You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

On 11/10/2020 at 14:18, Jairzinho said:

I agree, it should be Giggs. However, if he's overlooked in favour of Paul Ince you could understand their thinking.

When Paul Ince was MK Dons manager, he had his own personal space (with his name written on it!) at the Asda store that was a five-minute walk from the ground. 

17 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

I'd feel sad if they sacked Ole just yet. There is another year or two at least left in him, surely to christ. 

They should slap a blank contract in front of him, and let him fill in how much he wants and for how long. Hopefully it's at least £1m per week and at least 10 years.

On 11/10/2020 at 17:33, SlugTrail said:

Maybe because when VVD played he looked like the world best and expensive player.

We paid a world record fee for the best car in the world, Utd then paid more for a Datsun Cherry.

See also - Chelsea paying more for Kepa than we did for Alisson.

Bruno Fernandes is unhappy with Manchester United’s lack of signings this summer and no longer believes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is up to the task, according to a damaging report.

The strong allegation comes from journalist Duncan Castles, who made the claim on the Transfer Window Podcast. United made four signings on deadline day, including Alex Telles and Edinson Cavani. The arrival of the Uruguayan though has left Paul Scholes, for one, bemused.

However, United missed out on most of their top targets, with the club failing to land a new right winger. The Red Devils made three botched attempts to land Jadon Sancho. Their efforts though did not amuse Borussia Dortmund, who stuck rigidly to their £108m asking price. Their last-ditch bid to land Ousmane Dembele also fell through after the Barcelona star opted to stay put.

In fact, United also failed to land their all four top targets this summer, according to a report. Now Castles says those failings, together with their poor start to the season that saw them lose 6-1 at home to Tottenham, have seriously frustrated Fernandes. He says Fernandes feels United should not be losing so comprehensively at home. Castles also alleges that the Portuguese star is fuming by their failure to strengthen properly this summer.

The damaging report also suggests Fernandes does not think Solskjaer can turn United’s form around. In addition, he confirmed reports that Fernandes’ reported rage at half-time against Spurs, is accurate.

Castles said: “What I’m hearing, and this is coming from a source very close to the player, is that Fernandes’ opinion of Solskjaer is similar to that of other senior members of the team. He doesn’t feel like [Solskjaer] is strong enough to manage the squad. He feels he doesn’t have the capabilities to push the players they have forward in the direction they should go.

“On top of that, I understand Fernandes is angry with the club because what they did in the summer. It does not cohere with his expectations of what would happen when he arrived. They haven’t, in his view, signed players required to improve what is obviously a substandard squad. They’re not to the level where they can fight for titles against Manchester City, Liverpool and Europe in the Champions League.

“There is a discontent with the club and a discontent with the manager. It’s not entirely surprising to me that this has happened, it’s a common pattern in the dressing room – this opinion of Solskjaer.”

Furthermore, he claims United are thinking about two potential replacements. “Fernandes is notorious for being highly competitive as an individual,” Castles continued. “He comes across as a very nice and unassuming individual, but talking to those who know him it’s a different story.

“I think this adds significantly to the pressure on Solskjaer. United have this long-standing interest in Mauricio Pochettino. But there are other options on the market including Max Allegri. He isn’t in contact with United but would be a candidate.”

20 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Bruno Fernandes is unhappy with Manchester United’s lack of signings this summer and no longer believes Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is up to the task, according to a damaging report.

The strong allegation comes from journalist Duncan Castles, who made the claim on the Transfer Window Podcast. United made four signings on deadline day, including Alex Telles and Edinson Cavani. The arrival of the Uruguayan though has left Paul Scholes, for one, bemused.

However, United missed out on most of their top targets, with the club failing to land a new right winger. The Red Devils made three botched attempts to land Jadon Sancho. Their efforts though did not amuse Borussia Dortmund, who stuck rigidly to their £108m asking price. Their last-ditch bid to land Ousmane Dembele also fell through after the Barcelona star opted to stay put.

In fact, United also failed to land their all four top targets this summer, according to a report. Now Castles says those failings, together with their poor start to the season that saw them lose 6-1 at home to Tottenham, have seriously frustrated Fernandes. He says Fernandes feels United should not be losing so comprehensively at home. Castles also alleges that the Portuguese star is fuming by their failure to strengthen properly this summer.

The damaging report also suggests Fernandes does not think Solskjaer can turn United’s form around. In addition, he confirmed reports that Fernandes’ reported rage at half-time against Spurs, is accurate.

Castles said: “What I’m hearing, and this is coming from a source very close to the player, is that Fernandes’ opinion of Solskjaer is similar to that of other senior members of the team. He doesn’t feel like [Solskjaer] is strong enough to manage the squad. He feels he doesn’t have the capabilities to push the players they have forward in the direction they should go.

“On top of that, I understand Fernandes is angry with the club because what they did in the summer. It does not cohere with his expectations of what would happen when he arrived. They haven’t, in his view, signed players required to improve what is obviously a substandard squad. They’re not to the level where they can fight for titles against Manchester City, Liverpool and Europe in the Champions League.

“There is a discontent with the club and a discontent with the manager. It’s not entirely surprising to me that this has happened, it’s a common pattern in the dressing room – this opinion of Solskjaer.”

Furthermore, he claims United are thinking about two potential replacements. “Fernandes is notorious for being highly competitive as an individual,” Castles continued. “He comes across as a very nice and unassuming individual, but talking to those who know him it’s a different story.

“I think this adds significantly to the pressure on Solskjaer. United have this long-standing interest in Mauricio Pochettino. But there are other options on the market including Max Allegri. He isn’t in contact with United but would be a candidate.”

Come on Bruno. You know he's the man for the job. He's just not been backed properly. Ole can turn it around. Just have a little more faith. Hell the same weekend you lost to Spurs, Liverpool (the current champions) lost away to Villa 7-2! Freak results happen. Believe in Ole. All will be ok!

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, he's just realised he's signed for the 1980s version of manchester united, not the 1994 to 2012 version!

Here's hoping he's the updated version of Robson and he's soon be plagued with a multitude of niggling injuries.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

"Alleges", "my understanding", "according to", "sources close to"

I don't know, I'm thinking this Castles chap is making stuff up.

53 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I like the stuff he is making up.

He should make some stuff up about Harry Maguire being a top player.

Harry Maguire is a top player. Much in the same way that 'top' men were studying the Ark of the Covenant...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If reports in one or two sports websites are to be believed, it seems pressure is mounting on the rice crispy kid from his own players grumbling about training regimes and things.

The gimp's not going to last much past the New Year, if he's lucky at this rate, is he? Will be a sad, sad day when it happens.

I can't believe they haven't sold Pogba. Is there fear to admit that both parties, the club and Pogba, have wasted their time here? It's been years since it's felt he's wanted to be there, his performances have been inconsistent and the club hasn't won anything major with him there. Just don't get the point.

I know the move wouldn’t ever happen for a variety of reasons, but can you imagine our midfield if we signed Pogba? Just think of it:

Thiago

Henderson  Wijnaldum

(Assuming Fabinho’s at centre half of course)

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

They've turned another corner and their season starts here according to Crackle.

On another note, I think we should get the phrase Snidey Fucking Goblin out of retirement for this clown.

That was a trade mark of houllier in that last season he was here. Every time we got 3 points we'd turned a corner no matter how shite we were. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That was a trade mark of houllier in that last season he was here. Every time we got 3 points we'd turned a corner no matter how shite we were. 

I would go back further to the Roy Evans days myself. We were always one new signing or half decent run away from challenging only to then be shown up by a Coventry.

• Upvote 1