You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

8 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Could do with Allegri finding gainful employment too, before Ole gets found out.

Allegri could easily be back at Juve shortly; despite winning nine titles on the bounce they’re currently seven points off top after a third of the season. 

Don't believe in any conspiracies, but we've had a bad start injuries wise and are not quite our consistent rolling red machine we were. Hopefully we can build some momentum and they maintain their pattern of epic runs seamlessly intertwined with dogshit on toast.

Have to admit, them winning it would bother me more than almost anyone. After watching them win the league over and over, I'd quite like to bask in our superiority for a couple more seasons before having to worry about them. They haven't paid penance yet.

• Upvote 1

On 24/12/2020 at 08:29, Dr Nowt said:

Agent Rice Krispy held the line just long enough.

Good lad.

It's absolutely ace how he's stringing them along.

Every time you think "they'll sack him for sure this time" they go on just enough of a purple patch in just the right way that will never lead to an actual trophy that they decide to give him another 200m to spend and another two transfer windows to fix things.

If he were to actually be Hodgson-level shite, just pure crap from start to finish it would actually be better for them in the long-term because they'd just sack him. As it is it's actually impressive how long they've managed to keep a manager in place who wouldn't be considered by any other club in the league, including the likes of West Brom or Burnley, if they had a vacancy.

The fact that if they win their two games in hand they are two points behind us just helps with him sticking around longer. Its a false economy for them as it gives them the delusion that they are up there with us. Well pull away in thr second half of the season which will include us smashing them at anfield. 

54 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Oh fuck of BT Sport they have just showed a table since the best midfielder in the world signed on and Crackles boys are 3 points behind us in the league,  talk about fucking cherry picking 

BT Sport are doing a wonderful job, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

BT Sport are doing a wonderful job, in my opinion.

Yeah I see where you're coming from but jesus last season didn't start in January , it boils my piss seeing these stats  if only the season had started when they signed that gimp I really shouldn't let it get to me but for some reason it does .

59 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Yeah I see where you're coming from but jesus last season didn't start in January , it boils my piss seeing these stats  if only the season had started when they signed that gimp I really shouldn't let it get to me but for some reason it does .

Yeah, I get that but it's working brilliantly for us at the moment. The constant blowing smoke up that club's arse is ensuring they don't actually get a decent manager. 

That and the utter pain for the fans having to balance pretending to be above wanting really shit managers sacked and enduring having a really shit manager.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

It does seem like the kind of thing liverpool supporters were doing during the last 30 years, let them have their half season stats, didn't work for us and it won't work for them.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

The fact that if they win their two games in hand they are two points behind us just helps with him sticking around longer. Its a false economy for them as it gives them the delusion that they are up there with us. Well pull away in thr second half of the season which will include us smashing them at anfield. 

Chelsea were shit hot and sure to put pressure on us, until they started shitting the bed. Leicester looked like the dream was on again and Rodgers was a genius, until we twatted them. Then Spurs were irresistible... until we beat them. Now, United are the convenient next in line. If Everton stick about, they'll be next. 

The TV companies just want a dramatic drum to beat.  Until City play their games in hand, there'll be a rotating cast of characters. United also haven't had to play us yet. Everyone else around them has.

Only thing that worries me right now is that we're already 4 points back from where we should be thanks to shit refs.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Pidge said:

Chelsea were shit hot and sure to put pressure on us, until they started shitting the bed. Leicester looked like the dream was on again and Rodgers was a genius, until we twatted them. Then Spurs were irresistible... until we beat them. Now, United are the convenient next in line. If Everton stick about, they'll be next. 

The TV companies just want a dramatic drum to beat.  Until City play their games in hand, there'll be a rotating cast of characters. United also haven't had to play us yet. Everyone else around them has.

Only thing that worries me right now is that we're already 4 points back from where we should be thanks to shit refs.

To be fair...

It’s only three years since Chelsea did the double, and they spaffed an unconscionable amount of money in the summer;

Leicester were the title winners before them, and are a solid top six team who are better placed than most to become a regular top four side as Arsenal continue to decline;

Manchester United may be managed by a gimp but they have an insanely expensive and well-remunerated squad that’s packed with international players;

Manchester City have won four of the last nine titles;

I don’t wholly discount Spurs with Mourinho at the helm, although it would be a grindingly dull title win.

All five of those teams ought to be in the conversation for the title race, even if you wouldn’t put your money on them. 

The one side who stick out like a sore thumb in that list are Everton. 

4 minutes ago, Ron B said:

To be fair...

It’s only three years since Chelsea did the double, and they spaffed an unconscionable amount of money in the summer;

Leicester were the title winners before them, and are a solid top six team who are better placed than most to become a regular top four side as Arsenal continue to decline;

Manchester United may be managed by a gimp but they have an insanely expensive and well-remunerated squad that’s packed with international players;

Manchester City have won four of the last nine titles;

I don’t wholly discount Spurs with Mourinho at the helm, although it would be a grindingly dull title win.

The one side who stick out like a sore thumb in that list are Everton. 

They're all very good teams, but I'd be surprised if, at this point in their development, anyone other than City were up there come the end of the season. My point was just that every short burst of good form is being elevated by the media as they need to drive a narrative.

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

They're all very good teams, but I'd be surprised if, at this point in their development, anyone other than City were up there come the end of the season. My point was just that every short burst of good form is being elevated by the media as they need to drive a narrative.

Wouldn't surprise me if Utd are our closest challengers unfortunately .