You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

See the MUTV clip from last night when a caller rang in and tried to talk about the massive debt repayments due to the Glazers and he was immediately cut off, while Paddy Crerand and some other jamooks sat there scoffing about how 'all football clubs are in debt'.

It was appalling stuff. 

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

See the MUTV clip from last night when a caller rang in and tried to talk about the massive debt repayments due to the Glazers and he was immediately cut off, while Paddy Crerand and some other jamooks sat there scoffing about how 'all football clubs are in debt'.

It was appalling stuff. 

Leaving partisanship behind, what’s happening there is a disgrace. They’re a big club that, as an entity, I respect have built themselves up. Woodward should obviously be fired if they want to start winning again. The manager was never qualified to take the job in a million years. The players are being bought with no plan. The wages are outrageous, and the ownership situation is diabolical. If they’re not careful, they could have real trouble arresting the slide. 

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They will/could make big money by selling Pogba (Christ knows why his stock is still high), DeGea, who himself is on the wain but I'm sure a Spanish club would still pay 40/50 million for and Rashford who would go for at least 90 million.

Anyone in for Pogba will try and lowball them. Nobody is paying big money for him.

De Gea can't go anywhere because his salary is so big very few clubs could afford it, and those that could wouldn't want him because he's not worth it and they already have a keeper anyway.

What Spanish club would buy him? Not Barca. Not Atletico. Real maybe if Courtois isn't panning out, but that ship has sailed for him I think. He's stuck there and he knows it, that's why he signed a new deal just to get a shitload of money.

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

Anyone in for Pogba will try and lowball them. Nobody is paying big money for him.

De Gea can't go anywhere because his salary is so big very few clubs could afford it, and those that could wouldn't want him because he's not worth it and they already have a keeper anyway.

What Spanish club would buy him? Not Barca. Not Atletico. Real maybe if Courtois isn't panning out, but that ship has sailed for him I think. He's stuck there and he knows it, that's why he signed a new deal just to get a shitload of money.

So what you're  basically saying is they are f**ked? 

(Hi all by the way. Been lurking for years but recently bought a half season ticket). 

• Upvote 22

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Leaving partisanship behind, what’s happening there is a disgrace. They’re a big club that, as an entity, I respect have built themselves up. Woodward should obviously be fired if they want to start winning again. The manager was never qualified to take the job in a million years. The players are being bought with no plan. The wages are outrageous, and the ownership situation is diabolical. If they’re not careful, they could have real trouble arresting the slide. 

Their owners are the caricature of the blood sucking Americans supporters are always scared of. They could not care less about football and are just sitting on their world-renowned asset doing absolutely nothing.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, dave u said:

I agree that someone will try to low ball them on Pogba, yet for some reason they'll get good money for no other reason than the fact Pogba's name is good for marketing as in regards to merchandise and sell on value due to this. Certain managers would also get a lot more out of Pogba the player.

Think DeGea's wages are something like 350 grand a week, that's ridiculous when you look at his form leading into that 4 year contract extension. I still reckon one of the Spanish teams would be daft enough to equal those wages if they wanted to land a Spanish keeper. 

Guest Pistonbroke
7 minutes ago, Pete said:

So what you're  basically saying is they are f**ked? 

(Hi all by the way. Been lurking for years but recently bought a half season ticket). 

Welcome to the boards in a posting sense, money well spent. Have your first rep. 

In terms of ownership it is catastrophic but not unexpected for those wallowing in their situation there was a lot of goodwill from their side when we were in the H&G mire.

On the manager side I revert back to full partisan approach last night was a disaster for my cunning and devious keep Ole in the job plan. I dont want him to go give him another year man is a legend ffs. Losing two nil to Burnley at home is a sickner as ultimately I wanted him to make a dart for 4th and gallantly lose out to better managerially qualified Lampard. Me thinks they have decided to sack him all transfers from now on will have been rubber stamped by Poch. 

In regards to selling players, they should have done what we did. Sell players and rebuild with the funds.

They've done like Spurs in that they've held on to players for too long, but unlike Spurs they fucked up even more by giving these players new contracts. Mata, De Gea, Jones, Lingard.

How do you not realize, especially when you're not winning big trophies or getting anywhere near where you wanna be results wise, that these players have to go?

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, dave u said:

The only genuinely saleable asset is Rashford but they won't want to sell him and he won't want to go for a while yet.

As long as the Glazers stay, United aren't coming back.

Music to ones ears. They are certainly in the shit. Even if they were to sell their better Assets they need replacing, plus they have a squad full of mediocre-shit players on high wages. Ole's pay off when it comes won't be cheap and then they'll have to fund a new manager. Other teams will strengthen above them to ensure that top 4 finish will be extremely hard for them and those in mid table will invest and quite easily become more successful than them. If the Glazers sell out to some Oil rich bastards though.........but they are on a cushy Gravy Train, so why would they. Debt is saddled on the club and they cream off the top and other areas. 

21 minutes ago, dave u said:

And the even funnier thing about it is - they actually have a really promising young goalkeeper in Henderson

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Music to ones ears. They are certainly in the shit. Even if they were to sell their better Assets they need replacing, plus they have a squad full of mediocre-shit players on high wages. Ole's pay off when it comes won't be cheap and then they'll have to fund a new manager. Other teams will strengthen above them to ensure that top 4 finish will be extremely hard for them and those in mid table will invest and quite easily become more successful than them. If the Glazers sell out to some Oil rich bastards though.........

Don't think Glazers have to sell their financial strategy actually works as club is such a money making machine. Granted the value of their asset on the pitch the players has plummeted but much the same as the underachieving Dallas Cowboys their commercial value will remain impressive. Makes me laugh when I read what agents are taking out of the game I genuinely wonder what the Glazers will siphon off before their final payoff. 

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

And the even funnier thing about it is - they actually have a really promising young goalkeeper in Henderson

Yep. De Gea has really dropped off in the last two years. They could find themselves in a situation where Henderson is ready to be their first choice but they can't shift De Gea due to his massive wages. 

3 minutes ago, 05 Milan said:

How is debt a problem for a club that has spent 700m net since 2013? A lack of long-term planning in managerial appointments and player signings has been their undoing in terms of results on the pitch, not debt.

My point debt not an issue at all never will be .

7 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Music to ones ears. They are certainly in the shit. Even if they were to sell their better Assets they need replacing, plus they have a squad full of mediocre-shit players on high wages. Ole's pay off when it comes won't be cheap and then they'll have to fund a new manager. Other teams will strengthen above them to ensure that top 4 finish will be extremely hard for them and those in mid table will invest and quite easily become more successful than them. If the Glazers sell out to some Oil rich bastards though.........but they are on a cushy Gravy Train, so why would they. Debt is saddled on the club and they cream off the top and other areas. 

What will oil rich owners give them that they don't have already? They've matched City in spending on both player fees and wages during these barren years, and still have the financial capacity to do so. It's not about the money here, it's incompetence. The only reason we have been able to overtake them is to have more capable people in charge of the football side.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, clockspeed said:

Don't think Glazers have to sell their financial strategy actually works as club is such a money making machine. Granted the value of their asset on the pitch the players has plummeted but much the same as the underachieving Dallas Cowboys their commercial value will remain impressive. Makes me laugh when I read what agents are taking out of the game I genuinely wonder what the Glazers will siphon off before their final payoff. 

A lot will depend on the Manc fans, if things become way too toxic then you never know. having said that, if loads stay away from OT loads more will be lining up for tickets. Those buying the Gold and green scarves from the official club shop sum them up nicely. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, 05 Milan said:

What will oil rich owners give them that they don't have already? They've matched City in spending on both player fees and wages during these barren years, and still have the financial capacity to do so. It's not about the money here, it's incompetence. The only reason we have been able to overtake them is to have more capable people in charge of the football side.

It would ensure a steady flow of money and owners that might just give a fuck about returning to their glory years by being more hands on and making sure the hierarchy are competent. For want of a phrase 'savvy business people.' 

32 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

United have spent over 700 million net since 2013.

Some of their sponsorship deals will drop by a third as well next season if they miss out on the Champions League again.  

I saw someone, I think it might have been the Swiss lad on twitter who always posts analyses of clubs' finances, saying that we might pass them in revenue this season if the cards fall right (if we get to the CL final, if they don't make the top 4, etc).

That would be absolutely amazing, coming from where we were and where they were 10 years ago. Borderline criminal-levels of incompetence there, and that's really the one thing that could threaten them long-term if they cease to be the cash cow that they've been in past years. Long may they reign, the Glazers.