You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, rubble-rouser said:

They’ve got an excellent squad now and with decent management should be getting 85+ points. Thankfully they didn’t have decent management.

Have they an excellent squad though? 

Their first 11 is very good but in my opinion they are still weak at GK, RB and CM.

Their second choice 11 has 

Henderson 

Dalot Lindelof Bailly Telles

Matic Fred 

Greenwood VDBeek James

Martial

Greenwood (and Martial if he ever took his finger out of his hole) is the only one of them that improves our squad. 

Their squad depth is a pure Myth. 

I'm not going to get too excited about them drawing yesterday. This is a team who finished above us last season and have spent over £100m on new players who have yet to start for them.

I hope Rice Krispies head remains their Achilles heel but I'll keep my powder dry until the season has got going before shouting my mouth off about anything.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm not going to get too excited about them drawing yesterday. This is a team who finished above us last season and have spent over £100m on new players who have yet to start for them.

I hope Rice Krispies head remains their Achilles heel but I'll keep my powder dry until the season has got going before shouting my mouth off about anything.

giphy-downsized-large (2).gif

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That they finished a spot above us last season could not mean less. 

To you maybe.

Some of us hate these cunts and don't particularly like it when they finish above us (and knock us out the cup).

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

To you maybe.

Some of us hate these cunts and don't particularly like it when they finish above us (and knock us out the cup).

No I mean, people can dislike it happened, I get that. But it's no indication at all of where both clubs are that they finished 2nd and we finished 3rd. They're still the underachievers that don't win anything and can't find the level of consistency, whereas we've already won everything and just have to get back to our right level. 

It'll be back to 90+ points to win the title this year and there's still only two teams (Chelsea making it three at a push) capable of it. Assuming this is a 'normal' season, both in terms of crowds and injuries, United will be miles behind as they're shit and a right bunch of twats.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I certainly feel a bit more confident of the power of Ole at the Wheel having seen the last half hour of that Southampton game - a shower of twats, strolling around hoping that something might happen, instead of busting a lung to make it happen.

Their ‘VVD’ is a walking disaster which the darling media prefer to ignore. He’s slower than fckin erosion. Was on his knees for goal, managed to set up clearest chance which that Armstrong bizarrely kicked down the throat of keeper and his effort of a tackle when Adam’s was about to glide past him was hilarious.

Experience tells me to never write these cunts off, no matter who is "at the wheel" (what a shit saying). Their deal with the devil ensures they'll always get more than their share of questionable decisions & they now have quite a strong squad.

However whilst Ole remains in charge they may remain a threat to the top four but I can't see them winning the league. They remind me of us mid 90's very much. Look good at times but a 3-0 loss at home to some shite lower down the league is always on the table..

Long may Ole reign supreme. 

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I certainly feel a bit more confident of the power of Ole at the Wheel having seen the last half hour of that Southampton game - a shower of twats, strolling around hoping that something might happen, instead of busting a lung to make it happen.

They were proper bossing it and then went right off the boil the moment they brought Sancho on, who I'm guessing was supposed to push them over the top and win. It can happen to any manager I guess, but just how flat they went, in fact were lucky not to lose in the end - and he had no clue how to deal with it. They've got loads of good players who some weeks can win a game on their own. But sometimes the manager is the edge and I'm not sure they've got that no matter how many good players they've got. 

7 hours ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Their ‘VVD’ is a walking disaster which the darling media prefer to ignore. He’s slower than fckin erosion. Was on his knees for goal, managed to set up clearest chance which that Armstrong bizarrely kicked down the throat of keeper and his effort of a tackle when Adam’s was about to glide past him was hilarious.

Someone suggested a while back that we should pay Southampton an extra £6m for van Dijk, because it's just too embarrassing for Maguire to be the most expensive defender.

• Upvote 5

On 24/08/2021 at 07:54, Barrington Womble said:

They were proper bossing it and then went right off the boil the moment they brought Sancho on, who I'm guessing was supposed to push them over the top and win. It can happen to any manager I guess, but just how flat they went, in fact were lucky not to lose in the end - and he had no clue how to deal with it. They've got loads of good players who some weeks can win a game on their own. But sometimes the manager is the edge and I'm not sure they've got that no matter how many good players they've got. 

I honestly have no idea how good Sancho is...I'm constantly blinded by what the Bundesliga throws up...Munich have dominated for so long now...underachieved for the large part in Europe during that time. His record is good no doubt but up against a top left back/top defence is he that world beater? I think Ole could fckin ruin him...

Recently:

Havertz..£90m ish, will probably be a v good player, doesn't have that wow factor yet

Werner, was he £50m..think we dodged one (although think Klopp would have improved him)

Keita, £50m think we didn't dodge one, yet the footage of Keita gliding past players, one twos and being best player in BL etc etc 

Thiago..like most, I see something there and hopefully will push on but far from setting world alight...his 10 minutes at weekend..less said.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nolongerathletic said:

I honestly have no idea how good Sancho is...I'm constantly blinded by what the Bundesliga throws up...Munich have dominated for so long now...underachieved for the large part in Europe during that time. His record is good no doubt but up against a top left back/top defence is he that world beater? I think Ole could fckin ruin him...

Recently:

Havertz..£90m ish, will probably be a v good player, doesn't have that wow factor yet

Werner, was he £50m..think we dodged one (although think Klopp would have improved him)

Keita, £50m think we didn't dodge one, yet the footage of Keita gliding past players, one twos and being best player in BL etc etc 

Thiago..like most, I see something there and hopefully will push on but far from setting world alight...his 10 minutes at weekend..less said.

I don't argue much with what you say about players from the German league. But I wasn't really blaming Sancho for their lack of momentum, more when he came on it changed how they were playing and the substitution was tactically naive. Like what one of us chumps would do in championship manager or whatever it's called now "another attacker will get the goal". Pretty basic blunt instrument tactics. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't argue much with what you say about players from the German league. But I wasn't really blaming Sancho for their lack of momentum, more when he came on it changed how they were playing and the substitution was tactically naive. Like what one of us chumps would do in championship manager or whatever it's called now "another attacker will get the goal". Pretty basic blunt instrument tactics. 

They're crying out for a Tielemans or Thiago to control tempo of games. They have had loads of games like that where they were unable to regain control. I turned it on 5 minutes after Utd scored and another goal looked a certainty but once they lost momentum they hadn't a clue what to do.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yep - Ole..Stick on the big lad up front!