You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

21 hours ago, Baltar said:

I really don't care if he plays the reserves and gets tonked by Leicester. We only have ourselves to blame for being in this position. Had we held on and secured wins against Newcastle and Leeds we would be in control of 4th place but we fucked those up and tried our best to fuck up the win versus Southampton. We don't deserve to be in the CL next season and I only hope we finish low enough to avoid qualifying for the Europa league.

And we should never be surprised they want to play their best team against us anyway.

Personally I think he has a duty to keep fighting for the league (a duty to them) and in that respect coming back to win at the weekend (and city's fuck up) has hurt their fans. They've probably all given up on the league, but while it's still mathematically possibly, with so few games to go, in the weirdest of seasons, I don't see how OGS can just stick his kids out tonight. He'll obviously rotate as they played on Sunday, but he has to try and pick the team he thinks has the best chance of 3 points tonight. Once tonight is out of the way, regardless of result, he can then think about Thursday. This could actually work in our favour. If they don't win tonight, he could rest key players on Thursday as he won't be wanting to risk muscle injuries before the EL final. Any muscle injury now will almost certainly rule players out of a final. 

I'd be furious if we were in their position and we just gave it up. 

On 10/05/2021 at 05:39, Pete said:

Definitely time for FSG to open the wallet and spend some money, not just spend monies from sales. 
As for OGS, all my Manc mates love him so that's good enough for me. He's clearly a clueless little prick benefitting from officials and a league still in awe of what used to be. 

I'm a little less inclined to think he's a "clueless little prick" because they do look really decent and confident at the moment and keep getting results too. I don't think he'll ever get them the league, but then again I don't think Klopp will again either. Us and United will be challenging for 3rd next season now that Chelsea squad has a competent manager. 

It is kinda remarkable how many games they get back into with a pen before going on to win it too. And they, more than anyone, have benefitted from having no fans in stadiums because they're winning at home and have gone on this epic unbeaten streak away from home for which only 2-3 were with supporters. 

On 10/05/2021 at 15:32, Baltar said:

I really don't care if he plays the reserves and gets tonked by Leicester. We only have ourselves to blame for being in this position. Had we held on and secured wins against Newcastle and Leeds we would be in control of 4th place but we fucked those up and tried our best to fuck up the win versus Southampton. We don't deserve to be in the CL next season and I only hope we finish low enough to avoid qualifying for the Europa league.

I care. 

If Leicester throw away their lead over us and we make it into top 4 then we will have deserved it, and Leicester will be the ones with only themselves to blame for bottling it. 

Rice crispy faced shit house cunt.

Throwing a game like that when the title is still on (slim chance is still better than none), handing it also to your city rivals in the process, pandering to the crowd no doubt. This increases his support from the fans, someone likened him to Moyes at Everton and it's bang on.

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Throwing a game like that when the title is still on (slim chance is still better than none), handing it also to your city rivals in the process, pandering to the crowd no doubt. This increases his support from the fans, someone likened him to Moyes at Everton and it's bang on.

Would of been great if city won the title by just one point in the end.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Its mad, Man Utd gave up on a title, that seems to have been breezed over. You teach kids to keep going until the end, until the final whistle. It's the basics of any sport, once there is hope you keep going right until the end even if it's 1% chance.

Ferguson was a prick but his teams never gave up. Last season at Chelsea Peps team kept going when they had 10 men and even less of a chance than Utd had today. I can't remember any side in any sport just giving up like that. In 2 weeks time it could be that they have finished 3rd and we have managed to finish 4th so their throwing of the game was both pointless and expensive. Their fixture list is no different to a Christmas schedule, you plan the 3 games to get the best team on the field for all 3, you don't write one of them off.8

Someone said yesterday it's time to stop laughing at him, probably true, it's time to start pitying them. He's a cunt but not in Mourinho or Ferguson way, there is no end result to fall back on, just needless cuntishness. 

Fuck Solskjaer for his selection tonight but let's call it how it is; if we were in their position we'd have been happy enough for Klopp to do the same. We've been shit all season, that's why we won't make top 4, not because of one yernited match. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fuck Solskjaer for his selection tonight but let's call it how it is; if we were in their position we'd have been happy enough for Klopp to do the same. We've been shit all season, that's why we won't make top 4, not because of one yernited match. 

Happy to give up on the league with 3 games to go?!

Get to fuck

Your second point is spot on, though.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, m0e said:

Happy to give up on the league with 3 games to go?!

Get to fuck

Your second point is spot on, though.

Not a chance citeh weren't winning the league. I get what you're saying but united weren't winning the league and they want that European trophy. 

We will miss out because of our own shortcomings. No disputing that. However, a league consists of other teams with shortcomings too. 

We’ve beaten ourselves up for being shit. But that was our doing. 

However. Despite this. External factors also came into play here. It hasn’t been a level playing field. And quite frankly, the way things have transpired since the postponement of the game, it’s been exploited by those who give the Mancs Carte Blanche.

Lets face it, this game is rotten to the core now.

No big issue with them playing a weakened side but the circumstances around it caused by them letting fans into their ground. They got away with facing a possible liverpool defeat handing the title over to their city rivals using an already abandoned ESL protest to cover the fact they are just pissed off city are richer than them. They have spent more than nearly every other side in the last 10 years and its not enough. Vandalism and assault all brushed under the carpet when if it was any other club their would be a reaction to how disgraceful it all was I mean one liverpoolfan threw a can at a bus window and it was treated like Mordor had invaded Carebear valley, instead because it was united the football equivalent of Boris Johnson they were actually lauded for their self interested bullshit. Ole making football decisions in the best interest of his own side even if its a bit weird to just give up on the league I have no problem with but the rest of football, the Premier league, sky and all the punditry wankers can go fuck themselves.

That said we are where we are in the league and out of all competitions due to our own collapse, getting injuries and dealing with them terribly.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Most of us wouldn't just be "happy enough" if Klopp did the same, but pissed off if he didn't. We are where we are because of our own failings.

Let's see if there's any spine left in our team. All we have to do is go there tomorrow and beat them. If we do we still have a good chance of ending 4th

7 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Not a chance citeh weren't winning the league. I get what you're saying but united weren't winning the league and they want that European trophy. 

In fairness, it's about standards, and not allowing them to slip under any circumstances. If you want to have a 'win above all else' mantra then it has to be enforced without exception, certainly in the competitions you've designs on winning. In 2018/19, we (broadly) knew the jig was up when Kompany drilled one in the top corner against Leicester, but we kept winning, kept the pressure on right up until the last minute against Wolves on the last day. It was futile and we probably all knew it, but it also likely had a hand in us coming back against Barcelona, and us piling into 2019/20 like men possessed.

Solskjaer has sent a message to his squad there - a tiny, subconscious one which mightn't be felt for a while - that sometimes the odds are just too great and you can let a bit of pragmatism creep in. And it'll manifest itself at some point in the future - there'll be some game where they're trailing and the players will subconsciously 'play the reserves.' It's why, despite all his 90s yernited theatrics, he'll always be a fucking loser.

But yeah, relying on dickheads like Solskjaer and the mancs to help you out is problematic to say the least, so we should have just held on against Newcastle and Leeds, and not lost those 6 games in a row, and we wouldn't be arsed about their losery.

• Upvote 4

If that shower last night doesn’t fire up the players for tomorrow then they don’t deserve to play for the club let alone play in Europe. Could do with an uncharacteristic good Arsenal performance tonight to keep the pressure on Chelsea so we can hopefully push either them or Leicester to the last day at least.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

If that shower last night doesn’t fire up the players for tomorrow then they don’t deserve to play for the club let alone play in Europe. Could do with an uncharacteristic good Arsenal performance tonight to keep the pressure on Chelsea so we can hopefully push either them or Leicester to the last day at least.

If, though I know it's an impossible dream, but if those soft North Londoners win tonight, the faith (4th place) is actually in our own hands as Chelsea and Leciester still have to play each other.

We're still in it but need a win tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

If, though I know it's an impossible dream, but if those soft North Londoners win tonight, the faith (4th place) is actually in our own hands as Chelsea and Leciester still have to play each other.

A draw tonight will do that too although we would be reliant on goal difference. 

10 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Had a new look at it. A draw in London tonight could actually be enough if we win our last four.

If we win our last four we'll end up with 69 points and goal diff. +22 or better.

If Chelsea beats Leicester and Leicester then beats Spurs, Leicester will end on 69 points too (the currently have GD +21)

Then if Arsenal gets a point today and Chelsea draws against Leicester Chelsea will end on max 69 points (GD +24 or better)

Then of course there's the small detail about winning our last four.

13 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

You said we'd have been happy enough to do the same.

I'm saying that's total bollocks.