juve, where he was a world-beater, to turn him into a player who half the time looks like he just can't be arsed. Di Maria as well, just never looked anything like the player he was when he went there.

This is the thing that they can never buy, the thing that we have somehow stumbled on with this Klopp/Edwards combination. You can't just buy the best players, you also have to have a plan for how to use them. We did the same under Rodgers - it's no use buying the Firminos and Luis Albertos (who after he got out from under Brendan's thumb was one of the best players in Serie A for years) if you don't use them properly.

Long may it continue. I desperately hope that Ole manages to piss away a few years of prime Sancho (who's a sensational player, by the way) the way that club did to Lukaku before they sell him to Bayern or something, where he'll win the Balon D'Or.