You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

They're almost back to where they were when Busby retired. No mark run of the mill managers and a team that isnt famous for anything any more. As a mate of mine used to say through the 70s and 80s, they're just a fucking name.

I hope they keep solskjaer in harness for years to come although I suspect he'll be gone by christmas if results are shit.

Need them to go on a good run beating mid/lower table shite to get their hopes up. Luckily there aren't too many good managers available to make much of a difference. Good thing is the while structure of the club is fucked so any good manager is up against it from the word go.

3 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Maguire for £80m is absolutely one of my favourite opposition transfers of all time. He’s such a grock. 

In fairness to Maguire, Lindelof was also fucking garbage.  He was snoozing soundly for Zaha's goal.

You hate to see it, you really do.

The myth that Solskjaer hasn't been backed in the transfer market is starting to gain strength again. 

They spent shit loads of money. But just spent it really poorly. 

On the one hand, it's quite annoying to see them falsely portrayed as some poor, unfortunate souls who'd be winning stuff again if they weren't bring hamstrung by the nasty men in suits. 

But, on the other hand, it's funny and relieving to see them do anything possible to avoid having to point out the elephant in the room - Solskjaer. He's a cult hero for them, which explains their hesitancy to criticise him. But, it's patently clear. He never has been, nor ever will be, a top level coach. It's hard to shit on someone you love and adore. But, the penny dropped for us with the second coming of Dalglish. Even if you could argue that his sacking was a tad harsh. But, this lot still seem to be ignoring the shortcomings of Mr. At The Wheel. 

Long may that outlook continue, I say. They'll get the Norwich City scarves out again, before they see that a former Molde and Cardiff City manager might be the real issue they have. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The myth that Solskjaer hasn't been backed in the transfer market is starting to gain strength again. 

They spent shit loads of money. But just spent it really poorly. 

On the one hand, it's quite annoying to see them falsely portrayed as some poor, unfortunate souls who'd be winning stuff again if they weren't bring hamstrung by the nasty men in suits. 

But, on the other hand, it's funny and relieving to see them do anything possible to avoid having to point out the elephant in the room - Solskjaer. He's a cult hero for them, which explains their hesitancy to criticise him. But, it's patently clear. He never has been, nor ever will be, a top level coach. It's hard to shit on someone you love and adore. But, the penny dropped for us with the second coming of Dalglish. Even if you could argue that his sacking was a tad harsh. But, this lot still seem to be ignoring the shortcomings of Mr. At The Wheel. 

Long may that outlook continue, I say. They'll get the Norwich City scarves out again, before they see that a former Molde and Cardiff City manager might be the real issue they have. 

Being a great player for the club didnt get Souey any more time either. Yes, I know there was that story he sold to the rag but even without that, the fans could see it wasnt going to end well and he'd managed to win the FA Cup.

The free ride solskjaer gets makes me smile. As you say, he's a cult hero to them but even cult heros have to deliver especially when their bette noir, us, start winning big trophies.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

They've spent over a billion on transfers since Ferguson left, and nearly a quarter of that since last season. It's just been stunningly bad recruitment of managers and players.

I hope they give him all the time in the world. They've already had at least 2 false dawns with him. I can only imagine the meltdown if Leicester hadnt collapsed or Spurs had been more consistent and united missed out on CL qualification again.

Depending on the draw they're given, it will be interesting to see if they get past the group stage. Their co efficient cannot be that high so as to give them their usual easy group after all this time, can it?

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I see Baconface was at OT yesterday.  He was looking well, considering his recent health scare. I genuinely hope he stays well and healthy long enough to watch us lift our 21st as they continue in their rut of spendthrift mediocrity.

Baconface ? How disrespectful! It’s Sir Baconface don’t you know? 

3 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

That’s fantastic. Living where I do I know many Manc fans that think this way. The shirts are all back on display and the cockiness is there but they don’t see this at all.  

Long may it continue.