You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Gollum was always going to defend the decisions Utd are getting this season but it's out there now and the narrative should be to keep it out there so refs maybe do have second thoughts

Ferguson pushed the things way beyond the pale as regards refs but you also had  to admit at various times they were the best team in the land and generally would win the league anyway but this shower of shite aren't and shouldn't even be joint top even taking into account how crap the league has been.

As for them winning the league they won't even if we don't regain our form as Man City will then piss which will be kind of funny as that's what the FA don't want to happen when selling their brand abroad

On 03/01/2021 at 14:52, AngryofTuebrook said:

Not happening, though.

Most of the last few pages boil down to "if they repeat their last two results for the next 22 games and we do the same, they'll finish above us".

United, City & Chelsea will squabble over 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Liverpool will win the League.

Not if we don’t buy a centre half we won’t, won’t even be close.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not if we don’t buy a centre half we won’t, won’t even be close.

We've become slower it feels and incredibly predictable. We won't win the league just because we feel we are a better side than United. Weve got two points from west brom, Newcastle and Southampton at this point we aren't a better side. We are playing poor, passing the ball aimlessly around two thirds of the pitch because the opposition are happy for you to run down the clock isnt us being the better side, were being handled and it looks like teams are finding it easy to do so. They must be finding it easy as west brom are fucking unbelievably shite and they made us look like mugs. We can win the league but only if a rocket is put up this sides arse or a tactical solution is found. We keep plodding on hoping things will change on their own and I think we will finish below both Manchester clubs.

Sounds harsh, I'm not slating the team it is what it is, they've given everything the last few seasons and been incredible but we've a small squad with little competition and it feels like its taking its toll, throw in the constantly outrageous refereeing decisions its hard to keep stepping up. Weve lost our air of invincibility can we get that back.

Is it only 2 away wins.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Klopp has done well here putting it firmly in the spotlight, the gobshites will have to think twice before getting their whistles in their gobs at Mach 2.

Yep. Thought it was clever of Klopp to bring up their penalty record right after the Southampton game, knowing our next league game is vs Man Utd. Puts pressure on the refs for that game and subsequent ones.

• Upvote 2

On 31/12/2020 at 15:56, dockers_strike said:

I see lots of united fans doing lots of shouting about winning the league this year. Ollie's going to bring them number 21, nailled on apparently.

If that doesnt clear some heads amongst our players, not sure will. We've players returning from injury. Jurgen needs to use them and Im not talking subs in the 87th and 90th minute.

united have got the run of the green with VAR and penalty decisions. Looking again at that Darlow holding Sadio last night, who wouldnt have bet united getting a pen for that?

I just saw that Marcus Rashford has been named as most 'valuable' footballer in Europes top 5 leagues, and therefore, the world, by CIES Football Observatory.

Utterly useless claim but still found it astonishing.

5 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Yep. Thought it was clever of Klopp to bring up their penalty record right after the Southampton game, knowing our next league game is vs Man Utd. Puts pressure on the refs for that game and subsequent ones.

I personally don't think it will make a blind bit of difference. It could just be me but I seem to see a move towards the snide side when pundits/journalists are referencing Klopp now, with the likes of the 'mind games' narrative getting in the way of just reporting his concerns like it is. He may just no longer be flavour of the month but there definitely looks like there has been a shift in attitude towards him.

Fuck them, we'll just have to find a way to win without the level playing field as the refs and pundits don't seem interested in putting it right.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I personally don't think it will make a blind bit of difference. It could just be me but I seem to see a move towards the snide side when pundits/journalists are referencing Klopp now, with the likes of the 'mind games' narrative getting in the way of just reporting his concerns like it is. He may just no longer be flavour of the month but there definitely looks like there has been a shift in attitude towards him.

Fuck them, we'll just have to find a way to win without the level playing field as the refs and pundits don't seem interested in putting it right.

Yeah, he's been here 5 years now so you get the feeling any honeymoon is over. I see that clown sutton  did an article saying how grumpy and moany Jurgen is and how that's the reason the team isnt doing well. Nope, it really aint.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The money and wages they spend ole will have success at some point sporadically. If city get Halaand then either Grealish or Sancho are probably united bound. Either of those players in that team regardless of Ole will be a nightmare. As long as Abhi Dhabi exists its going to be a case of who can mount the best challenge. Still Ole is more of a hinderence to their success than anything. I'd be more worried if they got a top manager or even someone like nagelsmann.