You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Neville needs to take over and save the best sporting franchise the world has ever seen. These glazer sons of bitches have gone too far this time and if it wasn't for sir rashford the whole goddam city would have starved. Petition for gary to parachute in and do an arm around the shoulder job como hizo en valencia. 

Gary Neville named Valencia head coach in first management ...

Absolutely delighted they lost. 

We are now spared days and days of media driven celebrations for the most undeserving, classless, over hyped team of the season as if they had just won World Club Champions of the universe of all time ever Cup  

• Upvote 5

Had to stay up well past my bedtime to watch the end of this, so fully expected those cunts to win the shoot out 234-233 and royally annoy me.

Delighted to have waded through the shite, that was the match, and tolerated the bollocks, that was the commentary, to be there at the end to witness their glorious failure. 

After a pretty shambolic season, the last couple of weeks have been half decent. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Had to stay up well past my bedtime to watch the end of this, so fully expected those cunts to win the shoot out 234-233 and royally annoy me.

Delighted to have waded through the shite, that was the match, and tolerated the bollocks, that was the commentary, to be there at the end to witness their glorious failure. 

After a pretty shambolic season, the last couple of weeks have been half decent. 

Just a pity that an obnoxious set of cunts are going to win Big Ears on Saturday (even though I refuse to accept there is a final this year).  

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Just a pity that an obnoxious set of cunts are going to win Big Ears on Saturday (even though I refuse to accept there is a final this year).  

Yes, I’m hoping they both lose. I think I might hate Chelsea more though but, then again, the Manchester City I didn’t hate ceased to be a good few years ago. This lot masquerading as a proper football club are equally as loathsome. 

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Yes, I’m hoping they both lose. I think I might hate Chelsea more though but, then again, the Manchester City I didn’t hate ceased to be a good few years ago. This lot masquerading as a proper football club are equally as loathsome. 

I'm probably going to watch this with a chelsea supporting friend so I think I'm going to pull for them but I can't help but have the same feeling. The other day when I turned on the  Leceister v Chelsea I went into it fully neutral and within seconds I couldn't help but root against Chelsea. I can't stand them to be honest but City are basically Chelsea on steroids so I guess I'll have to live with it.

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I'm probably going to watch this with a chelsea supporting friend so I think I'm going to pull for them but I can't help but have the same feeling. The other day when I turned on the  Leceister v Chelsea I went into it fully neutral and within seconds I couldn't help but root against the Chelsea. I can't stand them to be honest but City are basically Chelsea on steroids so I guess I'll have to live with it.

I think I probably hate the two clubs, as they are since they became monied, cheating, cunts equally. The difference is, I’ve always hated Chelsea and was mostly neutral about City so my bitterness runs deeper. 

Some of City’s supporter base, since they became successful, are clearly fuckwits but Chelsea have always had some of the most loathsome fans anywhere following them. 

Yea that's a fair assessment. I've talked to a few City fans online (never met one in person) that were well rounded and remember their old days and seem to just be happy to finally be at the table. Most Chelsea fans are, as we say, obnoxious cunts. Still though I don't even consider us as a rival to Chelsea, we're going to be competing with City for as long as Klopp is here, so I think the London side is the side I'd prefer to win. It's an undesirable result either way. Unlike last night, which was boss.

• Upvote 1

I see a few manc apologists in the media are pointing to united having to play 61 games this season as their downfall last night. Strange, none of them point out united's season stretched to 61 games because they fell out of the Champions League and then played games in the Europa League.

Neither do they point out that the serial semi finalist loser (you reading that fat cunt, custis?) got united to the EFL semi finals but again failed to make it to the final never mind win it.

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I see a few manc apologists in the media are pointing to united having to play 61 games this season as their downfall last night. Strange, none of them point out united's season stretched to 61 games because they fell out of the Champions League and then played games in the Europa League.

A normal Europa League run is 2 games more than a normal Champions League run. Assuming a team isn't involved in the qualifying rounds, they'll have 6 group games, the Round of 16, quarters, semis and the final. The difference is that the Europa has a Round of 32 right after the group stage.

In any case, the more games a team has, the better they've done in the cup competitions. If you don't want that intensity, it's best to do what all those LMA merry-go-round managers do and get knocked out of the cups early so you can concentrate on preserving your Premier League status.

2 hours ago, TheRedMachine said:

I still firmly believe Slur got Moyes the gig to protect his own legacy. A man who'd never won a single trophy? Come on. Has to be deliberate.

I think basically he didn't want Mourinho coming in and in Moyes he saw another dour Scot that he could work with behind the scenes.  I don't agree for one minute he wanted Utd to go into decline. He was right to block Maureen but wrong to push Moyes into the job. As for his record I doubt we will see it bettered any time soon and his place in their history is guaranteed.  

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Back him.  He's spent big on Diogo Dalot, Fred, Wan-Bissaka, Slabhead, Bruno Fernandes, Donny van de Beek, Alex Telles, Edinson Cavani and Amad Diallo.   Fernandes has been successful and Cavani is an effective short-term fix.  The rest are mostly poo.  Give him a few more seasons of spending big with that sort of success rate.

Dalot and Fred are from the Jose era.

AWB is limited but has been OK.

Maguire (while overpriced), Fernandes and Cavani (as a stop-gap) have been a success.

James, VDB, Telles, Pellestri??, Diallo, Ighalo (10m loan fee) have been a waste. If we spent £100m+ on that amount of shite in 2 seasons we would be fucked. 

• Downvote 1

Since their last trophy in 2017, their two biggest rivals have between them won all 4 league titles, all 4 league cups, an FA Cup and a Champions League (possibly 2 within days). 

Meanwhile, their net spend in that period is around £370M. Despite that substantial amount spent, a very good youth setup and an unprecedented number of penalties in that time frame...no silverware. 

They deserve every bit of criticism they get. 

7 hours ago, Iceman said:

Neville needs to take over and save the best sporting franchise the world has ever seen. These glazer sons of bitches have gone too far this time and if it wasn't for sir rashford the whole goddam city would have starved. Petition for gary to parachute in and do an arm around the shoulder job como hizo en valencia. 

Gary Neville named Valencia head coach in first management ...

In fairness to Ratboy, I'm sure I've heard him say something to the effect of "I tried management once and I was shit, so I'm not doing that again".