You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

11 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Paul Scholes says Liverpool are worried about Man United after their 3-0 win against the formidable Aston Villa.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-scholes-claims-liverpool-worrying-18573787

“Is it time for a couple of teams to start worrying about this team?” said Scholes. “I have a hunch they might be already."

As a Liverpool supporter I'll always have one eye what they are doing as I think it's only natural. That being said, lets see if they go 17 games unbeaten next season when there's something to play for again and potentially supporters back in the grounds getting on the backs of players, letting them know when they aren't happy with something & they aren't getting ridiculous penalties every fucking game. 

Maybe then I'll be concerned about them. until that time...FUCK THEM. Inbred Cunts. Paul Scholes may not be able to tackle but he sure can chat some absolute shit. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

As a Liverpool supporter I'll always have one eye what they are doing as I think it's only natural. That being said, lets see if they go 17 games unbeaten next season when there's something to play for again and potentially supporters back in the grounds getting on the backs of players, letting them know when they aren't happy with something & they aren't getting ridiculous penalties every fucking game. 

Maybe then I'll be concerned about them. until that time...FUCK THEM. Inbred Cunts. Paul Scholes may not be able to tackle but he sure can chat some absolute shit. 

Since the return they've beaten the sides in 7th, 15th, 18th and 19th and drawn with the one in 9th. The performances have been good in fairness but the opposition is shite and they've had some of the most questionable penalty decisions I've seen even them get. No doubt they've improved but the fawning over them is as ridiculous as it is expected, the manc-loving media can't wait to wet the bed the second they string four passes together never mind four wins.

Also while I'm ranting about them - someone needs to do a study on the correlation between a love of Martial and having absolute whopper opinions and a childish love of 'dubs' on the internet, because I think it could be used as some sort of IQ test. Any time I see some uppity manc on Twitter, there it is, a profile pic of Martial and some sort of Martial vs Firmino bantergraphic somewhere prominent in their timeline. He's like the Pied Piper of Noncelin.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Greenwood is going to win the Ballon D'Or this decade, according to United fans.

They're the most bipolar fanbase in the league by a mile. It's either "we're the biggest club in the world, Ole's at the wheel, our latest youth prospect/signing is/will be the best player in the world" a couple of losses later and mobs are turning up outside the chief exec or star striker's house, aircraft banners are being flown overhead calling for the manager to go, glazers out, Newton heath scarves on, fuck it we don't even support them any more we're watching FC United."

Their fans are their biggest barrier to success, they're the reason they focus on short term, big name signings or ott spending on England youth prospect of the week, rather than long term strategic team building. Solskjaer's appointment was fan service, as was Mourinho's, neither were what they needed. It's boss.

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Since the return they've beaten the sides in 7th, 15th, 18th and 19th and drawn with the one in 9th. The performances have been good in fairness but the opposition is shite and they've had some of the most questionable penalty decisions I've seen even them get. No doubt they've improved but the fawning over them is as ridiculous as it is expected, the manc-loving media can't wait to wet the bed the second they string four passes together never mind four wins.

Also while I'm ranting about them - someone needs to do a study on the correlation between a love of Martial and having absolute whopper opinions and a childish love of 'dubs' on the internet, because I think it could be used as some sort of IQ test. Any time I see some uppity manc on Twitter, there it is, a profile pic of Martial and some sort of Martial vs Firmino bantergraphic somewhere prominent in their timeline. He's like the Pied Piper of Noncelin.

It's never a bad thing to roll over shite teams in the league, but yeah, this "United are back" thing as they stand on 58 points is pretty funny. 

The problem with them though, and the Fernandes signing has proven this a little, is that it doesn't actually take much for a club like them, who can spend 100's of millions per year on players, to "turn it around". It literally only took them buying one difference maker for them to start rattling off results. 

I've said this all during this season, their squad isn't crap and it's not far off. Fernandes and Pogba is a really good midfield and their attack can be electric and has lots of potential. Their problem has always been the people in charge and when will they screw it up. 

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

If you had to handicap young players for the Golden Balloon over the next ten years he would probably be in the top 5 tbh.

M'Bappe for sure - then who? TAA? Vinicius Jr? Havertz?

Haaland and Sancho.

If they could give it to a fullback maybe Davies.

How old is Pulisic? 20? 21? Starting to look very good.

That Mark Goldbridge on Twatter reckons they've already won the Europa League. Even before the draw.

Hope Wolves knock them out if they end up in the semi final.

Their fans are utter pricks and the biggest glory hunting twats ever as section has said above.

They go all suicidal and OTT depressed when they aren't winning everything but as soon as there's a chance of them winning something they become nauseating like celebrity Mancs James Nesbitt and Eamonn fucking Holmes. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

They're the most bipolar fanbase in the league by a mile. It's either "we're the biggest club in the world, Ole's at the wheel, our latest youth prospect/signing is/will be the best player in the world" a couple of losses later and mobs are turning up outside the chief exec or star striker's house, aircraft banners are being flown overhead calling for the manager to go, glazers out, Newton heath scarves on, fuck it we don't even support them any more we're watching FC United."

Oh, that takes me back to the 90s, when every youth prospect from Keith Gillespie to Ben Thornley was going to be the new George Best. I guess those two mastered the alcoholism part okay, not so much the footballing side.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, John102 said:

I guess newspapers and websites do well out of United doing well, so it's inevitable they hype it all up. 

Seeing the BBC ask who is better at 18, Owen or Greenwood did raise an eye brow. 

BBC asking if he is the new Messi today.