You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

42 minutes ago, Peter Cormack said:

Wait forthe express mail and scum to come out with greek police anti-english bias and brutality stories. slabhead was framed obviously because he’s rich and famous.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/21/how-did-model-professional-harry-maguire-end-up-in-custody-in-greece

Maguire has been a hero during the pandemic, helping to ensure that food parcels were delivered to the elderly in Mosborough, the Yorkshire village in which he grew up, and playing a lead role in United’s charitable work and the Players Together initiative that raised funds for the NHS. Nobody could have foreseen his lurch from lockdown to lock-up. Maguire is understood to be devastated.

It's already started, in stark contrast to what other players from different teams might experience. I await the prime minister commenting on this. Alleged ABH on police officers while resisting arrest, alleged bribery. But remember he's a hero. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/08/21/manchester-united-captain-harry-maguire-arrested-alleged-incident/

The Manchester United captain was said to be facing a worst-case-scenario prison term of two years if prosecutors reviewing his arrest on the island of Mykonos pursue a charge on Saturday of aggravated assault.

The bribery offence was said to relate to one of the two other men who were arrested with him in the early hours.

"The policemen that intervened were secret police, in plain clothes, so it is possible that Maguire and his friends did not understand that they were police officers," one source close to the investigation claimed. "One of the men allegedly attempted to bribe the police when they were taken in the precinct."

Paul Anast, a Greek legal expert and investigator, told Telegraph Sport that many cases of this kind get thrown out, but he added: "If it was not an accident and it was an aggravated result, it could be two years in jail. But if you are sentenced, you can appeal and will be released immediately, which is the law for anything like this under two years. You can then leave the country."

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Just seen Jamie Ohara has said United should sign Suarez. 

As if he'd consider singing for that lot. 

Is he on the wind up? Did anyone bite? Suarez might be better in goal actually. 

I'm sure even Utd could get a tune out of Suarez, he could join Cantona and Maguire in their list of legends. 

Maybe it's because he's gormless and isn't a diving little knobhead, but he would be low down on the list of twats at the club.

He might have been a twat in this incident, but on a human level I wouldn't like to see anyone get prison time. Obviously, very unlikely that he will.

On a Liverpool level, it throws their preparation for next season into a chaotic start. A few 3-4 month injuries to their best players to go with this and I'll be chuffed.

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Just seen Jamie Ohara has said United should sign Suarez. 

As if he'd consider singing for that lot. 

I dunno. I could see him belting out some Oasis or New Order.  Maybe a bit of Quo in there too. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Have Evertonians condemned Harry Maguires actions yet?

Just imagine if it had been Henderson, or even worse, a few years ago when Gerrard was playing for us and was the club captain.

To be fair Maguire was probably only protecting himself when attacked by redshite foreigners. 

44 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I didn't realise Maguire was still locked up, I assumed he'd been released pending charges. Wonderful he's been in the slammer for 2 nights. 

It would have been one hour, only he somehow managed to stick his head between the bars.

• Upvote 4