You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Ed Woodward is an absolute hero. Real shame he has been made a sacrificial lamb but he deserves great credit for his good work and his parting fuck you to the Mancs by giving the much sought after managerial giant Ole a 3 year deal.

Always welcome in the pubs around Anfield is Ed. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fantastic news they're giving him a new deal. Is he the 1st manager to earn a contract extension there since Ferguson left? And you wonder what he's done to earn that when you were what got others the sack. 

They gave Mourinho a new contract in January 2018 and sacked him in December 2018. I can see a similar thing happening if they get off to a bad start next season. How could any boardroom watch that final and think about rewarding that manager with a new contract?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fantastic news they're giving him a new deal. Is he the 1st manager to earn a contract extension there since Ferguson left? And you wonder what he's done to earn that when you were what got others the sack. 

I think Mourinho got a new contract after his first year having won the Europa League and League Cup. They finished second in the league the following year before he started throwing his toys out of the pram.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, littletedwest said:

A Manchester United fan I know put on his Facebook this morning that it'll be a long process but ole will take them to glory, if you think you know more than a treble winner send your cv to old Trafford.

That's the spirit from them 

Real Madrid and Juventus are courting David May for their respective coaching vacancies.

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

They gave Mourinho a new contract in January 2018 and sacked him in December 2018. I can see a similar thing happening if they get off to a bad start next season. How could any boardroom watch that final and think about rewarding that manager with a new contract?

Crackle.jpg

• Upvote 2

Why did they give him a contract extension now. He has a year to go on his current deal. It's not as if there were clubs knocking down the door to take him on. 

When he is eventually sacked, who will take him on? Would an Everton/Wolves type take him? 

6 minutes ago, Dave D said:

A United fan rightly pointed out to me yesterday that it wasn't a smooth start with Ferguson.  

Put me in my place.

As I pissed my trousers  

Is this the same Alex Ferguson that was a previous cup winners cup winner and multiple title winner with Aberdeen as opposed to the rice Krispy kid? 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dave D said:

A United fan rightly pointed out to me yesterday that it wasn't a smooth start with Ferguson.  

Put me in my place.

As I pissed my trousers  

Jebus.

Hopefully that level of delusion last in their fan base.

They forget we’ve lived this.

Like they have been doing, they’ll never have a “bad” team, their first 11 will likely be a match for anybody, they’ll pick up a few domestic trophies along the way, but that current side won’t be challenging for the Premiership or CL any time soon. 

The longer they don't pick up a decent manager obviously the better. We're basically witnessing peak Ole whereby the past season has been as favourable as possible for him, we'll be better next year as will Chelsea so he could well be chasing 4th next season. After that they'll probably realise....

The only club which has been capable of matching and surpassing City over the last four years has been us. City in reality haven't had to be at their best this season and they're still a mile ahead of the mancs.

13 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

According to Darke that was him being thoughtful.

Ian Darke is a jabroni. 

He was better commenting on people playing Mario Kart SNES on Games World on Sky 1 in the early 90’s.

I follow him on Twitter, it’s remarkable somebody who’s as clueless on football has a job describing games of football. 

No comment on his boxing commentary, but I bet he’s shite at that as well. Wasn’t properly paying attention to Super Knock Out. 

29 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Put me in my place.

As I pissed my trousers  

Before you came out the other night, I was duly informed the reason UTD haven't challenged is because of Woodward. He buys shit players that are not always first choice players. 

I was told and I quote "doesn't matter how much you spend if Woodward is in charge".

33 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Put me in my place.

As I pissed my trousers  

But some mancs say he's got 2 Norwegian League titles to his name and before 2019, had the same number as Jurgen! I kid not.

59 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Guardian going full Manchester Guardian - Jamie Jackson reporting they are interested in Rice, Kane, Varane and Sancho! 

Just the £350m this summer then?

Hopefully they’ll sign Rice for £70m and fall short with the rest. 

14 hours ago, Jockey said:

Guardian going full Manchester Guardian - Jamie Jackson reporting they are interested in Rice, Kane, Varane and Sancho! 

£350million might be optimistic.

Levy will squeeze them. Regardless of whether it hammers Spuds’ own transfer plans, he’ll haggle remorselessly for a few extra mill. And appointing a new manager will take first priority regardless. 
West Ham, in Europe (until Moyes crashes them out at the first hurdle), are under no pressure to sell. 
Dortmund never sell cheap, and United have hardly improved their negotiating position by making it clear that Sancho is their first (and only?) choice for that position. 
I don’t have a view on Varane, other than United spend an eight-figure sum on a new central defender every single summer, and it never seems to make any difference. Even if they don’t overpay, I can’t see how he’ll improve them to any great extent. 

As long as they don't end up with Sancho, I'm fine with it. Rice, Kane, and Varane don't really solve any of their problems as long as Ole's at the wheel.

Sancho, on the other hand, could be like when Ronaldo went there. Not sure he turns out that good under that manager, but if they get a decent attacking manager at some point Sancho will be an absolute monster.

On 28/05/2021 at 17:49, Jockey said:

The green and gold scarves will retired for a bit.