You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

5 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

You can put your house on the reason Ronaldo has done this is because Messi has been getting the big news headlines this summer with his move to PSG and the greasy rapey twat wouldn't be outdone. 

I look forward to Vigil putting him on his arse.

He'd been dropped by juve hadn't he and has thrown his toys out the pram? 

Looking forward to him and Fernandes arguing over who takes the penalties.

he improves them but this does have the potential to upset them, the wages are a real millstone as they’ve set the bar now so when the next contract offer goes out they are going to be bent over a barrel. 

It's been done purely because if he went to City it undermines Uniteds status. 

I've no idea what effect he will have but Ole is clueless so I don't think it will effect their tactics or team ethic its just another big player to win by hook or crook. No idea if he's anything near the quality player he used to be or what standard he is at, I'd think the premier league at 36 would be a bit quicker than the Italian league, the lad looks after himself though be interesting to see how he does.

21 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

he improves them but this does have the potential to upset them, the wages are a real millstone as they’ve set the bar now so when the next contract offer goes out they are going to be bent over a barrel. 

That's a good point. Free kicks too. 

27 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

My Manc mates have all said Bruno told him to rejoin and will have no issue losing penalty & free kick duties…

If I played Fantasy Football and owned Bruno Fernandes I'd be selling him sharpish, that's for sure. His goals are about to totally dry up, since they were pretty much all free kicks and penalties. But I'm sure Ronaldo will be demanding them so he can blast every free kick within 40 yards into Row Z.

Also, how is it possible that they have spent so much money and still have Fred and Scott McTominay as their best midfielders at doing any defending? It's almost like Ole is running an experiment to see if it matters if you have a midfield or not, as long as your defenders and forwards are good.

3 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

You can put your house on the reason Ronaldo has done this is because Messi has been getting the big news headlines this summer with his move to PSG and the greasy rapey twat wouldn't be outdone. 

I look forward to Vigil putting him on his arse.

The Manc cunt who delivers bits at our place reckons Ronaldo can run rings around Virg...

giphy (6).gif

7 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Hopefully Ronaldo for the free kicks. Think I read somewhere he scored 1 from 72 attempts at Juve. And similar stats the last years at Real.

Perfect. The other interesting thing for me,  is one of the things I think they've improved massively over the past 18 months is their pressing from the front. As we know only too well when we just get players in who aren't used to the system, the press is only as good as the weakest link. There is no way he will press anyone. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Perfect. The other interesting thing for me,  is one of the things I think they've improved massively over the past 18 months is their pressing from the front. As we know only too well when we just get players in who aren't used to the system, the press is only as good as the weakest link. There is no way he will press anyone. 

Agree, but I reckon their pressing has been very intense typically for the first 20-30 minutes. After that they seem to fade out somewhat, I reckon they’re still not able to make good decisions when to press and when not to.

And Ronaldo like you say probably wont do much pressing at all.

I reckon it’s gonna be a bit like it was with Ibrahimović, he’ll do ok but the team wont necessarily get much better.

• Upvote 1

My hot take - Sancho won't start well and Greenwood will start on the right for most games. 

Because of the amount of forward players they have *, Pogba will have to play in central midfield which makes them wide open. They will win a lot if games and should score a lot of goals but they will lose games to organised teams. 

Sancho Fernandes Rashford

Ronaldo

Greenwood VDBeek Martial

Cavani

Lingard Mata James

Diallo

Surely they'll have a lot of outgoings/loans over the next few days. 

Seen a bunch of people on twitter saying that maybe the "Ronaldo confessed to rape" thing isn't as well-known in England, and for me, it's hard to listen to anyone talk about him without remembering it. So, just for anyone who's confused, here is the answers HE GAVE HIMSELF to his own lawyers when they asked him about what happened with the woman who was accusing him:

E9zfk3OWQAEX10i?format=jpg&name=small

E9zfk3MWYAoM1CP?format=jpg&name=small

E9zfk3MWYAIBzyD?format=jpg&name=small

Neither he nor his lawyers said this was false when the newspaper (who accessed them via Wikileaks) who published it contacted them. They did threaten to sue, as they had paid off the woman to keep quiet, but they didn't dispute the facts or that this were actually his words.

• Upvote 1

It gives them an immediate morale boost that's for sure. Will be interesting to see the long term effect if he doesn't do as great as everyone thinks. Leaving him out of the team won't be easy. It could be a great signing but it could all go to shit. 

They could flat track their way to a domestic cup, finally giving Ole (and the club) that elusive trophy. He'd feel vindicated, whilst getting no closer to the league or CL, due to the same issues rearing their ugly heads repeatedly. 

Ronaldo's signing has all the hallmarks of just signing him to prevent him going to city which in turn would have sent united fan appoplectic.

He might have asked to sit out Juve's game but I dont think he'll look kindly to being a sub at united. The goblin's job just got harder. If he had any excuses for not winning the title this season, he hasnt now. Not that I think Ronaldo will mean they will but, what more does he need to do so? They cant buy these players and just say a challenge is enough.

• Upvote 1

Ronaldo would be a good impact sub, come on 20 minutes to go and give it all. Thing is, apart from the first few games he wouldn't accept that.

Actually, thinking about it, perhaps he would. Doesn't have to do the hard yards and pressing but can come on against tiring defenders and grab the glory. 

• Upvote 1