You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

6 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah I agree Docker. He was an incredible player, but is now more a very good player. Fortunately, as long as they have a manager that isn't elite and in truth is far from it, they won't win the top prizes.

The concerning thing would be them getting an elite manager because playing wise they aren't too far off. They have the fourth best starting line up, but a fine squad. Our starting line up is much better, though I do envy their depth. I feel in Jones, Elliott, Kelleher and Tsimikas we have four very talented lads who could let FSG off the hook in the next few years. Elliott looks like he could be a world beater. It may be that in a few months, I feel a lot more confident of our squad, but hard to see the likes of Ox and Keita contributing much.

I've said this before on here

Their 2nd XI is

Henderson 

Dalot Bailly Lindelof Telles

McTominay Matic

Greenwood VDBeek Martial 

Cavani

They have massive depth in their front 3 but none of their other 8 players would get in our match day squad of 20. 

9 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I've said this before on here

Their 2nd XI is

Henderson 

Dalot Bailly Lindelof Telles

McTominay Matic

Greenwood VDBeek Martial 

Cavani

They have massive depth in their front 3 but none of their other 8 players would get in our match day squad of 20. 

Their attacking depth is phenomenal. Cavani is still a wonderful player and Greenwood looks like a generational talent. 

Completely agree about the rest. I mean Jones, Kelleher and Tsimikas have shown glimpses of real talent. Konate is potentially top class. Gomez a really good player. Personally I think Elliott is going to start a lot of games this year. Outstanding player he could be. The problem is we have a few like Keita and Ox who contribute fuck all, when they should be guys we can turn to and feel asured they can do the business.

15 hours ago, aRdja said:

If I was Ole i’d just go wild… 

De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Pogba, Fred, Fernandes; Greenwood, Sancho, Ronaldo,

Ole Goes Wild!

Family comedy in which hapless, rookie Norwegian soccer coach Ole struggles to manage an abundance of brilliant attacking footballers - with hilarious results!

27 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Has Ronaldo signed on for these bastards again it's like there is a media blackout going on , it's hardly been mentioned on BBC 5 live Granada Reports or ITV in general 

I was just thinking about this earlier. I was in the car before for around 15 minutes and it was the main talking point for about 10 of them and was mentioned twice when the subject moved on. They also talk about his 1st spell was 6 amazing years of a player who had been in the Salford academy all his life. No mention that he actually was sporting player, started off quite poorly and then when he got good, couldn't wait to fuck off. And now he's back to top up his retirement fund. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was just thinking about this earlier. I was in the car before for around 15 minutes and it was the main talking point for about 10 of them and was mentioned twice when the subject moved on. They also talk about his 1st spell was 6 amazing years of a player who had been in the Salford academy all his life. No mention that he actually was sporting player, started off quite poorly and then when he got good, couldn't wait to fuck off. And now he's back to top up his retirement fund. 

The papers were full of back where it all started, when he signed.

He also had his peak years at real.

Remember we were looking at him aswell, when houllier was there but they blew us out the water.

Arguably the best player in the world at his peak but I just can see problems.

Imagine solhaskaar taking him off in a big game.

Surely with the worldwide exposure of Ronaldo returning today would have been the perfect opportunity to protest against the Glazers?

Seems more hype around this than a routine game where top 4 was already guaranteed and the opposition at that point had to go on a good run of victories to secure Champions League football. 

• Upvote 3