You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Linked with a loan for a 28year old midfielder who has hardly played for Inter Milan and even that was rejected. I can't believe they have fallen this far. They outspent everyone for sometime and now are suddenly sending out signals saying they won't be held to ransom over money and people are rejecting them left and right. Long may it continue.

3 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

They're not going to sack him, there is too much support for him. The fans don't want him sacked and the likes of Neville and Ferdinand and defended him too much for there not to be a backlash.

I'm not sure the support will last much longer. It feels like the average fan will be more "We love you Ole, but this job is too big for you. Please step aside". Hope they stay with him obviously.

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Says in The Athletic that they were chanting for Woodward to die again last night and also “stand up if you hate Glazers.” Solskjaer was serenaded with the songs from when he was a player. Long may he reign. 

BBC mentioned it on the podcast, just said it was disgusting and then moved on to why are they shit.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

I’m hoping for a much needed rally so he can survive a little longer. A big push for top four ultimately missing out on the last day by a VAR decision would be just lovely.

realistically though I think it’s just until they are mathematically out of the race for top 4.

I want them to start winning and get to goal difference close to qualifying for the CL. I want it to be as difficult as possible for them to fire him. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

If they get rid of him, the full focus will then be on Woodward, the Glazers and their running of the club. I think it's convenient to them to keep the goblin in place until teh end of the season. Even if they finish outside the European spots, this might help the next manager as surely the only way would be up.

I think the problem with OGS is they won't turn their attention to him, so it's already on Woodward and the glazers. You could see that last night. 

These are definitely getting Pochettino in the summer. Klopp has said he and Pochettino are the 2 managers most alike, they want what we have so bad but they can’t have Klopp so they’ll get the “next best thing” In their eyes.....ole knows he’s gone in the summer but he gets a massive pay off and leaves by mutual consent and go back to manage molde. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Angie81 said:

These are definitely getting Pochettino in the summer. Klopp has said he and Pochettino are the 2 managers most alike, they want what we have so bad but they can’t have Klopp so they’ll get the “next best thing” In their eyes.....ole knows he’s gone in the summer but he gets a massive pay off and leaves by mutual consent and go back to manage molde. 

Although I’m concerned they’ll improve dramatically, I’m not 100% convinced Pochettino hasn’t been left a bit broken by Spurs. Even before they reached the CL final they were in free fall domestically and Pochettino in his 10 months seemed increasingly like someone who had decided to live on canned goods in a tinfoil clad bunker before they finally sacked him. I know Klopp had half a terrible season at Dortmund, but he turned it around and left on his terms.

Given that he’s never won anything and lacks a connection to the club, I think Pochettino would have to hit the ground running or face an increasingly antsy fanbase calling for his head.

30 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Here he is, the typical Man U fan.

They somehow believe they have some God given right to be superior to others and are mentally broken when they realize they're not.

F*** them.

Exactly what most fans of other teams were saying about us in the 90s.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I really am struggling to see how this season could get any better.

I know. I've waited for more well over 20 years for this and now it's here...well, I'm just really fucking happy. Even under Rafa's best moments I didn't really think that we were or even near being the best team in the world. But now you'd need a plastic surgeon to wipe the grin off my face. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Molde have won the league in the year since he left. Something Ole could only do in his first stint there. He hadn't won it in 4 years since he came back there in 2015. Even they probably wouldn't take him back in the short term.

He might retire with his millions then because no  other club would have him either.

1 minute ago, Angie81 said:

He might retire with his millions then because no  other club would have him either.

Probably this. He's managed two PL clubs now. His record is 1 relegation and he's now got the so called biggest club in the world into relegation form. He's got absolute no idea how to turn the ship around because he's tactically inept. it wouldnt surprise me if the players are having a good laugh behind his back.

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Sky Sports showed their fixture list before. Worrying times for Ole. They could easily be bottom half by April with the games they’ve got coming up. 

Losing Rashford stops teams having to worry about the counter anywhere near as much as well. They’ll get backed up like Bellew against Stephenson, in the corner shipping punishment. You fear for Ole, you really do.

Guest Pistonbroke
38 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I really am struggling to see how this season could get any better.

Oh I don't know, if the Mancs flapped and splashed out the best part of 150 million on Maddison and Mings before the end of January I might literally piss myself. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Oh I don't know, if the Mancs flapped and splashed out the best part of 150 million on Maddison and Mings before the end of January I might literally piss myself. 

They haven't got the money though.

Everybody seems to think that they have 100's of millions in the bank but the reality is they've pissed it all up the wall.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

They haven't got the money though.

Everybody seems to think that they have 100's of millions in the bank but the reality is they've pissed it all up the wall.

Surely they have enough to go on another 200 million splurge? If they haven't, and have to sell players then they are fucked. The players they have brought in are nothing special, James is probably the only one that has improved them in a specific position and he blows hot and cold and is a diving cunt. They will/could make big money by selling Pogba (Christ knows why his stock is still high), DeGea, who himself is on the wain but I'm sure a Spanish club would still pay 40/50 million for and Rashford who would go for at least 90 million. Apart from that, I can't think of any player who could be classed as a major asset. They also have the likes of Maguire who is shite, on a lucrative contract and would be hard to shift due to wages.