You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Lingard is clearly unsettled. We should be all over that in the summer.

I know. I reckon we go round to his house and spend a good couple of hours letting him know that united are the absolute perfect team for him and he definitely shouldn't be looking to go anywhere else. Bring him a few tins of beans as a sweetener.

• Upvote 1

I don't know why Ole keeps picking Lingard. I'm doubly confused as to why he picks him and then publicly shouts he's going to take him off again. Don't pick him then. Just bad management I guess. 

The Bruno Fernandes deal is a shame. United were dicking around trying to lower the fee for ages. It looked like Barca might swoop in a pay a fair price and I wish they had done. The thing is Fernandes is a really good player. He won't get them back anywhere in our league but if they add a quality strikers they might be on the road to a modest recovery. 

Of course to get on our radar they need six new players. Minimum. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I don't know why Ole keeps picking Lingard. I'm doubly confused as to why he picks him and then publicly shouts he's going to take him off again. Don't pick him then. Just bad management I guess. 

The Bruno Fernandes deal is a shame. United were dicking around trying to lower the fee for ages. It looked like Barca might swoop in a pay a fair price and I wish they had done. The thing is Fernandes is a really good player. He won't get them back anywhere in our league but if they add a quality strikers they might be on the road to a modest recovery. 

Of course to get on our radar they need six new players. Minimum. 

We often signed good to excellent players, but they didn’t get us back to where we used to be,  outspent Man Utd over the course of the 90s. The problem is that finding and maintaining a winning blend is so difficult; they had plenty of teams that, a couple of standout players aside, looked relatively perfunctory on paper, but even when key men were injured they kept winning. Think of how many ex-Man Utd players ended up toiling in mid table after Ferguson deemed them surplus to requirements.

I'm not saying we'll enjoy sustained domination because I think it’s essentially impossible nowadays, but in the event that we don’t endure an unprecedented collapse, it’s notable that Klopp will be the first manager in decades to build his first English league title winning team over a period of several years. That, I think, bodes well for the future.

• Upvote 3

The thing about Bruno Fernandes is ... he's not actually that great.

I mean, he takes a lot of shots, and that can be a good thing. He's also really good at scoring from distance, which can also be a good thing. I'm not at all trying to make out that he's rubbish or anything. But he's the sort of player that, if he plays for another team and you only see him on MOTD, you think he's one of the best players in the league, but if he plays for your team and you watch him for 90 minutes every week, you find him hugely frustrating.

If he had come here to us, I would think Klopp could get him playing really well. Cut out maybe the worst 20% of his shots or so and he'd be a big asset.

At United, I think it's 50-50 that he's a huge flop. He will score a few spectacular goals and everyone will go gaga but in the longer term the way he wastes possession with giveaways and bad shots is going to drive his manager mental.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I think he has a lot of potential. He's such a big upgrade on Pereira its not even funny.

I'd have to add Fernandes to the list of players that could genuinely form the core of a  Man United recovery. 

The list is: him and Wan-Bissaka. 

So just Fernandes then.

Wan-Bissaka is terrible on the ball and totally unsuitable for a RB in a top 6 side

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The thing about Bruno Fernandes is ... he's not actually that great.

I mean, he takes a lot of shots, and that can be a good thing. He's also really good at scoring from distance, which can also be a good thing. I'm not at all trying to make out that he's rubbish or anything. But he's the sort of player that, if he plays for another team and you only see him on MOTD, you think he's one of the best players in the league, but if he plays for your team and you watch him for 90 minutes every week, you find him hugely frustrating.

If he had come here to us, I would think Klopp could get him playing really well. Cut out maybe the worst 20% of his shots or so and he'd be a big asset.

At United, I think it's 50-50 that he's a huge flop. He will score a few spectacular goals and everyone will go gaga but in the longer term the way he wastes possession with giveaways and bad shots is going to drive his manager mental.

I've said this before but he's a mystery. On the surface, you look at his goal and assist numbers and they're extremely impressive. And then he seems to be exemplary with his work rate and leadership, but then you think about it and ask yourself; how many players in their mid 20's come from a mediocre league, having so few references of great play in high level games, both internationally and with his club and have succeeded at a massive club? I'd say he'd basically be the first. Can't think of anyone recently. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've said this before but he's a mystery. On the surface, you look at his goal and assist numbers and they're extremely impressive. And then he seems to be exemplary with his work rate and leadership, but then you think about it and ask yourself; how many players in their mid 20's come from a mediocre league, having so few references of great play in high level games, both internationally and with his club and have succeeded at a massive club? I'd say he'd basically be the first. Can't think of anyone recently. 

Fabinho

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Fabinho

Didn't he play really well against city in the ECL? Salah was a risky signing but Fernandes has only played in average leagues. Certainly a bigger risk.