You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

15 hours ago, Baltar said:

Might not be such a bad thing if it keeps Ole at the wheel...

Correct get this clown as many transfer windows as possible. He will fill that squad with so much shite it will take a half decent manager (which they will eventually get ) ages to sort out. The way I see it every six months he gets he sets them back another year . Don't even care if they manage CL qualification with Ole there they will be no competition. Keep him at the wheel. 

• 3 weeks later...

The media really scraping the barrel recently since our winning run came to an end.

this from sky sports 

Manchester United: Is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer close to success?

Is the team with the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League set to rejoin the elite?

this from the express, in an article ,apparently,  about us 

“ Everyone has their own idea of greatness for a football team. My own benchmark is probably the Manchester United side of 1998-99.

Some say that was not even Sir Alex Ferguson's best United side but they won a Treble that had never been won before and has not been won since. Liverpool won't do that this season but that does not mean this is not a great side.”

51 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

The media really scraping the barrel recently since our winning run came to an end.

this from sky sports 

Manchester United: Is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer close to success?

Is the team with the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League set to rejoin the elite?

this from the express, in an article ,apparently,  about us 

“ Everyone has their own idea of greatness for a football team. My own benchmark is probably the Manchester United side of 1998-99.

Some say that was not even Sir Alex Ferguson's best United side but they won a Treble that had never been won before and has not been won since. Liverpool won't do that this season but that does not mean this is not a great side.”

Shit like this makes me really unhappy as it nudges me towards wanting City to win today and I don't want City to win today.

5 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

You have to smile at the deluded gimp and the press sychophants, havent you? Apparently they are 'only' 2 or 3 players away from being title contenders. All that after a game where city's keeper pretty much gifted them 2 goals.

Like we were for about 30 years.

They're turning into us at our most mediocre. Its fucking ace.

• Upvote 6

The absolute bollocks coming out of the gimp's mouth is only surpassed by the fawning media. So they're 'only' 2 or 3 players from challenging for the title next year? What, on the basis that Ederson gifted them a couple of goals and VAR robbed city of Aguero's goal?

And just where is the condemnation of ederson's 'performance'? Adrian was pilloried in the papers for that goal at chelsea yet ederson who doubled down on it, nothing, nada. It doesnt suit the agenda bollocks to point this out nor VAR scrubbing out Aguero's goal.

Yeah, I know I shouldnt spout too much about that but fair's fair. De Gea doesnt move and when they drew the lines on tv I dont see Aguero's big toe in front of the last united player's toe.

But, let the agenda bollocks run I reckon. It keeps the gimp in situ and gives the deluded mancs something to hang their coats on I suppose.

No doubt Utd have improved significantly in the last couple of months . Whether that translates into a sustained revival depends a lot on getting into the CL . If they do then it will help them sign players in the summer . Silly to dismiss them as a force next season yet . Continue with their good results and they won’t be able to bring in Poch which is the upside for me. 

If this is United being 2-3 players away from being 'back' then I'm perfectly fine with that. Get Ole to put whatever he wants on a piece of paper and lock him in for another 10 seasons.

They're shite and played with 8 men behind the ball from abar 60 minutes onwards.

25 minutes ago, ))) said:

If this is United being 2-3 players away from being 'back' then I'm perfectly fine with that. Get Ole to put whatever he wants on a piece of paper and lock him in for another 10 seasons.

They're shite and played with 8 men behind the ball from abar 60 minutes onwards.

This man talks sense!

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

The absolute bollocks coming out of the gimp's mouth is only surpassed by the fawning media. So they're 'only' 2 or 3 players from challenging for the title next year?

They could be. Are they significantly worse than we were before we signed Suarez and had sterling and coutinho come through/step up a level?

the team we almost won the league with under Rodgers was a decent side, and challenged, but it wasn’t exactly Brazil 70 however much fun it was to watch that year and however good we could be on our day.

the reality is though that you need an awful lot to fall for you when you have a good team that’s great on its day, while competing against great teams. We found that out.

are they worse than Leicester were when they won it? They play worse football but man for man they’re similar levels so 2-3 good signings makes them challengers.

outside challengers, and at a level I have no fear of them being at, but challengers nonetheless.

Every "top club" that isn't presently challenging for the title is perpetually 2 or 3 great players away from challenging. It's a nothing statement. 

If I was a United fan, the thing that would make me optimistic is that at the very least, they have a tactical plan that works in most big games and the players for the most part seem to like him. 

• Upvote 1

It would have to be 2-3 very good players. I was unfortunate enough to hear some of 606 yesterday and Savage was talking about what would happen if they signed Koulibaly and a couple of top attacking players. Obviously signings of that calibre would be expected to put them in contention but they would be competing against 2 sides capable of getting 100 points.   

23 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

They could be. Are they significantly worse than we were before we signed Suarez and had sterling and coutinho come through/step up a level?

the team we almost won the league with under Rodgers was a decent side, and challenged, but it wasn’t exactly Brazil 70 however much fun it was to watch that year and however good we could be on our day.

the reality is though that you need an awful lot to fall for you when you have a good team that’s great on its day, while competing against great teams. We found that out.

are they worse than Leicester were when they won it? They play worse football but man for man they’re similar levels so 2-3 good signings makes them challengers.

outside challengers, and at a level I have no fear of them being at, but challengers nonetheless.

Plus no Europe that year, and (from memory) early exits in the Cups (one courtesy of Howard Webb?). I think we played something crazy like 43 games all season.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

He has Fernandes playing very far forward - basically in the spaces Firmino tries to exploit.

Fernandes through the center was usually their furthest forward in their press.

Yeah, they've used him well thus far. But even before that, us, City, Chelsea and Spurs found it hard to contain them on the counter with Rashford, James and Martial. The players have bought in to a defensive, counter-attacking approach. We'll see if that lasts long term. Those kinds of tactics often don't have a long shelf life.