You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

It looks like finally their ever increasing sponsorship deals have hit a wall.  They’ve announced their new shirt sponsor which is £47m a year.  It’s a decrease from the £61m a year that they were getting from Chervrolet.  It’s fairly significant and the company called TeamViewer seems to be a complete no mark of a company which you could suggest may not even be able to afford the full 5 year deal.

It’s funny how they’re trying to sell it as a great deal and there’s not a lot of comment in the news about how it’s a significant drop off.  They mention still going for a training shirt sponsor and also getting an separate official car sponsor which Chevrolet was but it’s still a decrease regardless.  They were lucky to get the Chevrolet deal in the first place and I think the leaks coming from Chevrolet that it was a joke that it ever got signed off suggest this drop off has been coming.

The Chevrolet exec who signed off that sponsorship deal got fired immediately afterwards because company bosses felt they'd overpaid by as much as 50%. It sounds like their new deal is only a little bit more than what we get from Standard Chartered (a deal that was brokered 3 years ago and came into effect in summer 2019, up until 2023). TeamViewer made revenues of 390 million Euros in 2019, so £47m a year is quite a significant outlay especially when you consider how many companies are out there that make hundreds of billions of pounds a year but don't get involved with sponsorship.

39 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It looks like finally their ever increasing sponsorship deals have hit a wall.  They’ve announced their new shirt sponsor which is £47m a year.  It’s a decrease from the £61m a year that they were getting from Chervrolet.  It’s fairly significant and the company called TeamViewer seems to be a complete no mark of a company which you could suggest may not even be able to afford the full 5 year deal.

It’s funny how they’re trying to sell it as a great deal and there’s not a lot of comment in the news about how it’s a significant drop off.  They mention still going for a training shirt sponsor and also getting an separate official car sponsor which Chevrolet was but it’s still a decrease regardless.  They were lucky to get the Chevrolet deal in the first place and I think the leaks coming from Chevrolet that it was a joke that it ever got signed off suggest this drop off has been coming.

Saw that before. The Manc obsessed Daily Mail were reporting it as a "record" deal despite it only being £2m more than our Standard Chartered deal and less than the Chevrolet one. 

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The Chevrolet exec who signed off that sponsorship deal got fired immediately afterwards because company bosses felt they'd overpaid by as much as 50%. It sounds like their new deal is only a little bit more than what we get from Standard Chartered (a deal that was brokered 3 years ago and came into effect in summer 2019, up until 2023). TeamViewer made revenues of 390 million Euros in 2019, so £47m a year is quite a significant outlay especially when you consider how many companies are out there that make hundreds of billions of pounds a year but don't get involved with sponsorship.

There have to be some brown envelopes changing hands with that TeamViewer deal. More than 10% turnover on a shirt sponsorship deal sounds erratic at best. 

46 minutes ago, The Guest said:

i can't believe teamviewer has the money to sponsor them. they must have some PE money in their pockets and they're about to buy up some other businesses. maybe i am wrong, but i thought pretty much all they did was secure remote desktop control software? 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

i can't believe teamviewer has the money to sponsor them. they must have some PE money in their pockets and they're about to buy up some other businesses. maybe i am wrong, but i thought pretty much all they did was secure remote desktop control software? 

It does seem weird.  Maybe the fella that got sacked from Chevrolet went there.  The fact it’s not a big name is another dent for them I think just generally anyway,

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

What is the "shirt only" part of this deal supposed to mean?

I'm not certain but there is a shirt sponsorship deal and a sleeve sponsorship deal which is seperate. Everton have Angry Birds on their sleeves. Liverpool I believe have Experia. Man Utd are claiming their shirt only deal is the highest  in the Premier League. Presumably with a sleeve sponsorship on top they may still get the highest valued deal.

On 14/03/2021 at 15:28, El Rojo said:

They’d be forgiven for thinking they’ve risen above us again, but that’s our own fault and all being well it will bite them on the arse big time next season. It says a lot about how poor everyone else is that they’re within closest shouting distance of City. 

This is what annoys me. Obviously we are biased but they are not a patch on us in normal circumstances. It makes it so frustrating.

Seeing mancs on Twitter a while back saying ‘ oh it’s great we are winning but so annoying we couldn’t beat Liverpool at Anfield to assert our superiority’. 
The lack of self awareness is staggering and needs to be reinforced down their cheesy manc cringe spouting ‘bin dipper’ nasal London shagging throats next season, it really fucking does.

They have averaged 69 points in the league since Ferguson left. They will end up with about 73 points this year. It's just about an above average year in the league. That's it. They have convinced themselves that coming 3rd in the last 6 competitions they have been in, is a sign that they are on the way back but they are a mirror of us in the 90s/ 00s. Some very good players who win matches but no trophies and no plan. 

Fuck um and Ole forever

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/08/manchester-united-lose-200m-training-kit-deal-over-fans-anti-glazers-campaign

'Manchester United have missed out on a proposed new training kit deal worth £200m over 10 years after the Manchester-based company The Hut Group had concerns about the supporters’ campaign to boycott the club’s commercial partners in protest at the Glazers’ ownership, the Observer understands.'

• Upvote 2