You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hopefully the Chosen One delivers a fatal blow to them today. 

I think part of the reason is that at Old Trafford teams are more conservative and they struggle to break them down and often the away team catches them on the break with players like Zaha. 

Those same teams know that they are bang average and go for it when playing at home, but that actually suits United against 12-13 of the teams in the league because they have pace and can get in behind teams especially with Fernandes picking passes, who to be fair taking aside all the penalties he scores is a very good player. 

I think you are bang on there. I don’t really watch enough of them to have an opinion on individual players. But reading through the posts on here (which I love to do especially when they get beat) people would have you think Fernandes is shite. Penalties aside.

7 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I think you are bang on there. I don’t really watch enough of them to have an opinion on individual players. But reading through the posts on here (which I love to do especially when they get beat) people would have you think Fernandes is shite. Penalties aside.

He seems like a bit of a leader as well. I actually think in Fernandes, Van De Beek and Cavani they have signed some really good players in the last year. Always rated Cavani very highly but it's a bit of a five to midnight signing, in that there is a high chance he could pick up a few injuries as he's nearly 34. 

Think the thing with Fernandes is that he does a simple enough pass and you would swear you were watching peak Xavi or Iniesta. The bloke on BT (Fletch?) is awful for that.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's so obvious there is no plan other than "give it to Fernandes". And to his credit, he is somewhat holding them together.

They’ll be really fucked if he gets a long term injury, the only creativity they have comes from him. How a team that so regularly stinks the place out has won 9 away games in a row is a mystery that Arthur C Clarke would be completely perplexed by.

A comical failed experiment. The marketing stuff when he signed was great. The #Pogback stuff. Fantastic.

The funny thing is, he was always very good in a solid structure. France, Juve, etc... He's obviously to blame for being generally lackadaisical during his time there, but Man United basically just ruin everything these days. Pogba included. In an alternate universe where he was a Liverpool player managed by Klopp, he'd be world class.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

A comical failed experiment. The marketing stuff when he signed was great. The #Pogback stuff. Fantastic.

The funny thing is, he was always very good in a solid structure. France, Juve, etc... He's obviously to blame for being generally lackadaisical during his time there, but Man United basically just ruin everything these days. Pogba included. In an alternate universe where he was a Liverpool player managed by Klopp, he'd be world class.

Yeah he’s got talent to burn but even if Klopp inherited him he would get him out of the club as soon as he could.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

He’s good with France, he really is, because he’s managed by Deschamps on a daily basis. DD is a very strong character, he’s won everything. He’s too immature to look after himself.