You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Hes at that point now where hes basically coming out with the same waffle after every game.

Need to stick together

Need to move forward 

Blah blah blah. 

The funny thing is hes too arrogant to walk away and see the damage he is doing and its bloody Brilliant.

Agree that the fun is coming to an end, or this part of it anyway. Empty seats will force the matter.

If Pochettino is taking over once he's contractually allowed, surely they'll have to leak it soon.

Should still be entertaining though, because there's so much wrong there from the chief executive, manager, recruitment staff down to the players. Or to look at it another way, everything we do brilliantly, they do terribly. 

Our genuine outrage last weekend that some pundit had put two of their players on a combined XI is pretty telling.

• Upvote 2

Much more confident they’ll waste the chubby hamster now than I was when they should have appointed him. So many issues with the set-up there which even a coach of his calibre will be swimming against the stream to overcome.

The delay of at least a year was fatal in that they’ve been allowed to drift even further into the mire by a rank amateur, their fanbase is growing more toxic and losing patience by the hour, and everyone got to see him helpless to stop the rot he’d allowed to set in at Spurs.

Will all combine to shorten his honeymoon period and reduce the benefit of the doubt, when they continue the same few good results followed by a stinker routine that’s their new normal.

That win over PSG truly was the ultimate comedy moment. For all Moyes stunning consistency, it must be the best single episode since Ferguson fucked off.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

They're not going to sack him, there is too much support for him. The fans don't want him sacked and the likes of Neville and Ferdinand and defended him too much for there not to be a backlash.

Once the attendance starts going down and fans leaving early its only a matter of time. 

With Hogdson near the end it turned from anger to apathy very quickly and when the owners seen the attendance at the bolton match they knew they had to act.

Mancs will be the same the supporters turning away will make the act regardless of what Ole's mates in the media say.

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Says in The Athletic that they were chanting for Woodward to die again last night and also “stand up if you hate Glazers.” Solskjaer was serenaded with the songs from when he was a player. Long may he reign. 

Solskjaer FC > Man Utd FC

11 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

They're not going to sack him, there is too much support for him. The fans don't want him sacked and the likes of Neville and Ferdinand and defended him too much for there not to be a backlash.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A vocal few may flap their gums to give the usual utterances of support, time, the Utd way, etc. but most do so with little conviction. They're reading the script, but their heart's not in it.

Them flocking for the exits from the 84th minute, devoid of any hope against a lowly Burnley, says far more. They can't bring themselves to say the words out loud, as it'd mean one more supposed legend - the type who "gets the club" - is in reality just a tit in a trance, a pratfall on the sidelines of football's greatest comedy. And it's eating them up inside. Lovely stuff.

It'll all be over soon, but the final days bring with them the real joy of infighting (we've been there) and delusion that are the perfect dessert to the seven course meal of hilarity we've been served post-Ferguson.

I'm getting some snacks in and staking out Red Cafe.

• Upvote 3

Was listening to James Richardson’s podcast the other day they mentioned rashford was about to switch Agents to Raiola.

the same guys that said united ruin young footballers. Him and greenwood are the only Positive things they can pin their hopes to. It’ll be hilarious seeing them try to navigate that.

39 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

662B65D4-0D49-455C-A4D4-31EFD0E26B83.jpeg

Ed’s standing by his man. 

If they get rid of him, the full focus will then be on Woodward, the Glazers and their running of the club. I think it's convenient to them to keep the goblin in place until teh end of the season. Even if they finish outside the European spots, this might help the next manager as surely the only way would be up.

3 hours ago, Code said:

Our first three visits to new Wembley were terrible, the same goes for winning our only trophy between 2007 and 2019 as well.

The Everton semi and the League cup final were great occasions, I was thrilled when Kenny was appointed and felt on top of the world when we beat Chelsea and beat United 3-0. Fulham away 5-2 was great too, as was hammering Everton at home but the 11/12 season was generally grim. Both cup finals were non-events in terms of our style of play, we were going nowhere but backwards and lost at home to Wigan and West Brom (as well as others). 

The parallels with OGS are obvious - huge bounce when he is appointed on a caretaker basis, an initial desire to play attacking football in the traditions of the club and a subsequent falling away immediately upon being appointed full-time. I almost posted that the difference was the two cup finals, but they could still technically manage that this year. From out point of view, Utd getting to one or both cup finals and losing would be sweet because it would enhance the  prospects of them keeping hold of a man who is not qualified to manage a modern premier league football club. Sadly, that is precisely the situation in which Liverpool FC found itself in the summer of 2012. I argued at the time that FSG didn't have the moral authority to sack Kenny, but it was difficult to argue with their decision from any other point of view, irrespective of the merits of his successor. 

In my opinion your argument is precisely the kind of point that Ole's supporters will be making - harking back to the PSG game, or the day they beat City and extrapolating away from good performances that they have a good manager. It's heart over head. To my mind it kind of proves my point. 

3 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Unfortunately these tossers have just too much money to struggle for too long. They'll eventually spend their way to success - again.

They could spend shitloads under the gimp and apart from a cup final if they get easy draws like city last season, they arent going to be successful while he's there. The big question is, just how long will they persist with him?

He surely cannot start next season as manager so I think he might be safe until the last 4 or 5 games when either he'll swallow his sword or their owners bin him. As a manager, he's utterly incompetent. Fucking your only decent striker like he has with rashford is just beyond comprehension.

Since he was made permanent manager last year, it's funny how the papers and tv sports programmes had been trumpeting 'Ole wants' this play, that player etc. Now, ferdinand hints that these are players foistered on him and he's had nothing to do with signing them. Neither despite being there a full year has he established what ferdinand calls a 'clear pathway.' Again, ferdinand hints this is the owners problem, surely that's down to solskjaer?

Some of the shit, well all of it actually, that solskjaer come out with in his pressers is pure comedy gold. The united fans probably swallowed his soundbite bollocks but you get the feeling even his most ardent supporters can see he's a bigger bullshitter than Moyes.

After that, it is who they get in. Everyone seems to think Pochettino is the favourite but I think Allegri the former Juve manager might be a dark horse.