You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

40 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Grealish is really good. However, i think he needs to be around a strong manager and a strong dressing room to keep his likely cuntish behaviour in check. Would be a disaster for him there.

I disagree. He was clearly a bit of a cock a few years ago, but being made captain there has really made him grow up I reckon.

he still looks like a whopper, obviously.

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I disagree. He was clearly a bit of a cock a few years ago, but being made captain there has really made him grow up I reckon.

he still looks like a whopper, obviously.

Possibly, but it might be more that he's a really good player playing for his local club on the biggest stage that is motivating him. Put him in the den of rats with Goblin at the wheel and I'd say he could become a counter-productive dickhead.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Grealish is really good. However, i think he needs to be around a strong manager and a strong dressing room to keep his likely cuntish behaviour in check. Would be a disaster for him there.

Why? We don't have those?

If anything, he would be a disaster here because he is not nearly good enough.

EDIT -- HAAAHHH - Sorry Ronno - thought you were saying he was coming here.

HHHHAAAAHHHH!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If only that were the case when he was buying jumpers.

He can fit in them alright, he just can't get out of them. And don't even talk about jumpers for goalposts...

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why? We don't have those?

If anything, he would be a disaster here because he is not nearly good enough.

EDIT -- HAAAHHH - Sorry Ronno - thought you were saying he was coming here.

HHHHAAAAHHHH!!!!

Haha nah he's not a Jurgen player at all. Jurgen likes sound lads with good short back and sides haircuts unless your name is Virgil, Harvey or Mo when you can do whatever you want. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/10/ed-woodward-backs-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-to-lead-manchester-united-spending

Manchester United’s vice-chairman Ed Woodward has backed Ole Gunnar Solskjær to attract “high-quality acquisitions” in the summer and transform the club’s fortunes.

Woodward, who has become a target of hatred from a section of disgruntled United supporters who regularly sing about his death, recently had his home attacked as tensions continued to rise.

However, rather than turning to the now-available former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino, Woodward says United have a “clear plan”, with Solskjær staying at the wheel.

Manchester United file complaint against Sun over Woodward house attack

Read more

United languish in eighth place in the Premier League, with fewer than half the points of table-topping Liverpool, and Solskjær’s side face a battle even to qualify for the Champions League.

The January acquisition of Bruno Fernandes for an initial £46.5m outlay has provided a welcome injection of quality at Old Trafford but Woodward admits there is still much to do.

“The signing of Bruno Fernandes and return of key players from injury will be a boost to Ole and the squad as we head into the second half of the season,” Woodward said as part of introductory remarks read out at a recent fans’ forum.

Advertisement

“We remain in contention in the Europa League and the FA Cup, as well as for Champions League qualification, so there is still lots to play for. However, as a club and a board, we do recognise that we are not yet where we want to be.

“It is the overwhelming priority of everyone at the club to get us back to regularly challenging for Premier League and Champions League titles.”

United have been linked with Pochettino since his departure from Spurs in November but Woodward says he wants big changes in the summer, with Solskjær key to the recruitment drive. United have been linked with a big-money move for Jack Grealish while Paul Pogba is likely to be moved out of Old Trafford.

“The recruitment department is working to a clear plan and philosophy, along with Ole and his coaching staff,” added Woodward.

“Our focus is on bringing in a combination of experience and the best young players with potential to develop further, fusing graduates from our academy with high-quality acquisitions.

Ighalo to miss Manchester United’s Spain trip over coronavirus travel fears

Read more

“Our recruitment process focuses on analysis and selection of players over the course of a season, with a view to the following summer transfer window. As part of the rebuild we see this coming summer as an important opportunity.

“There has been no shortage of investment in players over the past few years, with over £200m spent since Ole became manager. Our aim is to ensure that we continue to achieve consistency in quality of recruitment.

“Off the pitch it is important to note that the commercial elements of the club are geared to ensuring we have a self-sustaining model which supports investment in the playing side.”

United have been linked with Pochettino since his departure from Spurs in November but Woodward says he wants big changes in the summer, with Solskjær key to the recruitment drive. United have been linked with a big-money move for Jack Grealish while Paul Pogba is likely to be moved out of Old Trafford.

“The recruitment department is working to a clear plan and philosophy, along with Ole and his coaching staff,” added Woodward.

There is just so much gold in these quotes.

"Solskjaer key to the recruitment drive." Yeah, sure he is. You can only imagine how many big-name players are telling their agents "No, I don't want to play for Bayern and win things, or for PSG and get paid huge money. What I really want is to develop under legendary coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer."

Also I like the idea of "upgrading" from Pogba to Grealish. I mean, Grealish is good but how they have managed to mis-manage Pogba is hilarious. My money's on him to be widely considered as one of the best in the world once he moves to a proper club.

“Our focus is on bringing in a combination of experience and the best young players with potential to develop further, fusing graduates from our academy with high-quality acquisitions.

Ighalo to miss Manchester United’s Spain trip over coronavirus travel fears

This might be the best bit, though. Talking up their "clear plan and philosophy" of recruitment to bring in all this experience and top young players, blah, blah, blah, and right next to it is a link to a story about their last transfer, a player they bought out of pure desperation who would never tempt any other top 6 club.

Do you know where Ighalo finished in the Chinese league goalscoring charts last season? I went and looked it up. He was 19th! Ole's at the wheel, indeed.

• Upvote 4

My favourite bit:

“Our recruitment process focuses on analysis and selection of players over the course of a season, with a view to the following summer transfer window. 

It just highlights how (relatively) short-term they are. Take the Suarez signing by us - we’d been scouting him since Rafa’s time, and Hodgson had been to watch him in person. 

There’s nothing wrong with honing in on your immediate targets, but the signings under The Goblin so far have a distinct reek of “He had a good World Cup, let’s scout him for a year,” or “Everyone says that Palace lad looks good, but we’d better scout him for a year just to be on the safe side. No, I hadn’t heard of him before now either.”

Isn't Ighalo also represented by the firm Ole used to own part of, and is now owned by his best mate. The same company owned by Ole and his mate that smuggled a serial rapist out of Norway and currently refusing to face the charges living/playing in Saudi Arabia or something.

On a side note. There is absolutely no proof that shows Ole is not a nonce and/or serial rapist allegedly.

6 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Isn't Ighalo also represented by the firm Ole used to own part of, and is now owned by his best mate. The same company owned by Ole and his mate that smuggled a serial rapist out of Norway and currently refusing to face the charges living/playing in Saudi Arabia or something.

On a side note. There is absolutely no proof that shows Ole is not a nonce and/or serial rapist allegedly.

Yes he is.

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

Lovely reading. The valuations seem ridiculously high in some cases though- Bailly at £60 million, Fred at £75 million?? 

Luke Shaw is valued at £46m. I think Utd may use that analytical crowd in real life.