You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

8 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Probably this. He's managed two PL clubs now. His record is 1 relegation and he's now got the so called biggest club in the world into relegation form. He's got absolute no idea how to turn the ship around because he's tactically inept. it wouldnt surprise me if the players are having a good laugh behind his back.

They are 5th.

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Sky Sports showed their fixture list before. Worrying times for Ole. They could easily be bottom half by April with the games they’ve got coming up. 

Without new players the coming days, they will be in the bottom half shortly.

Just now, mgw100 said:

Good article from Liew on them. 

Solskjær’s Manchester United are meeting expectations despite unrest https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jan/23/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-meeting-expectations?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

It's a bit of an odd premise though- they might be 5th, but their points total is woeful and they're not that far off Newcastle in 14th.

18 hours ago, Pete said:

So what you're  basically saying is they are f**ked? 

(Hi all by the way. Been lurking for years but recently bought a half season ticket). 

Unlike some people on here I'm prepared to forgive this. Depends though. 

a/s/l? 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: "I think our fans know what we have started on. I've been trusted to do that job and that rebuild doesn't go one way all the time. We're doing great, I've said it so many times.

"The foundation has to be laid and the culture properly set and laid down and this group is a good core of players that believe in what we're doing to carry us forward, with signings and players coming back.

"You need to knock the house down, you don't just start with the roof. We've had some rainy days and wish that roof was on but we can't hide."

"When you start on something, you stick to that plan," he said.

"I'm not going to change six or nine or 10 months into the job and start believing in a different way of doing things.

"I am going to stick to what I've been entrusted to do. Hopefully that will be good enough. All my conversations with the club have been positive."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: "For me, we do have a way of doing things. You can see other teams have done well. Jurgen [Klopp] spent four years building his team and they [Liverpool] are doing well now.

"It's not going to be a quick fix, not eight or 10 players in the transfer window. We've had one proper transfer window and we are trying to do something now.

"We can't react to all the noise outside," added the Manchester United boss. "There'll be criticism, you've got to take it. You've got to be stronger mentally - I am, the club is, the staff are. We're sticking to what we believe in and I've got full faith."

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: "For me, we do have a way of doing things. You can see other teams have done well. Jurgen [Klopp] spent four years building his team and they [Liverpool] are doing well now."

His central argument seems to be that any manager who gets enough time will be a success. Hope he gets every opportunity to prove this thesis.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, rb14 said:

Unlike some people on here I'm prepared to forgive this. Depends though. 

a/s/l? 

Long may Ole 'be at the wheel'. Personally I'm prepared for him to be there for at least a decade. Of course they may be in league 2 by then but he deserves every opportunity to complete his 'rebuild'.