You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

How many stories has he had now?  Rival fans shouting abuse at him, his sister got stabbed with a sharp object, his sister got injected with a substance, it wasn’t him that offered the bribe it was one of his mates and I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting.

He’s clearly now had a few days to sit down with a solicitor to concoct his version of events around the known facts and witness-less events.  The problem now is why is this the first time he’s mentioned being kidnapped and why isn’t he giving any information to the build up to the police arriving?  Why were none of the sister incidents reported at the time?

He should have just said sorry I hardly ever drink and I got absolutely bladdered and got into a fight.  I can’t remember it but if the police are saying I’ve lashed out and offered to pay money to get out then it must be the truth.  It’s embarrassing but I’ll take whatever punishment they deem necessary.  He would have got a fine and sent packing.  Instead he’s accusing the police of being bullshitters which was never going to go down well and he’s doing interviews where he’s blatantly lying.

• Upvote 1

Funny if the Police beat his legs how there's not a sign of bruising in that interview where he's wearing shorts. Oh sorry, he's a footballer so doesnt bruise!

When my mates got baton whipped by the Rome police in the Stadio Oimpico in 84, they had big red wealds on their arms and legs within minutes of being beaten and big fuck off bruising the next day!

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

How many stories has he had now?  Rival fans shouting abuse at him, his sister got stabbed with a sharp object, his sister got injected with a substance, it wasn’t him that offered the bribe it was one of his mates and I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting.

He’s clearly now had a few days to sit down with a solicitor to concoct his version of events around the known facts and witness-less events.  The problem now is why is this the first time he’s mentioned being kidnapped and why isn’t he giving any information to the build up to the police arriving?  Why were none of the sister incidents reported at the time?

He should have just said sorry I hardly ever drink and I got absolutely bladdered and got into a fight.  I can’t remember it but if the police are saying I’ve lashed out and offered to pay money to get out then it must be the truth.  It’s embarrassing but I’ll take whatever punishment they deem necessary.  He would have got a fine and sent packing.  Instead he’s accusing the police of being bullshitters which was never going to go down well and he’s doing interviews where he’s blatantly lying.

Neil Ashton, united's new PR spin guru is making up some batshit crazy excuses. And repeating 'Im not sorry'? Sounds like the exact attitude that has got him in this shit in the first place.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Neil Ashton, united's new PR spin guru is making up some batshit crazy excuses. And repeating 'Im not sorry'? Sounds like the exact attitude that has got him in this shit in the first place.

This is the problem right here.

A man who used to work for the S*n, using his connections and relationships with the media bigwigs to curry favour for a player and invent a defense from whole cloth.

If he'd just come out and apologised, it would have been forgotten by now. But he's being advised by the gobshite who wrote that hit-piece on Michael Edwards (remember? mocking him for having air conditioning in his office?) and he's applying all his "competence" to the situation.

Even reading red cafe it looks like Harrys clear the air interview has been a disaster. Thinking of it why do these celebs continue with these one on one redemption interviews? They all end up backfiring, Lady Dai started the craze and the outcome should have sounded a warning. 

Harrys interview would have gone better if hed come out in this state 

This prat needs to man up, admit he got smashed, couldn't handle it and made an ass of himself with the cops. 
His story has more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese.

Still, it gives the opposition fans plenty of banter for the rest of his career.  

The thing is in a post-Brexit world, this knobhead is the poster child for a decent English lad out for a quiet night out who is being shockingly treated by corrupt foreign cops. 

He couldn't look more of a middle Englander if he tried. If that was a scouse footballer they would throw the book at him. If that was Rooney, he would have been found guilty by the press within hours so not even a United thing.

• Upvote 1

Just watched that video. A couple of questions I'd like to ask Harry.

1) if you thought you were being kidnapped why wouldn't you offer to pay? You are rich afterall, your friends and family are in danger and these guys clearly aren't police so it couldn't be considered a bribe. Why not try pay them off?

2) Why did you run away? Was your sister not in the vehicle in desperate need of medical attention? Are you the type that leaves friends and family with Albanian kidnappers? Surely you were aware the rest of your group are not as fast as you and would have got caught?

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Harry thought he was being kidnapped so ran away, scared for his life, er ok arry what happened before this alleged so called kidnapping?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/27/harry-maguire-says-he-was-scared-for-his-life-in-first-interview-since-arrest

My sister's eyes rolled back in her head. Obviously that couldn't be the 50 grand I spent on booze in the afternoon, it had to be she'd been drugged, injected and we were getting kidnapped. Prick. 

It's funny how when you're rich you get to give 'your side of the story' when you're convicted. Let's empty the Scrubs and give them all their own show. 

"Yeah I threw acid on a pizza delivery rider and stole his iPhone, but that's because I needed to phone my nan who has irritable bowel syndrome." 

• Upvote 4

Not saying sorry won't help him at all.

I can believe a version of his story - I can imagine being pissed and confused in that situation, surrounded by plain clothes policemen and being worried they weren't the police. Questions certainly need to be asked about why the police felt they needed to chase down the minibus if nothing incidental happened at the bar as he claims?

But if his version of the events are true, he still needs to make an apology even if he qualifies it with being afraid of what was happening.

As regards the retrial, will there really be any other verdict than guilty? He doesn't dispute resisting arrest and his testimony will not be believed over that of a policeman. If anything his punishment will be increased for wasting everyone's time and not apologizing.

• Upvote 1