You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

We've just been through 30 years without winning it and with hindsight it's not that hard to understand how that happened. 30 years sounds like a long time but it's not really, it's only 6 or 7 different attempts at it. We got really good 3 times but each time there was someone better. Those 3 attempts took 3, 3 and 2 years to build plus another 2 years to accept the attempt had failed. That's the guts of 15 years not really doing that much wrong. The only mistake we made was showing patience and that was only a mistake after the event. 

Solskajaer could build a couple of really good sides (he won't) but unfortunately for him if he does he will end up running into our magnificently constructed machine. Before you know it 8 years as become 11, another plan is needed with the target of winning it in 3 years. If that fails 16 years is just around the corner, with each year the pressure builds until it becomes a noose around the neck, panic and anxiety transfers from the stands to the pitch and a hard task becomes impossible. It will take a generational player or a manager better than Klopp to get them over the line, good luck with that. This current Utd side as some prick teasers in that will cause them serious issues. Wan Bisaka and Martial both have enough about them to build around for the future but I can tell you with a high degree of certainty neither will make the grade. Maguire is too expensive to abandon and he's shit, Pogba has no interest in being there buy will do enough to squeeze an improved contract from them. Rashford has made himself indispensable for 10 years despite not being much more than decent. In closing fuck Ole the wannabe prick.

• Upvote 10

44 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

They look OK at the minute. But a good boxer can look world class against tomato cans. 

I thought they huffed and puffed today. If Adrian had of let the goal their keeper let in, there'd be a few comments. Was it Keown or Wrighty who said the keeper should have done better?

They played most of the second half and all of extra time with a man extra. If they'd played 11 v 11 would they have won? The Norwich players seemed to leave the ball to each other to give slabhead the chance.

Guest Alex_K

They blow very hot and cold. Very few 'machine' type players you could classify of the sort that pushes the real contending teams over the top. God help them if they ever actually tried to play both Pogba and Fernandes together against us and, you know, actually try to venture across the halfway line. There's probably a lot in them that is similar to our Spice Boys side.

Talking to a lad in work a proper Manc who speaks a hell of a lot of sense I mentioned to him about that cunt Custis saying Utd would challenge next season he said without hesitation not a chance were miles behind you lot and he doesn't have much faith in Crackle turning it round either he also congratulated me on Liverpool winning the title .

21 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

He’s on course to be their Klopp, apparently.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-liverpoool-transfer-news-18495703.amp

Long may the delusion continue!

That is an incredible piece of fiction. As you say, long may it continue. 

Screenshot_20200628-092531.png

On 27/06/2020 at 23:32, No2 said:

We've just been through 30 years without winning it and with hindsight it's not that hard to understand how that happened. 30 years sounds like a long time but it's not really, it's only 6 or 7 different attempts at it. We got really good 3 times but each time there was someone better. Those 3 attempts took 3, 3 and 2 years to build plus another 2 years to accept the attempt had failed. That's the guts of 15 years not really doing that much wrong. The only mistake we made was showing patience and that was only a mistake after the event. 

Solskajaer could build a couple of really good sides (he won't) but unfortunately for him if he does he will end up running into our magnificently constructed machine. Before you know it 8 years as become 11, another plan is needed with the target of winning it in 3 years. If that fails 16 years is just around the corner, with each year the pressure builds until it becomes a noose around the neck, panic and anxiety transfers from the stands to the pitch and a hard task becomes impossible. It will take a generational player or a manager better than Klopp to get them over the line, good luck with that. This current Utd side as some prick teasers in that will cause them serious issues. Wan Bisaka and Martial both have enough about them to build around for the future but I can tell you with a high degree of certainty neither will make the grade. Maguire is too expensive to abandon and he's shit, Pogba has no interest in being there buy will do enough to squeeze an improved contract from them. Rashford has made himself indispensable for 10 years despite not being much more than decent. In closing fuck Ole the wannabe prick.

I love that post as it sounds brilliant.

If I put away tribalism though, I would say that Fernandes is an absolutely quality player. Rashford is potentially world class - can you imagine him around better players. His ability is scary and I hope he doesn't come anywhere near that ceiling. He seems like a decent down to earth lad so he mightn't go off the rails. Greenwood is a real talent there also. The rest of them...Pogba and Martial are peas in a pod. Potentially really good players that don't really give a shit about anyone but themselves and don't strike me as particularly good for morale. The defence is reasonable but nowhere near the ability to win a title. Maguire and Wan Bissaka are decent enough but that doesn't win the biggest trophies. They have a real issue with De Gea. He was world class. Now he is second rate. If they had any cop, they would sell him and make Henderson their number one. 

The biggest issue they have is Ole. I can't stand him as he has all the snideness of Mourinho, but without any of the trophies. I mean us and City have the best two managers in the world and managers make clubs. The Ev have Carlo who is world class as well. Chelsea have the best manager of them, United and Arsenal and as it stands I don't think any of them will ever win the two biggest trophies.

The one thing United will do is spend money and if they say got Koulibally and Sancho in the one window, then even with a third rate clown managing them and miltiple issues in the club, they would get a good bit nearer to us.

They’re lacking at least two components of the Holy Trinity described by Shanks.

They don’t have the players, or enough of them anyway.

They don’t have the manager, not even close.

They possibly have the supporters, much as it pains to admit that. Many are utter cunts but they have enough who aren’t and their away support, in particular, is very good (home support is generally dreadful but ours isn’t always fantastic either).

Where they might just have a hope is that, more than ever it’s now the Holy Trinity plus the Devil disguised as shit loads of cash that’s generally needed. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your point of view, they don’t even have the most of that anymore.

To sum up, they’re shite. 

Guest Alex_K

If there is one constant from generation to generation in this crazy world we live in, it is that English goalkeepers will be wildly overrated. Henderson makes as many howlers as De Gea without any of the goodwill the latter has built up.

8 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

If there is one constant from generation to generation in this crazy world we live in, it is that English goalkeepers will be wildly overrated. Henderson makes as many howlers as De Gea without any of the goodwill the latter has built up.

Normally would agree with that, but Henderson looks good. Having said that, no guarantee he is good enough to be number 1 for a club that big. 

De Gea was class and for a number of years he must have been worth about 10-15 points to them over a season. Right now, he looks a complete liability.

Guest Alex_K
10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Normally would agree with that, but Henderson looks good. Having said that, no guarantee he is good enough to be number 1 for a club that big. 

De Gea was class and for a number of years he must have been worth about 10-15 points to them over a season. Right now, he looks a complete liability.

Henderson let in a sitter against Arsenal yesterday. Howler against us. There are others. He'll be shown up if he goes there; very happy for it to happen.

De Gea's haplessness is probably over-egged, but I'm sure they're wishing they'd sold him on 2 summers ago now. Believe he's on 20 mil a year now after last seasons bumper contract. Won't be easy to shift him on that.

2 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I love that post as it sounds brilliant.

If I put away tribalism though, I would say that Fernandes is an absolutely quality player. Rashford is potentially world class - can you imagine him around better players. His ability is scary and I hope he doesn't come anywhere near that ceiling. He seems like a decent down to earth lad so he mightn't go off the rails. Greenwood is a real talent there also. The rest of them...Pogba and Martial are peas in a pod. Potentially really good players that don't really give a shit about anyone but themselves and don't strike me as particularly good for morale. The defence is reasonable but nowhere near the ability to win a title. Maguire and Wan Bissaka are decent enough but that doesn't win the biggest trophies. They have a real issue with De Gea. He was world class. Now he is second rate. If they had any cop, they would sell him and make Henderson their number one. 

The biggest issue they have is Ole. I can't stand him as he has all the snideness of Mourinho, but without any of the trophies. I mean us and City have the best two managers in the world and managers make clubs. The Ev have Carlo who is world class as well. Chelsea have the best manager of them, United and Arsenal and as it stands I don't think any of them will ever win the two biggest trophies.

The one thing United will do is spend money and if they say got Koulibally and Sancho in the one window, then even with a third rate clown managing them and miltiple issues in the club, they would get a good bit nearer to us.

You make some good points, Ronnie, lad.

What Id say to the point that if united signed Koulibaly and Sancho etc and even that gimp would turn them into challengers is, look at Barcelona right now. They have Messi, arguably the best player on the planet, Suarez and to a lesser extent, Grieseman yet they're in disarray in a 2 horse league.

Same to a degree with lampard. Signing great players will get you so far and maybe win a couple of cups but in my opinion, to win the league you need tactical awareness from the manager.

Sure, any of those clubs may get nearer to us but I think for any of them to win the league next season both ourselves and city will need to be very poor. Neither do I think next season will we be so far ahead.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Henderson let in a sitter against Arsenal yesterday. Howler against us. There are others. He'll be shown up if he goes there; very happy for it to happen.

De Gea's haplessness is probably over-egged, but I'm sure they're wishing they'd sold him on 2 summers ago now. Believe he's on 20 mil a year now after last seasons bumper contract. Won't be easy to shift him on that.

Possibly Alex. I didn't see yesterday and can only say I've seen him a few times. His howler against us made him go up a notch in my estimation! 

Even if he is a top talent, being a goalie at a club like United can be an unforgiving place if he makes a blunder in a title decider or in a crucial Champions League match. He looks good at Sheffield, but I guess we've been in that boat outselves with goalies who can't make the step up.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

You make some good points, Ronnie, lad.

What Id say to the point that if united signed Koulibaly and Sancho etc and even that gimp would turn them into challengers is, look at Barcelona right now. They have Messi, arguably the best player on the planet, Suarez and to a lesser extent, Grieseman yet they're in disarray in a 2 horse league.

Same to a degree with lampard. Signing great players will get you so far and maybe win a couple of cups but in my opinion, to win the league you need tactical awareness from the manager.

Sure, any of those clubs may get nearer to us but I think for any of them to win the league next season both ourselves and city will need to be very poor. Neither do I think next season will we be so far ahead.

Yeah I agree with that Docker. I just can't see beyond City being our biggest rival for a number of years. They have the manager and the players and next season I expect a battle between us for the title.

The Ev have a master craftsman working with crayons. Mourinho looks on the decline and Arsenal, Chelsea and United are taking punts on managers.

I keep hearing the opinion that United only need "one or two" more quality players and they will be back as a real force, maybe even contenders. 

I'm very sceptical but there is no doubt that Fernandes was a step in the right direction for them and they actually do have some good players. I also am cursed with a good memory in some areas and can't just forget the decades of hurt and what they were. 

I don't think they will be challenging us with just one or two good signings but if it gets to three or four. Yeah I might start to worry a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I keep hearing the opinion that United only need "one or two" more quality players and they will be back as a real force, maybe even contenders. 

I'm very sceptical but there is no doubt that Fernandes was a step in the right direction for them and they actually do have some good players. I also am cursed with a good memory in some areas and can't just forget the decades of hurt and what they were. 

I don't think they will be challenging us with just one or two good signings but if it gets to three or four. Yeah I might start to worry a bit. 

Is that not what people used to say about LFC though? That & we've turned the corner & he's the missing piece of the jigsaw.

No point worrying about them until they do look like showing regular improvement. For now I'm just enjoying us being Champions. Everyone else can fuck right off. 

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

They’re currently 37 points behind us and we’re Champions. Fucking beautiful. Couldn’t happen to a nicer set of cunts.

They may well close the gap as it's unlikely we'll get a tally this high again but they'd still be about 15-20 points behind us.