You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

6 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Everything is spot on. 

This is a uniquely good time to be a Liverpool fan because, not only are we doing brilliantly, we're watching them repeat many or our mistakes. 

The beauty of it all is that the mancs' fans are complicit in the club's undoing, they demand these managers (Mourinho, then they wanted Giggs them they wanted Solksjaer) and the club's leadership are terrified of making any longterm strategic decisions because they have to feed the beast lest a mob marches on their houses, literally. 

Nobody will ever be given time there, nobody will ever be able to put a plan in place, they will always be throwing good money after bad at the latest name - be they managerial or on the playing side - to placate a mob of spoiled fans who were raised having everything their own way and can no longer deal with reality.

This is where decades of PR spin, of Argos catalogues full of fucking Cantona figures, of having 'football club' removed from your crest for marketing purposes, of repeating the phrase 'biggest club in the world' ad infinitum in the hope it makes it true, comes back to bite you on the arse. Gary Neville in his current role is doing a sterling job of perpetuating this horseshit at the moment, kudos  to the wee man, long may his ears remain closed to the pied piper's penny whistle.  

• Upvote 15

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Everything is spot on. 

This is a uniquely good time to be a Liverpool fan because, not only are we doing brilliantly, we're watching them repeat many or our mistakes. 

The beauty of it all is that the mancs' fans are complicit in the club's undoing, they demand these managers (Mourinho, then they wanted Giggs them they wanted Solksjaer) and the club's leadership are terrified of making any longterm strategic decisions because they have to feed the beast lest a mob marches on their houses, literally. 

Nobody will ever be given time there, nobody will ever be able to put a plan in place, they will always be throwing good money after bad at the latest name - be they managerial or on the playing side - to placate a mob of spoiled fans who were raised having everything their own way and can no longer deal with reality.

This is where decades of PR spin, of Argos catalogues full of fucking Cantona figures, of having 'football club' removed from your crest for marketing purposes, of repeating the phrase 'biggest club in the world' ad infinitum in the hope it makes it true, comes back to bite you on the arse. Gary Neville in his current role is doing a sterling job of perpetuating this horseshit at the moment, kudos  to the wee man, long may his ears remain closed to the pied piper's penny whistle.  

The mad thing is Woodward and the Glazers have actually given them all the tools to be a success.

They got Moyes off the back of Ferguson's recommendation. If they chose someone else that would be akin to going against the wishes of Paisley or Shanks here. They then went and got Van Gaal, who is (was) a brilliant manager. Nothing wrong with that decision especially as he had just taken Holland to a wc semi final. They then get Mourinho who at the time was an a list manager. Ole was a stop gap while they picked a top manager. He went on a run and the crowd wanted him, so they had to give it to him.

They have supported all the managers financially. Moyes was the only one who perhaps wasn't. Yet, they think that big name signings are the answer.

The reality is it's a cultural mindset in that club. They are like us in the mid 90s. There is no good senior pro left. At least around 93 or 94, we still had Rush, Barnes, Nicol, Whelan and Molby. They have nobody of that ilk. They have some great talents but without guidance, they won't reach their potential. Their captain is clearly a lying scumbag who hasn't the backbone to admit he was a knobhead. In Brexit Britain, he is a champion to a public that thinks Johnny Foreigner is all corrupt and nasty. Imagine a gutless coward leading you. 

I still worry that they could click in the next few years but they certainly won't with that clown managing them. We have seen what a great manager does to a club here and even across the park, the Ev are already a much better team with Carlo. 

They go on about a project but could they give up 3 years to allow the next Jurgen Klopp time to reset a whole club. Like fuck they will. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The mad thing is Woodward and the Glazers have actually given them all the tools to be a success.

They got Moyes off the back of Ferguson's recommendation. If they chose someone else that would be akin to going against the wishes of Paisley or Shanks here. They then went and got Van Gaal, who is (was) a brilliant manager. Nothing wrong with that decision especially as he had just taken Holland to a wc semi final. They then get Mourinho who at the time was an a list manager. Ole was a stop gap while they picked a top manager. He went on a run and the crowd wanted him, so they had to give it to him.

They have supported all the managers financially. Moyes was the only one who perhaps wasn't. Yet, they think that big name signings are the answer.

The reality is it's a cultural mindset in that club. They are like us in the mid 90s. There is no good senior pro left. At least around 93 or 94, we still had Rush, Barnes, Nicol, Whelan and Molby. They have nobody of that ilk. They have some great talents but without guidance, they won't reach their potential. Their captain is clearly a lying scumbag who hasn't the backbone to admit he was a knobhead. In Brexit Britain, he is a champion to a public that thinks Johnny Foreigner is all corrupt and nasty. Imagine a gutless coward leading you. 

I still worry that they could click in the next few years but they certainly won't with that clown managing them. We have seen what a great manager does to a club here and even across the park, the Ev are already a much better team with Carlo. 

They go on about a project but could they give up 3 years to allow the next Jurgen Klopp time to reset a whole club. Like fuck they will. 

They've wasted nearly two years with Solksjaer.

24 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Absolutely but every time he's about to be fired, he goes on a 13 game run of great results. It's actually hillarious. 

I think this is where the magic happens with people like Gary Neville. Solksjaer is a tit and a proven failure who by all accounts has them training like he did in the 90s, suprised Brian Kidd hasn't continued to steal a living there with some moonlighting. You can never have enough footballs in nets. 

But regardless of the results Neville comes on screaming about Ed Woodward, he's doing us all a massive favour. 

If you gave Solksjaer our squad it'd be like giving Henry the Eighth an Apple Mac. 

Long may he reign, that's why I wasn't that bothered about them doing okay at the end of last season, as soon as Rio Ferdinand and the other bellends start talking about title challenges and biggest club in the world being back and all that bollocks it's great, cos it's another 100 million or whatever down the pan. 

• Upvote 2

My only concern is the chubby hamster seemingly sitting off waiting for either Ole to get the boot or Guardiola to fuck off. Don’t mind him going to City at all, he’d be a downgrade for them and it’s already a 21st century club.

He’d massively help United modernise their whole infrastructure on the playing side though, and I don’t want to see that while there’s more comically terrible retrograde decisions for them to make and self-inflicted disasters for us to savour.

They badly need to fuck Pogba off. I just don't get it at all with him. he is utter fucking shite. Yeah he had a great world cup and yeah he was boss in Serie A but he cant hack the premier league. His first touch is worse than Buster Bloodvessels. Absolute gobshite as well. 

I hope Rashford fucks them off. Love that lad. 

Well I don't love him like but I like him. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Spot on, Ronnie lad. They are exactly where we were during our 'wilderness' years. They're making all the wrong decisions (delightfully so) and the beauty ofit is, until the fans turn against the inept solskjaer the board will stick with him until they do or they are in such a bad state they have no option to wield the axe.

Id go as far as to suggest they are now at the point we were when souey was manager. I honestly think even if they did get a decent manager in, they wouldnt be title challengers. Right now, I see them in a fight for top 4 with a number of teams.

2 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

That Goldbridge twerp is telling all his followers to back the Spunk Goblin and direct their ire at the board as they haven't backed him!  Their delusion is glorious.

Just been saying this to the old girl. The mongs cannot see even if they bought a new centre back for slabhead or Lindeloff, it's a new manager who is tactically aware they need and the fans will lump the blame for performances on the board \ owners.

I think they’ve done well to reach mid-September before suffering their first league defeat of the campaign. What? Oh. 

Anyway, they have a tricky run of fixtures ahead, which might not be alleviated any by having their very short pre-season compounded by still trying to rebuild their squad before the transfer market closes in October. In the Prem their next six are Brighton away, Spurs, Newcastle away, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Everton away. I’m not convinced they’ll have more than eight points on the board at the end of that. 

Think we may be close to seeing the beginning of the end. Shame really because I was enjoying Ole. Arteta is a Pep wannabe but he looks like he has something about him, all it needs is Arteta or Jose to get a tune out their squads and Ole is toast. I wonder how long it will take for me to hate Poch? He always looked and sounded like a genuinely good fella.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think this is where the magic happens with people like Gary Neville. Solksjaer is a tit and a proven failure who by all accounts has them training like he did in the 90s, suprised Brian Kidd hasn't continued to steal a living there with some moonlighting. You can never have enough footballs in nets. 

But regardless of the results Neville comes on screaming about Ed Woodward, he's doing us all a massive favour. 

If you gave Solksjaer our squad it'd be like giving Henry the Eighth an Apple Mac. 

Long may he reign, that's why I wasn't that bothered about them doing okay at the end of last season, as soon as Rio Ferdinand and the other bellends start talking about title challenges and biggest club in the world being back and all that bollocks it's great, cos it's another 100 million or whatever down the pan. 

the thing is they have some good players and when there's no onus on them to win, they set themselves up negatively and give some of the decent sides a game. they're so poor not, most of the rest of the top 6 fancy their chances against them, but leave themselves open to the counter - and really only us defend pretty well out of the decent sides. so i think he will keep getting credible wins and they will continue to think they've turned a corner. then they'll knock over 3 or 4 crap teams until there's real expectation on them to win, then they'll lose 3 in 4 or something. and while that cycle continues and ole keeps his job, i am made up. 

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pochettino is not going to change the culture/infrastructure at United - Mourinho couldn't - neither could Van Gaal and they are both better managers than he is.

Thats the glory - the manager is the least of their problems.

Yep.

The mancs aren't really a football fandom,  they're a society of wankers. 

It's well known  that after the Munich disaster they attracted a lot of sympathy fans, people who weren't really into footy but decided to keep 'an eye out' for their results. The mancs capitalised on this with a slick PR operation, George Best and all the rest of it, so they became the club of the people who had no club. If you were from Portsmouth or Bradford or wherever the fuck and didn't want to support your own club because they weren't at the top table, you followed the mancs. 

Problem with that is, when the bough breaks and the shit hit the fan, they felt like they'd been shafted. They didn't sign up to  be also rans, they signed up to win everything so they could somehow lay claim to it during office and pub banter, like it was something they themselves have achieved. United fans in my experience don't love winning for winnings' sake, they love winning so they can try and put you down. 

Every real fan knows that, outside of a dedicated hard core, united fans aren't realy footy fans. Clubs all over Europe sing our songs and bond in the squares when there's CL games, when united fans are in Europe  they take union jacks with them, sing about scousers, and usually end up getting their heads kicked in.  

• Upvote 5

The parallels between Busby and Fergusson is pretty similar , Busby built 2 great sides Fergusson many more but the drop off after both had been in charge for years is unbelievable they were spoilt  under Busby and equally spoilt under Fergusson the danger was always going to be what followed after. 

Moyes should never have been hired he was completely out of his depth as was Farrell and McGuinness and that ended in relegation,  now there Is no danger of them going down obviously but the drop off from the glory years  is just as alarming and they find themselves back amongst their piers .

The fact that we've hired the manager they wanted and are doing outstandingly well must be cutting them to the quick as somebody said earlier they need a quality coach who will be given time to turn that mess around and I doubt if they have the patience for that,  long may they continue down this one way road they are currently on .

I wouldn't write off Pochettino doing well there. The right manager, with a decent budget, can do wonders.

Their issue is much like the England national team, they appointed older - more tactical and defensive - managers. Sven and Capello were fine managers, but ill suited to the players and ethos they needed. Similar to Van Gaal and Mourinho at Utd. 

As with England, rather that getting an established manager, who favours intensity and pressing (like Bielsa), they've gone for a young gimp who is thoroughly untested purely based on a supposed "connection".

I dont think it would take too much to turn them around. I think Pochetino could do it. They are absolutely loaded. The right man the right amount of time and backing you transform a team. Look at what Klopp done with us okay Klopps a genius but if they get a top tier coach they could change their fortunes. Blows my mind Ancelotti is at fucking Everton thats like messi playing for Mansfield Town.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Think we may be close to seeing the beginning of the end. Shame really because I was enjoying Ole. Arteta is a Pep wannabe but he looks like he has something about him, all it needs is Arteta or Jose to get a tune out their squads and Ole is toast. I wonder how long it will take for me to hate Poch? He always looked and sounded like a genuinely good fella.

I'm not so sure, Ole is doing a great job for the Glazer's, they know in the end the supporters will turn on him but in the meantime he's just happy to be there fobbing off the supporters and not putting any pressure on the board. The class of 92 are fully enabling Ole, the Glazer's don't give a shit about the fans opinions.

If they really nosedive that might change but I suspect the pattern is set, unbeaten unconvincing runs followed by a routine series of defeats and repeat. Never challenging but usually finishing 3rd - 6th. Ole just offering enough to convince them the corner is about to be turned.

If Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea got their act together they might eventually do something about it but they're almost as inconsistent.

The reality is they're probably only a decent manager away from being a much better side. Not good enough to win but comfortably top four with an occasional half-hearted title challenge.

Long may Ole continue.

If they were going down the Pochettino route then they could / should have done it in the summer but obviously they were prepared to continue with Crackle and his obvious failings .

How long do people think Pochettino is prepared to sit waiting in the wings for Ole to implode and the job gets harder ? .

The Glazers know if they change the manager there will be expectations to bring in his transfer targets to build his vision of the sqaud so they will be in no hurry. It would just be endless expense. 

A small point but Luke Shaw is a shit full back. The centre backs are getting most of the stick but he's really poor.  Replacing him would help them a great deal so I hope they don't.