You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

In other news United paid Alexis Sanchez again this week.

He has played about 50 minutes this calendar year and has not scored since September.

But....next year, you just wait and see.

He will play for a WHOLE HOUR! That'll show us.

Safe to say that I wouldn't take Code's view on Solbakken (or Sarr) as gospel. Solbakken is pretty universally known as a crook in Norway, agenda from Josimar or not.

He's well protected though, as Solskjaer's shit doesn't stink over here, and a lot of powerful people in and around Norwegian football has made a lot of money from his deals.

Allegedly...

• Upvote 6

The Cheshire home of Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward was attacked by a group of fans last month.

They chanted that he was "going to die" and a flare was thrown into the garden.

The house was empty at the time. Some United fans sang the same song during recent games against Burnley and Tranmere.

"Following recent events, the 20 clubs committed to introducing a league-wide ban for anyone banned by their club for discriminatory, abusive or violent acts," the Premier League said in a statement.

"Unacceptable conduct towards players, fans, club employees or referees will not be tolerated by the Premier League or its clubs."

57 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Munich air disaster 62 years ago today. RIP. All those years ago there wasnt the same animosity between fans of the clubs.

Bang on. My Dad told me there was nationwide respect for Busby and his team and genuine grief everywhere after the disaster. RIP

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Denis Law was asked if his United team would beat the current one. After a bit of thought he replied 'Yeah, I reckon we'd win 1-0.' 

'Why so close?'

'Well most of us are in our 70's now.' 

Babacar Sarr (mentioned in the Josimar links above) has been charged with another rape and is headlining Norway's biggest Newspaper today. Will be interesting to see if Interpol can get him to attend this one. 

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/g7OoO5/internasjonalt-etterlyst-tidligere-molde-spiller-tiltalt-for-ny-voldtekt

Good on Solskjaer and Solbakken for backing him...

44 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Great photo, this.

Duncan Edwards at Highbury, five days before the Munich air disaster.

50FC29CE-DCDB-486C-9ED0-A80AC68801B7.jpeg

Not a blade of grass on that pitch.

What is the armband for? Was he Captain? Did Captains wear armbands in the 50s?

Although we all have a view on The S*n, it wouldn’t have been that difficult - or unlikely - for the paper to have found out what was happening and get down there quickly.

Plus, if the news desk did get a call (anonymously, from a friendly press officer, from a neighbour, etc) then they could easily get somebody to the scene immediately after calling the police.

I'm happy to be put right on any bits I’ve got wrong, but to the best of my knowledge:

*Man Utd aren’t offering any evidence that the paper had advance knowledge of what was planned, other than (implicitly) “Well, they got there rather quickly,”. That’s not enough to prove that the S*n were in a cahoots with these morons, it just shows that they have good sources;

*Any newspaper, tipped off about a story like this, would try to send both a photographer and a reporter. Mentioning that a national newspaper sent two members of staff to a story, and implying, well, I’m not sure what they’re implying, appears to be a case of just throwing mud and seeing what sticks;

*Man Utd aren’t offering any evidence that the reporter/newspaper did not alert the police (also - crimes can be reported anonymously, AND there’s no way I know of that a victim of crime can ask the police for a list of who did and who didn’t call 999);

*The chumps who did this were planning it anyway. I’m not sure what encouragement they needed from having a reporter there;

*There was no tangible ‘reward’ for these morons;

*Reporting on a crime is not a breach of the IPSO code. Section 9 of the code (Reporting Of Crime) is about naming victims, naming under-18s, naming the friends and family of the accused, etc. Section 16 (Payment To Criminals) might be what they’re aiming for - but they’d need some pretty strong evidence rather than “his presence... rewarded the perpetrators.” You can’t punish a journalist for being present at the scene of a crime.