You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

26 minutes ago, niallers said:

Given the way our team struggles to get back into their "rhythm" after a week's break, I doubt it is a big advantage having 9 days off before playing them while Man Utd have only 4 days off after their Burnley game.

• Upvote 1

They've had the run of the green with injuries so far, as well as an insane number of penalties, plus the phrase LiVARpool is so ridiculous, it's not even funny! The respective games against Brighton sum up the difference in decisions just 'amazingly' going their way. About the only thing Liverpool have had in their favor was the small number of fans allowed for a handful of games. That's it, really. 

All that, and they're STILL behind on goal difference IF they win their game in hand and after that jammy win against Wolves. 

They've got a massive fixture pile-up coming with the extra Europa round, and they've yet to face the champions. And if you don't enjoy the games at Old Trafford, consider how they feel coming to Anfield in the Klopp era. 

While they are thereabouts, you can never quite dismiss them, especially in a weird season like this. But if things on any of those fronts bend even slightly back towards Liverpool, then the manc cunts will return to being a puff of dust in the rearview mirror. 

• Upvote 1

It's true that they've enjoyed massive luck and good decisions in their favour, but i'm thinking Europa wouldn't be a big disadvantage at all for United.

They would be fucking off that competition if they are on top or near the top of the table come mid-February. No regular first teamers would be sacrificed for it.

The only way they would start playing first teamers regularly in that competition is if they get to the semis and final. 

8 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

We'll put them in their place in a few weeks when we play them. 

Not if we carry on playing the way we have been, also if we try and play a high line against their attack we will get done time and time again by the long ball.

Like it or not but we are now in a battle with them for the league, until we can sort our defence out we will keep seeing these lacklustre displays which are punished by a goal a game from not being able to catch a speedy attacker.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Not if we carry on playing the way we have been, also if we try and play a high line against their attack we will get done time and time again by the long ball.

Like it or not but we are now in a battle with them for the league, until we can sort our defence out we will keep seeing these lacklustre displays which are punished by a goal a game from not being able to catch a speedy attacker.

Nah they aren’t the big threat. They’re just the bogey men. We are well ahead of them regardless of the problems we’ve had. City are still the only real threat. Bogey men that’s all

Surprising to see quite a few people not taking them seriously.

They have world class talent in attack, they have no injuries of note and they consistently get more penalties than other teams. And their motivation and confidence will obviously be boosted by the results.

We are nowhere near the level of last season, only seem to raise our performance for the big games now. Of course of we continue to do that we’ll be difficult to handle. 

It’s wide open, and they are one of the teams that can clearly win it.

How we manage the issue of our central defence will be vital to our chances, but I dont see us running away with it this season, we’re simply too inconsistent.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skaro said:

They're level with us on points.  Nothing to worry about.

I'm not sure I've looked forward to a match against these more than this one. I get what you mean, they have their strengths and so this contest won't be without its dangers, but I'm backing the reds' record in big games against theirs. 

4 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

The defence isnt costing us..... we are just toothless in attack atm

1 hour ago, A_S said:

I'm not sure I've looked forward to a match against these more than this one. I get what you mean, they have their strengths and so this contest won't be without its dangers, but I'm backing the reds' record in big games against theirs. 

I can't wait to play them either.  

The best way to put distance between them and us is not to rely on their results, but to beat them ourselves.

Hopefully at Old Trafford too.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, skaro said:

They're level with us on points.  Nothing to worry about.

It stopped being absolutely hilarious yesterday how terribly they are currently run, and became very, very concerning.

If we lose the league to Ole Gunner Solskjaer then.... I was trying to think of a cogent simile, but I'm that furious even thinking about it.

• Like 1

@rioferdy5

Happy New Year All

EqraKzrW8AopHHe?format=jpg&name=large

Kip of this hypocritical duck faced twat,...

I guess it shows up how pretty disgusting it was back in March that it wasn’t people’s health they were actually concerned about when now nearly a thousand people are dying every day and the premier league are recording their highest daily reported cases .

March 23rd

I just think the Premier League should just be voided," said Ferdinand on his Instagram page

"Just void it. I know there are going to be a lot of Liverpool fans going 'Oh Rio, it's just because you support Manchester United and it's Liverpool'.

It's not that, it's just that I don't see a way that it can be done, where health isn't compromised. Simple as that.

"All this behind closed doors business, you're still going to have the players there. What, are the players not classed as part of society?

"There are players who are going to go down lame from the illness, who might not have recovered or who will catch it from someone.

"Then it spreads to other players, so it won't be fair, it's not a level playing field, I just don't feel it's right.

And there's going to have to be people in that stadium to man the stadium – security, etcetera, as well in there, which puts everyone at risk.

"At this time, all this 'we're gonna win this or so and so might not go down or so and so might not get promoted', you've got to put those type of things to one side.

"This is about life and death situations, about society and the wider grand scheme of things. So, football, it ain't that serious in that sense.

"Listen, we all love it. I love football, we all love it. But it ain't life or death.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/rio-ferdinand-premier-league-arsenal-17968484

Two gritty wins for the fuckers while we had two poor draws. The margins are tiny. They could have lost against Wolves and they deserved to draw with Villa, while we certainly deserved to beat Newcastle and West Brom, even if against West Brom, we were atrocious.

They have had luck with injuries and var decisions, but they are a good team. They have some world class players and Pogba looks half arsed now - still don't rate him that much but when he's bothered he can be good. Rightly or wrongly, Ole has put together a good team spirit and they want the title big time. They are a worry no doubt. I don't think City have their team spirit.

Others have mentioned it, but if Sadio and the other players appeal that incident against Newcastle, we get a penalty. United and other teams would appeal, yet a few times I've seen us do that. 2 points could be the difference between winning and losing a title.

I love our lads but we need to be a bit snidier. Robbo should be in their ear.

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

@rioferdy5

Happy New Year All

EqraKzrW8AopHHe?format=jpg&name=large

Kip of this hypocritical duck faced twat,...

I guess it shows up how pretty disgusting it was back in March that it wasn’t people’s health they were actually concerned about when now nearly a thousand people are dying every day and the premier league are recording their highest daily reported cases .

Heres to hoping it ages as well as this did

tenor.gif?itemid=15922156

tenor.gif?itemid=15314249

• Downvote 1

They’re are very Leicester 2016 for me. Hopefully it doesn’t end the same way.  

Need to lay a marker down on the next few games and then twat them at Anfield.  They’re not shit but they not that good either.