You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

15 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

As long as they don't end up with Sancho, I'm fine with it. Rice, Kane, and Varane don't really solve any of their problems as long as Ole's at the wheel.

Sancho, on the other hand, could be like when Ronaldo went there. Not sure he turns out that good under that manager, but if they get a decent attacking manager at some point Sancho will be an absolute monster.

I don't think Rice is that great but he massively improves one of their weakest areas. He is a mile better than either McTominay or Fred. 

1 hour ago, Razoray said:

I don't think Rice is that great but he massively improves one of their weakest areas. He is a mile better than either McTominay or Fred. 

Rice is decent. He doesn’t play in a fashionable position, he doesn’t do flashy stuff, but he’s got a defined role and he does it well. 
The issue isn’t “Is Rice good enough?” but “How many similar players can United buy for the same role, all of whom cost a lot of cash, without the team particularly improving?”

McTominay is supposed to be one of the big hopes of their youth system. Fred cost the thick end of £50million. Matic cost £40million. Rice would make it four defensive midfielders, all of them internationals. 
They’ve been doing the same thing with central defenders, buying expensive international players who invariably disappoint (or at least don’t have the desired impact) and get replaced by an even more expensive international player. Over the last five years they've bought Bailly for £30million, Lindelöf for around the same sum, and finally made Slab-head the most expensive defender in the world. Yet the number of league goals they’ve conceded has gone from 35 in van Gaal’s last season to 44 this term. 
The issue is more structural than ‘Sign the following players’. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll be delighted for them to keep backing Solskjær with time and money. But the irony is that it will cost them less money, and get them far better results, if they simply get a top manager with a proper backroom structure. 

The thing is, they can improve practically every area of the pitch. So, whoever they end up buying will always have the potential to make them better.

And sadly, there are lots of players who will make them better. And lots who will be wanting to sign for them.

The key to all this is OGS. Like Lampard at Chelsea.

The minute someone competent comes in, they'll start challenging again.

• Upvote 1

On 28/05/2021 at 17:24, SlugTrail said:

Before you came out the other night, I was duly informed the reason UTD haven't challenged is because of Woodward. He buys shit players that are not always first choice players. 

I was told and I quote "doesn't matter how much you spend if Woodward is in charge".

Lets see if hes brave enough to actually watch a Liverpool v United game with us next season

Probably being biased, but Jurgen should get manager of the year for getting us third in last season's circumstances. 

Failing that, Bielsa should get it. Great first season back up for Leeds, and you can be pretty sure they won't implode like Sheffield United did. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

This would have been perfect for Through The Wind & Rain’s Mancwatch section. Absolutely laughable “journalism” in today’s Daily Manc. 

BFA25B9D-FCFB-427D-A6EE-D35DA1234A1D.jpeg

Used to love reading Steve's 'Manc Watch' in TTW&R. Reckon we should have a perma thread here to carry on the good work!

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

State of them. Keep watching. It gets better than that Russian pub and as soon as you see the fella with tits you will piss yourself

Waited ages to see them tits, absolutely jam packed with cunts so almost missed them.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...