You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

• 2 months later...

Solksjaer is absolutely fucking drab isn't it? I don't watch Sky Sports News generally but caught some yesterday in the build up the weekend's games and he's like every bumbling, middle managing, talking without substance, bland entity you meet. He spoke for 5 solid minutes and I had no idea what he was saying. He spoke for a similar length of time about Rashford but basically said "nice boy, done good, we're proud of him" on repeat. At least show some passion and emotion in it. 

The perils of rolling coverage, I guess, because the above applies to pretty much all news and sports TV.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Solksjaer is absolutely fucking drab isn't it? I don't watch Sky Sports News generally but caught some yesterday in the build up the weekend's games and he's like every bumbling, middle managing, talking without substance, bland entity you meet. He spoke for 5 solid minutes and I had no idea what he was saying. He spoke for a similar length of time about Rashford but basically said "nice boy, done good, we're proud of him" on repeat. At least show some passion and emotion in it. 

The perils of rolling coverage, I guess, because the above applies to pretty much all news and sports TV.

His press conferences make as much sense as an Ultimate Warrior promo. 

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hot take from last night.

gGm.gif

Say what!? If Obi Wan is so good at dribbling, why isnt he a forward? Anyway, what's with all these mancs and spurs fans watching the game on tv last night? i thought they all said football's nothing without fans in the stadium and were not interested in the rest of the season?

Fucking hypocrites.

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

He's been compared to Salah? Fucking hell. Some football fans are as fucking mental as this twats who vote for Boris Johnson.

Having a conversation with a manc the other day and in a deadpan face he proceeded to tell me that Scholes was better than Gerrard. He was serious about it as well, it wasnt a wind up. Just had to tell them he was talking shit and his opinion on football no longer mattered. Boiled my piss it did.

Good player vs probably the best all round player the PL has seen.

9 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Having a conversation with a manc the other day and in a deadpan face he proceeded to tell me that Scholes was better than Gerrard. He was serious about it as well, it wasnt a wind up. Just had to tell them he was talking shit and his opinion on football no longer mattered. Boiled my piss it did.

I've never met a manc that doesn't think that!

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Gerrard was twice the player scholes was. He was better at every single aspect of the game. Unfortunately he played alongside far too many players who were incapable of playing to his level. It's like comparing Usain Bolt to one of the golden girls.

I dont think saying twice is enough, if you had swapped the players around, its would have been near unbeatable, whereas we would have become red Everton.

Just now, Ron B said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/26/liverpool-will-struggle-to-repeat-fergusons-run-of-titles-claims-solskjaer-manchester-united

Some profound stuff here from the Goblin One. “Any club would find it difficult to win 13 titles in 20 seasons.”

Im loving this tit is manager of that club. Long may he stay there but you know he will probably be lucky to be in the job this time next season and they'll look to bring in someone at least with a semblence of knowing what he's doing.

You know every fucking manc would just love to have Jurgen as manager instead of him. Even the die hards who will deny it, deep down know they havent a cat in hell's chance of winning the title with him in charge. 8 years without a title will soon be 10.

Funny how they all said we just had our history and what do you know, they now have a manager who can only brag about theirs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im loving this tit is manager of that club. Long may he stay there but you know he will probably be lucky to be in the job this time next season and they'll look to bring in someone at least with a semblence of knowing what he's doing.

You know every fucking manc would just love to have Jurgen as manager instead of him. Even the die hards who will deny it, deep down know they havent a cat in hell's chance of winning the title with him in charge. 8 years without a title will soon be 10.

Funny how they all said we just had our history and what do you know, they now have a manager who can only brag about theirs!

Was just thinking how they are reminding me of us in many ways. Big name signings that flatter to deceive who do just enough to keep the wolves at bay with some really talented lads who are clearly very sound in Rashford (our Robbie) and a manager who says all the right things and clearly loves the club but is evidently not up to such a huge job in Ole. 

In some ways, their improvement could be a blessing for us. Even if they don't make the Champions League places, he will have enough goodwill in the bank to be given another season. Next season bla bla bla...we were that team for years. Suddenly they get a year nearer to 10 years without a title and that can suddenly become 15...20..25...30.

The one thing I will say is that Fernandes is an outatanding player who can drag up the mediocrity around him and if they get 2-3 more players of his calibre, even that fool could make them a force again. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/06/2020 at 13:10, SlugTrail said:

It wasnt Mossy was it? I had quite the debate with him when he informed me Carrick was better than Alonso 

5 hours ago, Dave D said:

It wasnt Mossy was it? I had quite the debate with him when he informed me Carrick was better than Alonso 

No it was my sister in laws boyfriend, he did start about how amazing Carrick was but didnt compare him to Alonso. I think the reaction to the Scholes statement might have stopped that one.

56 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

No it was my sister in laws boyfriend, he did start about how amazing Carrick was but didnt compare him to Alonso. I think the reaction to the Scholes statement might have stopped that one.

Scholes was a very good player. He could control the tempo of a game better than Gerrard could but that was it. Everything else, Gerrard better than him. 

• Downvote 3

Guest Alex_K
6 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The one thing I will say is that Fernandes is an outatanding player who can drag up the mediocrity around him and if they get 2-3 more players of his calibre, even that fool could make them a force again. 

We've seen a lot of mercurial types come to the Premier League and turn it on for 10, 15, 30 games then fade badly. Fernandes is 25, he may well be very good but he's also already bounced out of mid-table Udinese and Sampdoria in his career before arriving to Lisbon. That'd set alarm bells ringing a bit. Let's see if he maintains this form.

I've heard the question "How did a club as big as Liverpool manage to go 30 years without a title?" bounce around the airwaves a fair bit since last night in a diminishing way, as if Chelsea and then City didn't just blow the league up financially for a good 15 years. If not for City's oil money & complete disregard of FFP we'd have 2 more titles to add.