You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

14 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Team yes, squad no.

Which one of their bench players would get onto our bench? And ahead of whom from the following (particularly those in bold):

Kelleher, Adrian

Gomez, Konate, Phillips, Tsimikas, Williams

Milner, Oxlade, Keita, Jones

Jota, Shaqiri, Elliot, Origi, Minamino

2 hours ago, m0e said:

Which one of their bench players would get onto our bench? And ahead of whom from the following (particularly those in bold):

Kelleher, Adrian

Gomez, Konate, Phillips, Tsimikas, Williams

Milner, Oxlade, Keita, Jones

Jota, Shaqiri, Elliot, Origi, Minamino

This is gonna be all about opinions, and therefore is probably pretty pointless. My clear opinion, and the main point of my short post, is that the quality of the players isn’t what makes us better team than them. The manager, the structure, the system and the whole staff and setup around the first team is.

But since you took the time to ask, here we go. Assuming their first eleven, which I’m sure we agree is a part of the squad, are: 

De Gea - Wan Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw- Pogba, McTominay, Fernandez - Sancho, Cavani, Rashford.

That would make these among their «bench players»:

Henderson, Lindelof, Bailly, Telles, Williams, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Fred, James, Van Der Beek, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Greenwood, Diallo.

I’m sure many on here can explain in detail how shit all of those players are. If so, I dont agree. In fact I reckon many of them are brilliant players, and with the right manager and setup around them would prove it on a regular basis.

All about opinions, especially when it comes to rating individual player quality, so fair enough if we disagree. But I reckon they overall have a stronger squad than us. Give Ole a year with our squad and he wouldn’t make top 4.

21 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This is gonna be all about opinions, and therefore is probably pretty pointless. My clear opinion, and the main point of my short post, is that the quality of the players isn’t what makes us better team than them. The manager, the structure, the system and the whole staff and setup around the first team is.

But since you took the time to ask, here we go. Assuming their first eleven, which I’m sure we agree is a part of the squad, are: 

De Gea - Wan Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw- Pogba, McTominay, Fernandez - Sancho, Cavani, Rashford.

That would make these among their «bench players»:

Henderson, Lindelof, Bailly, Telles, Williams, Tuanzebe, Dalot, Fred, James, Van Der Beek, Matic, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Greenwood, Diallo.

I’m sure many on here can explain in detail how shit all of those players are. If so, I dont agree. In fact I reckon many of them are brilliant players, and with the right manager and setup around them would prove it on a regular basis.

All about opinions, especially when it comes to rating individual player quality, so fair enough if we disagree. But I reckon they overall have a stronger squad than us. Give Ole a year with our squad and he wouldn’t make top 4.

Your right. It is about opinions.

And there's not one cunt out of that lot (bolded) I'd have in our squad.

And there's not one cunt from their first team that gets into our first team either.

But maybe I'm missing something.

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

And there's not one cunt from their first team that gets into our first team either.

Cavani for Firmino, I’d take in a heartbeat. Unless Mane really gets back to his best, there is also a discussion to be had about his position, 

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Cavani for Firmino, I’d take in a heartbeat. Unless Mane really gets back to his best, there is also a discussion to be had about his position, 

You'd take Cavani for another year instead of Bobby for another 3 to 4?

Ahhh, I see what you did there

**taps nose**

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

You'd take Cavani for another year instead of Bobby for another 3 to 4?

Ahhh, I see what you did there

**taps nose**

You said you wouldn’t want any of them in our squad, I disagree. Nothing about doing anything. 

1 hour ago, m0e said:

I dont think you’d find many neutrals, if such a thing exist, that would agree with that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I dont think you’d find many neutrals, if such a thing exist, that would agree with that.

I'd be happy to look at specific examples.

Because aside from showing potential, there's nothing they have over who we have.

1 hour ago, DJLJ said:

You said you wouldn’t want any of them in our squad, I disagree. Nothing about doing anything. 

No.

I said not one of their squad players would get into our squad.

And none of their first teamers would get into our first team.

I'd take all their first teamers as squad players.

Literally all of them.

10 minutes ago, m0e said:

No.

I said not one of their squad players would get into our squad.

And none of their first teamers would get into our first team.

I'd take all their first teamers as squad players. Literally all of them.

I still think Cavani gets into our first team and if Mane doesn’t get back to being his usual good self, that Rashford or Sancho gets that Mane spot. 

2 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I still think Cavani gets into our first team and if Mane doesn’t get back to being his usual good self, that Rashford or Sancho gets that Mane spot. 

Rashford or Sancho - would you do that deal now and sell Mane to fund it?

If not, your point is moot.

With Cavani, I'm just thankful that that will never happen.

2 minutes ago, m0e said:

Rashford or Sancho - would you do that deal now and sell Mane to fund it?

If not, your point is moot.

With Cavani, I'm just thankful that that will never happen.

Good luck being so dismissive of anything. Enjoy your opinion. 

I don’t think the mancs are better than us. 

Starting 11 or squad. 

They have Fred, McTominnay and Dan James as regular starters! 

They might have more options up front, none of which would get into our first 11, and a better reserve keeper but that’s it. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Starting 11 or squad. 

They might have more options up front, none of which would get into our first 11, and a better reserve keeper but that’s it. 

Two of our front 3 need to pull their fingers out their arses based upon last season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Two of our front 3 need to pull their fingers out their arses based upon last season.

True. Despite our issues, they only scored 5 more than us.

We do need to add somebody else in there as well.

We actually conceded less than them, which is pretty amazing considering we didn’t have a centre back most of the season.

They have a pretty good squad and seem to have a positive dynamic at the club for the first time in a while. Whatever that will bring them, who knows. Normally, you'd say big trophies when you have those two things but then their manager is Ole so that's questionable.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Starting 11 or squad. 

James wasn't a regular starter. And they've just bought Sancho for "his" position. 

Fred may be garbage. But he's favoured over Fabinho for his national side. 

McTominay may also be garbage. But United have just bought a serious centre back to make sure two donkeys aren't required in midfield to cover for Mongo Maguire. 

2 hours ago, whtwht said:

For all the utd lurkers.No excuses for you lot. Your manager has been backed. You need to be winning leagues with that squad or its failure.

This. They’ve been spending very big money for a number of years. Nothing wrong with the players they brought in, but they’re not capable of getting the maximum out of them.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

James wasn't a regular starter. And they've just bought Sancho for "his" position. 

Fred may be garbage. But he's favoured over Fabinho for his national side. 

McTominay may also be garbage. But United have just bought a serious centre back to make sure two donkeys aren't required in midfield to cover for Mongo Maguire. 

Sancho is obviously a significant upgrade on James but will he have as many goal contributions as Salah? 

Although Fred does start for Brazil, that’s an irrelevance really. In the 3 seasons they’ve both been in England, I don’t think anybody would say Fred is the better player. 

McTominnay isn’t top quality. 

Varane is an obvious improvement on Lindelof. 

IMO, the only area of the pitch the have more options than us is reserve keeper and up front. 

Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Sancho & Greenwood are all good players. If I’m being picky, I’d say Rashford and Martial (certainly Martial) have never proven themselves as top, top quality - both are inconsistent. 

If we add another attacker to our squad before September, I don’t think they’ll be better in that area either. 

This was their bench for the EL Final - 

17B6FE60-057F-4319-8E24-2BA97D60815C.png

I still think our First 11 > their first 11 and our squad > their squad. 

8 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This. They’ve been spending very big money for a number of years. Nothing wrong with the players they brought in, but they’re not capable of getting the maximum out of them.

Agreed. Their current squad has 3 of the 5 most expensive English transfers ever (Lukaku and VVD are the other two).

Fernandes, Fred, Martial, Wan Bissaka were all >£50m.

Even Lindelof, Matic, Bailly, Van De Beek  & Mata were >£30m. 

But no, the Glazers just steal money out the club.